Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favorite NCAA team of Buccaneer fans? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#30 : January 09, 2013, 09:34:31 AM

Who gives a **CENSORED** about foreigners?

Why are you such a tool?

El Diablo

Starter

#31 : January 09, 2013, 09:38:51 AM

I think there are more Gator fans than anything. I prefer the Noles because I loved watching that defense through the years and did quite a bit of partying there in my youth. The place was swarming with kegs and HOT HOT girls.  I don't really like redneck, trailer Gator fan.. That doesn't go for the yuppy fans actually went there, I don't mind them... as much.

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#32 : January 09, 2013, 11:09:47 AM

UConn. I think it's a sad day for Connecticut when we say that one of our biggest conference rivals is gonna be USF. No offense, I like the Bulls, but it reflects poorly on the Big East. I go to school in Western NY, but our school doesn't have football.

Say my name...

acacius

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 09, 2013, 11:22:49 AM

My general impression of the fanbase as a whole would be the Gators and then the Noles with the Bulls running a fairly strong third.

You'd think TAMPA BAY Buccaneer fans would be fans of TAMPA BAY's major university.
Meh.  A person's college team is going to be heavily influenced by where they go to school.  I was born in Melbourne and grew up in Satellite Beach, so the Bucs were the closest thing I had to a home team.  I also graduated from Florida State.  So I root for the Noles.  There's nothing even vaguely remarkable about that.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 09, 2013, 01:43:05 PM

Does Tampa Bay have a major athletics university?  USF is going to be in CUSA fairly soon.  I guess depends on what you consider major when it comes to collegiate athletics.  Either way, people usually cheer for their alma mater.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#35 : January 09, 2013, 02:29:57 PM

Does Tampa Bay have a major athletics university? 

USF got up to #2 in the nation a few seasons ago. The winner of USF's division Louisville just embarrassed The University of Florida team - I believe the Bulls, whose university has a population near 50k, is considered "major" nowadays.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 09, 2013, 02:34:42 PM

Except in 2 years, USF likely won't be in that conference anymore, because the conference won't exist anymore. They will likely be in CUSA. And even if they do exist, with all the teams that have left, they will be treated the same as CUSA is now, because the conference will be primarily made up of CUSA teams.    Should people in New Orleans be required to cheer for Tulane over LSU?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 09, 2013, 02:37:23 PM

I didn't see Syracuse as an option, must have been a typo....

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 09, 2013, 02:39:21 PM

Except in 2 years, USF likely won't be in that conference anymore, because the conference won't exist anymore. They will likely be in CUSA. And even if they do exist, with all the teams that have left, they will be treated the same as CUSA is now, because the conference will be primarily made up of CUSA teams.    Should people in New Orleans be required to cheer for Tulane over LSU?

Oh, so you're projecting something that "might" happen in 2-3 yrs from now to explain your answer about the current situation.

I'm not sure what fallacy that is, but there's definitely a flaw in your logic.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 09, 2013, 02:43:14 PM

No, I know what will happen.  Either the Big East will survive and no longer be a BCS conference, because they will have replaced Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville with ECU and Memphis, or they will simply fold as a conference and their teams will end up in the CUSA and Sun Belt.  Either way, it puts USF football on the same level as Tulane.  And I ask again, should people who live in the New Orleans area be required to cheer for Tulane over LSU?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 09, 2013, 02:51:31 PM

I didn't see Syracuse as an option, must have been a typo....
big east teams aren't considered major on this thread evidently

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 09, 2013, 02:53:37 PM

Syracuse is an ACC team as of next year.  Nor have I said that you have to cheer for a major team.  Just that you shouldn't be required to cheer for a lesser team because they're closer.

Clearwater Buc 21

Rookie
#42 : January 09, 2013, 07:40:19 PM

I guess the point I was trying to make was "which is the college team for the Bucs?" Like for most Ravens fans, their college team is the Terps. For Falcons fans, many are Georgia Tech fans (or Georgia Bulldogs). Packers fans- Wisconsin fans. Cowboys-Longhorns. Dolphins-Hurricanes. etc. There are 3 major teams for Florida, so I wasn't sure which would best represent Buccaneer fans: Gators, Noles, Canes, or USF Bulls?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 09, 2013, 07:49:38 PM

I don't think you can draw any conclusions - we have a few great players who were alumuni from FSU (Brooks n' Dunn).  We have a lot of fans who are Gator fans because of their success under Spurrier and Meyer/Tebow.

From what I see around this area (TB), it seems like the Gators have the biggest following here based on flags, bumper stickers, people walking around w/ shirts/hats, etc etc.

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#44 : January 10, 2013, 12:54:19 AM

I'm not from Florida, but I always felt the typical NFL/NCAA breakdown for the average FL football fan to be Jags/Gators, Bucs/Gators, Dolphins/Canes. I always got the impression the Seminole fans didn't care that strongly about the NFL. Maybe because the Jags didn't exist until 1995. But I always felt that the majority of Seminole fans didn't have a shared favorite NFL fan.

Say my name...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favorite NCAA team of Buccaneer fans? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools