Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rob Ryan fired... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

YReceiver14

Starter

« : January 08, 2013, 08:06:08 PM »

Shocking, to say the least.

Cowboys message board is postulating that Lovie Smith could be on his way to Dallas.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 08, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »

We should have this guy on a plane to Tampa right the second...but its doubtful.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 08, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »

Their D wasn't that bad was it?   I don't follow the Cowgirls close.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

McCoy93

Starter

« #3 : January 08, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »

We should have this guy on a plane to Tampa right the second...but its doubtful.

doesn't he run a 3-4 D?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 08, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »

doesn't he run a 3-4 D?

Sure does. Hell of a lot better scheme than we currently run.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 08, 2013, 08:37:32 PM »

Just a name. Guy is not nearly as good as his brother as a d coord and if you think Schiano would put up with this blowhard you're nuts.

McCoy93

Starter

« #6 : January 08, 2013, 08:41:21 PM »

I would love too see us transition to a 3-4 D; We have some players who could make the move; McCoy as an end but we need our big run stuffer and our version or Watt or Aldon smith

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 08, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »

Not too bad. Certainly not the reason why they didn't make the playoffs. I tend to think he was fired to send a message. It's quite possible JJ will take playcalling from Garrett to continue this "message".

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 08, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »

Not too bad. Certainly not the reason why they didn't make the playoffs. I tend to think he was fired to send a message. It's quite possible JJ will take playcalling from Garrett to continue this "message".

That is the trouble working for Jerry, he is all over the place.  I can't see Gruden going there TBH.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #9 : January 08, 2013, 08:57:55 PM »

Shocking, to say the least.

Cowboys message board is postulating that Lovie Smith could be on his way to Dallas.

Lovie doesn't seem like the type of guy to work for Jerry.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 08, 2013, 09:03:23 PM »

Watch the tape of the Bucs playing at Dallas this year.   He totally shut the Bucs offense down.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #11 : January 08, 2013, 09:06:14 PM »

I would love too see us transition to a 3-4 D; We have some players who could make the move; McCoy as an end but we need our big run stuffer and our version or Watt or Aldon smith

If you transition to a 3-4 your best defensive player Lavonte David now becomes irrelevant - he is not an OLB rush linebacker and his best asset is playing in space. Moving him to the middle negates what he does best.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 08, 2013, 09:08:03 PM »

Well ..he doesn't lack for confidence.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

RT @espn_macmahon....... Rob Ryan confirms he's fired. "I'll be out of work for like 5 minutes," he said.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 08, 2013, 09:14:55 PM »

doesn't he run a 3-4 D?

Sure does. Hell of a lot better scheme than we currently run.
In what way?
The guy is the most over hyped DC out there, he sucks.
You take away the Ryan name and he'd have been back coachinh LBers years ago.
9 seasons and he's never once had a defense ranked in the top 15 for points allowed,not 5 but FIFTEEN while coaching 3 units to being in the bottom 4 (a third of the seasons he's been a DC)
Yardage isn;t much better with a single top 12 ranking.
I think I'd rather have Java coach the D than Ryan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #14 : January 08, 2013, 09:31:48 PM »

He will have a job very quickly.

Solid defensive coordinator. 

Now that he isn't an employee of the Cowpokes, I can say he isn't a steaming pile of crap.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rob Ryan fired... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools