Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade Up for Milliner or Trade Down for Rhodes « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

: January 08, 2013, 11:39:45 PM

I have seen a number of Mock Drafts that have Milliner going to Tenn at #10.

Banks would probably be available at #13 for the Bucs, but Banks seems injury prone.

I sure like Milliner and it looks like the Bucs could trade up to #9 with Clev and get Milliner.

Don't know as much about Rhodes, but it seems if the Bucs wanted him they could trade down 4 to 7 spots and get Rhodes.

What do you think???

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 08, 2013, 11:44:36 PM

I have no problem with the first part, major problem with drafting Rhodes anywhere before 25.  I'd rather have Banks than only moving down a few spots (and likely not gaining that much) to grab Rhodes.  Now, if we're talking about moving down like 10 spots and picking up a fairly decent pick, I can get behind that.

Law-Buc

Starter
#2 : January 09, 2013, 12:00:56 AM

I see Dominick moving down in the first round and taking Rhodes.  A trade down could net an extra third if there's a QB available (i.e. Matt Barkley) that the Cowboys would like to draft. The Cowboys traded its first and second round picks to move up 8 spots in last year's draft.  We should be able to fleece a 3rd round pick in a trade down scenario and still take Rhodes between picks 18-25.   
: January 09, 2013, 12:13:39 AM ga15275

Tampafan8251

Starter
#3 : January 09, 2013, 12:02:18 AM

I wouldn't mind Banks at 13 but I am higher on Milliner and Rhodes, Rhodes we would most likely trade down for but the dude is a beast, very physical with the wr's and isn't afraid to lay down the wood, a Schiano type of CB...I saw Walterfootballs mock today and I actually liked it...Banks at 13, Zach Ertz in the 2nd an WIll Davis CB from UT St in round 3...on the Ertz pick Walter stated he was told by Charlie Campbell that the bucs will be picking a tight end early in this years draft...I'm sure Charlie still has his bucs sources..I would be all for trading back into the first for Eifert or going after Ertz

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#4 : January 09, 2013, 12:21:31 AM

I saw that change in Walter's draft.  He had an OT previously slated for the 2nd pick.  A TE could certainly help.....but, assuming Trueblood is gone, an OT is almost mandatory (unless we get FA help).  If an injury occurred to Penn or Datson who could the Bucs used at the OT position.  I would like the Bucs to draft a ROT who is a little better than Datson.  Datson would be perfect as a back-up at both ROT and LOT.  Not all back-ups OT's can play on both sides.(eg. Trueblood)

Tampafan8251

Starter
#5 : January 09, 2013, 12:30:38 AM

I can see a RT taken from rounds 4 on but its not as much of a pressing need as a new young future tight end, this draft is loaded with good tight ends and if we have a shot at Eifert or Ertz i'm all for it

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 09, 2013, 02:17:24 AM

Banks, for the injuries he's had, has better numbers than milliner.I wouldn't skoff at Ed Reed, and i believe Banks also falls into that catigory.

Both milliner and Banks will be good at the NFL level, so i don't believe the bucs "lose" as long as they can nab one of the two. Although, both may require moving up and their draft stock may change by draft day. The Eagles will want a corner and San Diego has nearly all their CBs leaving for FA.

The only way I don't see Tampa reaching for one of these guys is unless Dom/glazers are dead-set on throwing a ton of money into FA.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#7 : January 09, 2013, 02:26:18 AM

I would say trade down for Rhodes.  I really have the top CB prospects as 1a. Milliner 1b. Rhodes 1c. Logan Ryan 2. Banks.  So a better idea would be to trade down for Eifert, take Ryan in the 2nd (may need to use a 4th and move back up for him as I think he'll end up going late 1st -early 2nd when all is said and done). We'd still have 2 3's and a 4 to fill in some other holes.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 09, 2013, 02:03:24 PM

Trade down for Rhodes, stay pat for Milliner. Milliner just isn't a special CB to be taken that high in the top 10. Sure he is the #1 CB in the class - a good one at that but he isn't a top 10 talent. If we gave up a 4th to move up 3 or 4 spots its not that bad but going in the top 5 to get him is a no-go.

I don't like Banks like I do Milliner. He blew more assignments this year and he just isn't as physical as Milliner in press coverage.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 09, 2013, 02:47:47 PM

Milliner helped himself out a lot in the notre dame game. He was solid all night.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 09, 2013, 10:03:35 PM

Lets say we land DRC in free agency come March, who still thinks we spend either of our first two picks on a CB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 09, 2013, 10:09:48 PM

Trade down for Rhodes, stay pat for Milliner. Milliner just isn't a special CB to be taken that high in the top 10. Sure he is the #1 CB in the class - a good one at that but he isn't a top 10 talent. If we gave up a 4th to move up 3 or 4 spots its not that bad but going in the top 5 to get him is a no-go.

I don't like Banks like I do Milliner. He blew more assignments this year and he just isn't as physical as Milliner in press coverage.

Agree with that.  If he is there at #13.....great.  If not swing into plan B.  No trade up.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 09, 2013, 10:19:32 PM

Lets say we land DRC in free agency come March, who still thinks we spend either of our first two picks on a CB?
Me. The secondary is just too deprived of talent.(thanks Myron Lewis)

Leonard Johnson and Anthony Gaitor are great stories and all but they aren't caliber NFL starters. Biggers would be a better #3 than starter and his contract is up. Tampa will definitely need to mold them a young starting caliber CB and it'll have to be early.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 09, 2013, 10:20:32 PM

For those of you clamoring for Banks at 13, remember there was a reason the Bucs passed on Morris Claiborne last year. He was not a physical enough for Schiano in run support and was on the ground far too often when trying tackle. Banks, if you watch film is not physical and shies away from contact. Xavier Rhodes is the most physical corner in this draft on perimeter runs, and jammed receivers at the LOS more than any other corner in this class. Based on what transpired last year with Claiborne I highly doubt the Bucs look at Banks at 13. I think Rhodes is their target unless one of the top pass rushers is still on the board like Moore.

tmac87

Starter
#14 : January 10, 2013, 12:18:57 AM

Milliner or Rhodes is OK with me. Not hyped on Banks.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade Up for Milliner or Trade Down for Rhodes « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools