Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FINDING FREEMAN'S COMPETITION IN 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: January 08, 2013, 04:28:44 PM

According to head coach Greg Schiano and sources with the Buccaneers, it appears Tampa Bay wants to bring in competition for quarterback Josh Freeman. Not only to push him, but possibly succeed him if 2013 doesn't pan out. Pewter Report takes a look at a weak free agent class and a few other possibilities in this article.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8694

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 08, 2013, 04:31:39 PM

Yea, his competition is no doubt going to come from a rookie draft pick...that is, if they are truly serious about finding his successor.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 08, 2013, 04:33:09 PM

Can't you just go to the store and get a 4,000 yard 25+ TD quarterback?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 08, 2013, 04:37:21 PM

FRG, someone on Twitter said yesterday, just trade Freeman to KC for the #1 pick, sign Alex Smith and sign DRC in free agency. I asked him, is this Madden 2013? No one likes to dream more than me, but people have to be more realistic.

DailyRich68

Starter
#4 : January 08, 2013, 04:43:22 PM

Flacco wouldn't be competition, he'd be the starter.  Everyone else on that list doesn't seem like any more of a push than Orlovsky is.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 08, 2013, 05:14:51 PM

If the names in this article are our only options, I'll suffer through another year of Freeman. Why no mention of Flynn, Alex Smith, or Mallet? I'm not saying they are who I want, just curious why there was no mention.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 08, 2013, 05:30:14 PM

God, that list is putrid. Other than Flacco, the guys on that list would be more competition for Dan the Man. I would take Free or an unproven rookie over anyone on that list.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 08, 2013, 05:40:44 PM

God, that list is putrid. Other than Flacco, the guys on that list would be more competition for Dan the Man. I would take Free or an unproven rookie over anyone on that list.

Really the point of the story. Last season would have been the year to draft or bring in a vet.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#8 : January 08, 2013, 05:44:58 PM

Last season would have been the year to draft or bring in a vet.

I called for that over and over last year and got called a troll for saying it.   They needed to bring in a QB to challenge Freeman for the starting job last year given the quantity and quality of available QB's.

Now they realize it, but it's too late.

Their only hopes are Tebow or Barkley.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : January 08, 2013, 05:45:53 PM

ewter Report takes a look at a weak free agent class and a few other possibilities in this article.

Holy crap - there's some sorry football players on your list MC. I'm not seeing a lot of competition for the Freeman there.  If we're subjected to watching those QBs play, then I'm headed to a swan-dive off the Sunshine Skyyway next season.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 08, 2013, 05:46:23 PM

I'm all for bringing in Alex Smith, as much as people might hate the guy.

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 08, 2013, 05:52:06 PM

We wouldn't be looking at FA for competition.  Article should be looking at draft, not somewhere we all know isn't a remotely serious direction.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 08, 2013, 05:55:03 PM

Best options would be thru trade or the draft. Free agency sucks this year for the QB position.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#13 : January 08, 2013, 05:57:03 PM

I'm one who has felt that maybe Josh Freeman isn't the answer.  What I mean by this is he's not Dan Marino, Joe Montana and so on.  just like there's book smart and street smart, there's book smart Qbs and street smart Qbs. I would put Brian Griese in this category; i once told a chargers fan friend of mine that Palmer is just a more talented Brian Griese.  And, this is what I mean to suggest about Josh Freeman; he's more of a books mart qb than a street smart(or this case football smart) Qb.

Furthermore, when I voice my concerns as a Fan for looking for competition for Josh Freeman, it's not that I don't think he can develop even more; it's just that, if I were coach, i wouldn't wait five more years for this guy; or else, if I were coach, I wouldn't last that long! There's plenty of Qb's in this league who developed late; Michael Vick and McNair are two recent examples.  Other's would be Steve Beurlien, Rich Gannon.  But, getting back to my first point above, I see a book smart Qb and not a street smart Qb.  I see some underrated street and probably book smart qbs in this draft that nobody is talking about yet(Jordan Rodgers/Nick Florence). 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 08, 2013, 05:57:30 PM

If the names in this article are our only options, I'll suffer through another year of Freeman. Why no mention of Flynn, Alex Smith, or Mallet? I'm not saying they are who I want, just curious why there was no mention.

Smith and Mallett could be viable options.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FINDING FREEMAN'S COMPETITION IN 2013 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools