Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some days one wonders where the thoughts of others originate « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#135 : January 22, 2013, 05:29:02 PM

Lemme guess CBWx2 - you're a fan of Bill Ayers.  Shock the world by declaring you are....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#136 : January 22, 2013, 06:32:15 PM

Lemme guess CBWx2 - you're a fan of Bill Ayers.  Shock the world by declaring you are....

He's not a fan but he is a supporter.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#137 : January 22, 2013, 06:53:29 PM

LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#138 : January 22, 2013, 07:13:29 PM

lol, this thread is on its way to being a classic ... if we can combine the few we have going this could reach Chrispy or FTW proportions .....

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#139 : January 22, 2013, 08:44:21 PM

Is that what you were when you were writing me love letters?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#140 : January 22, 2013, 08:54:32 PM

Not really. Never even heard of the guy until the 2008 elections. But I digress...

Come on fellas. Let's do a head count. How many of you rugged individualists within this vastly complex ecosystem with so many drastically differing ideologies that is The Cove read Thomas Sowell?

I'd love to hear from you all, but I'm particularly interested in hearing Illuminator continue to pretend not to be a conservative while propagating various Libertarian memes and professing his admiration for Thomas Sowell.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#141 : January 22, 2013, 09:21:45 PM

Some days one wonders where thoughts originate. I wonder how many of you dig, Milton Friedman, Lew Rockwell, Murray Rothbard, and Ludwig Von Mises? Any of you happen to watch John Stossel? How many copies of The Fountainhead  and Atlas Shrugged are there between the lot of you, I wonder?

How utterly comical it is to hear you all suggest that you are "free thinkers" just because you aren't a member of a political party. I've never met a more homogenous bunch of indoctrinated people in my freaking life. Go ahead and tell me more about this Thomas Sowell. No need to be specific as to who should tell me. I'm pretty sure you're ALL fans of his.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#142 : January 22, 2013, 09:31:01 PM

: January 23, 2013, 07:34:03 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#143 : January 22, 2013, 09:47:25 PM

Now you are just bsing, you don't know Ayers, I led you to Friedman, and next thing I know someone will be introducing you to Valerie Jarrett and you think the Obamas are attorneys.  Remember - A is A.
: January 22, 2013, 10:05:57 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

spartan

Hall of Famer
#144 : January 22, 2013, 10:06:39 PM

Some days one wonders where thoughts originate. I wonder how many of you dig, Milton Friedman, Lew Rockwell, Murray Rothbard, and Ludwig Von Mises? Any of you happen to watch John Stossel? How many copies of The Fountainhead  and Atlas Shrugged are there between the lot of you, I wonder?

Even if true, what's your point? Got your copy of the Little Red Book?

How utterly comical it is to hear you all suggest that you are "free thinkers" just because you aren't a member of a political party.

Ah, is your point that if you appreciate the thoughts and ideas of another you are no longer a "free thinker?"

I've never met a more homogenous bunch of indoctrinated people in my freaking life.

I don't believe you said that. With all the buzzwords, cute phrases and revisionist history ........

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#145 : January 23, 2013, 08:37:42 AM

Even if true, what's your point? Got your copy of the Little Red Book?

Don't own one. Not into Chairman Mao. But so what if I did? I'm not the one claiming to be an individual with need of a completely different ideological classification as all the other individuals that read the exact same things and hold the exact same political and economic beliefs as I do.

How utterly comical it is to hear you all suggest that you are "free thinkers" just because you aren't a member of a political party.

Ah, is your point that if you appreciate the thoughts and ideas of another you are no longer a "free thinker?"

No. My point is that you are no less indoctrinated as those you all call out for being indoctrinated. You just are indoctrinated by a different set of values. I have met a ton of liberals in my life, and they have read a wide variety of political scholars and philosophers, some of which I hadn't heard of until I met them. I have never met a Libertarian that didn't read the exact same crap as every other Libertarian. That doesn't make you a free thinker, that makes you part of a collective, any way you slice it.

I've never met a more homogenous bunch of indoctrinated people in my freaking life.

I don't believe you said that. With all the buzzwords, cute phrases and revisionist history ........

Of course not. You should ask your buddies how many of them really dig that Freidrich Hayek fella...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#146 : January 23, 2013, 12:55:18 PM

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#147 : January 24, 2013, 11:05:38 AM

Seriously??

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some days one wonders where the thoughts of others originate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools