Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent Options at Slot Wide Receiver for the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 09, 2013, 08:57:26 PM

.  Not sure Freeman has the accuracy/timing to make any slot WR effective, though.
That is the problem.

And to date, he doesn't.  And when he does hit a slot guy, there is usually another guy running an intermediate route that you can spot wide open WITH MITTS UP, further down the field, usually uncovered.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 09, 2013, 09:16:27 PM

Yeah, you can have the quickest fastest coolest slot receiver in the league, but he'll be useless if your QB can't hit him in stride.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 09, 2013, 09:24:12 PM

A good slot guy would do wonders for Freeman's game IMO.  He needs a good checkdown guy, that he can trust.  Him and  Underwood had some bad mojo going on.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 09, 2013, 09:27:13 PM

Yeah, you can have the quickest fastest coolest slot receiver in the league, but he'll be useless if your QB can't hit him in stride.
Or hit him at all.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 09, 2013, 09:42:07 PM

Jackson, Williams, Amendola = best receiving corps in the NFC.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 09, 2013, 09:50:35 PM

.  Not sure Freeman has the accuracy/timing to make any slot WR effective, though.
That is the problem.

And to date, he doesn't.  And when he does hit a slot guy, there is usually another guy running an intermediate route that you can spot wide open WITH MITTS UP, further down the field, usually uncovered.

Underwood has great speed but is a poor route runner. Josh didn't seem to have as many issues hitting Williams and Jackson on short routes. I think a guy like Amendola would be devastating for opposing defenses.

You don't pass on signing a top-notch slot receiver for the right price, I don't care who the QB is.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#36 : January 10, 2013, 12:45:57 AM

Jackson, Williams, Amendola = best receiving corps in the NFC.

In the NFL you mean. That group of receivers would be **CENSORED**ing awesome. Now I really want this to happen. I'd definitely approve of Hartline or Edelman as well though if the price was too steep for Amendola.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 10, 2013, 12:48:35 AM

Ogletree is probably the only legit option. Cribbs is an awful WR and his return ability is nearly moot at this point. Amendola won't escape St.Louis and if he does he is in line for a huge pay day. Wes Welker is old and product of Tom Brady.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 10, 2013, 01:47:59 AM

Ogletree is probably the only legit option. Cribbs is an awful WR and his return ability is nearly moot at this point. Amendola won't escape St.Louis and if he does he is in line for a huge pay day. Wes Welker is old and product of Tom Brady.

Can't disagree with any of that.  Cribbs has had several concussions. We really need a good slot guy though.  Or a Gronk type TE.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 10, 2013, 07:22:35 AM

That is the problem.

Preston Parker had 40 recps , 554 yards , and 3 TD's two years ago as a slot WR ......and Parker sucks.

So to say Freeman can't hit a slot wr is false , and simply another attempt to bash the QB

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#40 : January 10, 2013, 07:28:16 AM

Yeah for as much as we bash Freeman, he has made Sammie Stroughter, Preston Parker and Underwood all look better than they really are/were as our slot receivers. I just hope that once he gets a real good one that he doesn't turn into the king of checkdowns again like he was with Winslow.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 10, 2013, 08:02:24 AM

A good slot guy would do wonders for Freeman's game IMO.  He needs a good checkdown guy, that he can trust.  Him and  Underwood had some bad mojo going on.

He has a great check down guy in Doug Martin but rarely used him correctly. Not sure why an electric slot guy will be any different. The way Freeman leads his receivers into full on collisions, one of these smaller slot guys won't even hold up.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 10, 2013, 09:59:06 AM

Stedman Bailey please.

This is where I'm at as well.  I'd like to see the Bucs take him in the 2nd.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 10, 2013, 10:47:36 AM

He knows he is going to throw to the slot guy beforehand.  I would like to think Free can actually make use of the talents around him, but I think he can hamper it just as much as help it.

Until he learns to get three deep in his progressions, which clearly he doesn't know how to do (unless it is during film study), it is sort of moot. 

BucsWin31

Starter

#44 : January 10, 2013, 11:18:45 AM

Stedman Bailey please.

This is where I'm at as well.  I'd like to see the Bucs take him in the 2nd.
By any means, just the type of spark this team needs.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent Options at Slot Wide Receiver for the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools