Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rob Ryan fired... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 08, 2013, 09:35:28 PM

It's easy to cherry pick particular stats and say something sucks.

You ask "in what way?".

Simple. Look at last years pass defense and see how not only the CBs were exposed, but every player that essentially dropped back into coverage. Rob Ryan would yield better results than the combo of Schiano/Sheridan. Absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.
: January 08, 2013, 09:37:38 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Wesmon

Second String

#16 : January 08, 2013, 09:39:02 PM

Amazing how the whole Ryan clan has ridden so far on the success of Buddy as a DC. Buddy was a failure as a HC and so was Rex. Meanwhile, Rob has been a mediocre DC at best. Time for this whole family of loud-mouth blowhards to disappear from the limelight once and for good.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 08, 2013, 10:34:10 PM

I'm cherry picking when I use his entire career and he's not had one good season?
I think you'll find saying "look at last year, he had a reason for not being very good" is the very definition of cherry picking.
Would you care to come up with reasons why he's sucked each and every other year that he's been a DC?
At some point you just have to look at the overall results and admit that he isn't very good, I think a 9 season sample where he's been far closer to the leagues worst than the best is more than good enough to form an opinion.
Yes you could say injuries were a reason if it were a 1 year anomaly but it's every season.
You give me 1 good DC that has had 9 straight seasons doing the job where their results were a bad as Ryans, just 1.
To help you out here is the average ranking of the defensive units he's coached the last 9 years, 22nd, the guy can't even average being ranked in the teens and you are going to try and claim he's any more than below average?
No team with a Rob Ryan coached defense has ever made the playoffs, you think this is a guy that will help?
At some point "reasons" become excuses, it's ok not everybody is good at what they do, we are allowed to look past the media hype and boast from theloudmouth himself and admit that.
: January 08, 2013, 10:36:32 PM TBTrojan

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#18 : January 09, 2013, 01:13:00 AM

But he should be in with us...I think he can work here.. Any thoughts?

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 09, 2013, 01:53:40 AM

I believe he runs a 3-4 in Dallas and we don't have 3-4 personnel. We barely have 3 good LBs and we'd need a 4th. You could probably play Clayborn and McCoy at DE but you'd need a much bigger NT and none of our other DEs are big enough to play DE in a 3-4 and they aren't quick enough to be OLBs. 

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#20 : January 09, 2013, 02:35:35 AM

I've thought about this a lot, as I think it's a better overall defense.  Bowers may be able to convert to rush LB.  Miller could fill in at NT for a year until we drafted/sign another one.  The problem I have is what to do with David.  He's too good to waste, but wouldn't fit that scheme at all.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : January 09, 2013, 05:15:37 AM

Who cares about the crap personnel on this team?   It's crap.    Hire Ryan if possible - as head coach.

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 09, 2013, 07:03:33 AM

Who cares about the crap personnel on this team?   It's crap.    Hire Ryan if possible - as head coach.

Fail.....as usual....

STERN11354

Starter

#23 : January 09, 2013, 07:06:40 AM

I thought Java only wanted Jon Gruden as HC and no other.

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#24 : January 09, 2013, 07:12:18 AM

He/She is probably borderline butt-hurt that Jay Gruden is a better offensive-mind than Jon. Oh....and that Tebow on this team would still be behind Dan O on the depth chart, warming the bench as a third stringer.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 10, 2013, 03:03:55 PM

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8832382/monte-kiffin-focus-dallas-cowboys-search-defensive-coordinator

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 10, 2013, 03:15:57 PM

9 seasons and he's never once had a defense ranked in the top 15 for points allowed,

thats an impressive stat.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 10, 2013, 03:19:05 PM

It's easy to cherry pick particular stats and say something sucks.

You ask "in what way?".

Simple. Look at last years pass defense and see how not only the CBs were exposed, but every player that essentially dropped back into coverage. Rob Ryan would yield better results than the combo of Schiano/Sheridan. Absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.

it is worth noting that schiano and sheridans D gave up less points than ryans D...considering we dont have a premiere pass rusher or a talented DefBackfield in a passing league.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : January 10, 2013, 03:35:58 PM

When you can't have Gru, you just have to look for an upgrade from Schiano.   

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 10, 2013, 05:24:32 PM

When you can't have Gru, you just have to look for an upgrade from Schiano.
And that would be Rob Ryan?
To quote your man Gruden: Are you out of your skull?!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rob Ryan fired... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools