Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: #1 Pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 09, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Star

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 09, 2013, 11:13:40 AM

The problem with Star being the pick is that they run a 3-4 and just drafted Poe last year. So in my mind, if they are drafting a DLmen...it will be a DE like Werner or Moore.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 09, 2013, 11:25:39 AM

The problem with Star being the pick is that they run a 3-4 and just drafted Poe last year. So in my mind, if they are drafting a DLmen...it will be a DE like Werner or Moore.

They don't even have a DC right now, so I see no reason for them not to go to a 4-3 like Reid prefers.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 09, 2013, 11:48:01 AM

Certainly plausible.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 09, 2013, 12:38:07 PM

I would say Star or Luke. Start in the trenches if the QBs aren't that great this year. Star would make that defensive line even more formidable if they run a 4-3 next year.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 09, 2013, 12:48:57 PM

Build the D then next yr "Stink for Manzeil"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 09, 2013, 12:56:52 PM

Build the D then next yr "Stink for Manzeil"

and if you miss him you get teddy b?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 09, 2013, 01:37:00 PM

joeckel - albert - hudson - asomoah - winston.  thats a pretty good start for any QB.  although they had most those guys last year and it didnt help.
Exactly. The line is already more than good enough to win if you have other pieces. I don't understand the Joeckel talk.
And it won't happen. Their offensive line is actually good.

With Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson that team could do a complete 180. I think they go Smith and Andy Reid has his Donovan McNabb like QB.

And its not like your paying a crapload of $$$ for Smith. If he busts, its not THAT detrimental to the franchise financially. They can afford to take him and if he pans out to be an above average QB its a win for KC.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 09, 2013, 07:36:53 PM

Trading up for Geno would be idiotic . Dude isn't that good.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 09, 2013, 09:37:38 PM

I would trade out of #1 in this draft, pick up extra picks.

Original post says, in what will likely be true, that nobody wants the #1 pick this year. 

I'm going to actually guess Latoulelei, and then KC takes a QB in the 2nd.

I hear ya man, but you could always make a deal if you want to bad enough.  Who was it that gave up there whole draft ?  Was it Ditka for Ricky Williams.?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: #1 Pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools