Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Options for corner. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Ms Elam

Starter

#30 : January 09, 2013, 08:28:50 PM

Wow D milliner at almost 70% I guess a people are high on him after the championship game. I am to. It want just his coverage ability, he constantly twisted and turned his body to get in better position to make a play on the ball. You can't teach that. Well they do teach body position techniques, but most corners panic when the balls in the air and they play the receivers. The good ones are able to time it up and slap the receivers hands. The rest of then get a penalty gave the time, our caught on. Milliners natural ability to play the balland adjust to it in flight.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 09, 2013, 08:29:00 PM

No doubt that we need to get a CB in FA....but if the top 3 CBs go before the Bucs pick at #13, it's hardly a lost draft. There will be plenty of talent available for the Bucs to get an instant contributor and they can get a CB with their second. We are lucky that the position is very deep in this draft. Even though the QB class isn't very deep, there is a lot of DL and OL talent available for other teams to select from. As long as we can get one of the top 8 CBs in this draft, I think we will be fine.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 09, 2013, 08:29:49 PM

I forget who said it, but I like the idea of trading Freeman straight up for Brandon Flowers. Sounds crazy, but if they would do it I would be all over that. With Brandon Flowers and Xavier Rhodes this defense would immediately be top 10.

I don't know what we would do for a QB, but I really think most  average back up QBs could be just as good as Freeman with the Weapons we have on offense.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 09, 2013, 08:33:22 PM

I forget who said it, but I like the idea of trading Freeman straight up for Brandon Flowers. Sounds crazy, but if they would do it I would be all over that. With Brandon Flowers and Xavier Rhodes this defense would immediately be top 10.

I don't know what we would do for a QB, but I really think most  average back up QBs could be just as good as Freeman with the Weapons we have on offense.

Even though it's straight out of madden-land, that would be fantastic.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 09, 2013, 08:50:15 PM

A little Maddenish, but not completely impossible. If the Chiefs feel they are getting the franchise QB they so badly crave, then they might just do it. I mean the Cardinals gave up Rogers-Cromartie like he was garbage PLUS a 2nd round pick to get freakin Kevin Kolb....so stranger things have happened.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 09, 2013, 08:59:21 PM

The best thing about upgrading the corner position this season will be the FACT that it WILL get better.  That is good enough for me.

Sick of seeing EJ Biggers and Myron Lewis, and EZ E as well.  Just a bunch of losers in that backfield.  Sans Ronde,  But I think his excuse will fly.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 09, 2013, 10:02:15 PM

Sounds to me like a major case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

We draft and fa two top corners, I promise to you, the whole team will be light years better. Yes, Including freeman.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 09, 2013, 10:05:37 PM

I see you 2 are still ringing in the New Year.  When you guys sober up your not going to believe you posted that.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 09, 2013, 10:22:35 PM

Miami needs a legit #1. I think they take the first WR off the board and my guess will be Kennan Allen or Terrence Williams.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 09, 2013, 10:38:28 PM

I see you 2 are still ringing in the New Year.  When you guys sober up your not going to believe you posted that.

No longer drinking the Freeman Kool-Aid.

spurzo

Second String

#40 : January 09, 2013, 11:58:47 PM

Thank you Anti-Java.  I guess I'm in the minority but I think Freeman is a good quarterback who will continue to improve.  It'd be really nice to have his whole oline together, because he certainly isn't great when dealing with pressure.

Psych

Starter

#41 : January 10, 2013, 01:38:23 AM

One option? There should he no reason that we shouldn't get 2/4.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 10, 2013, 07:23:04 AM

One option? There should he no reason that we shouldn't get 2/4.

There is plenty of reasons to believe not a single corner will be left on the roster, so you deffinately might be right.

But for the most part, we're just talking about the cream of the FA/draft crop. Most of us are expecting for at least one legit corner, but hoping for two.

Especially since they are there to be had, for once.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucsWin31

Starter

#43 : January 10, 2013, 12:18:34 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that Xavier Rhodes is worth the 13th pick. In fact, we'll be lucky if he is still on the board.
After watching some tape on him, I feel the exact same way. If the Bucs are high on him like I am, you take him at 13. I'd go after Sean Smith as well and then we'll be on our way.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 10, 2013, 12:37:36 PM

Thank you Anti-Java.  I guess I'm in the minority but I think Freeman is a good quarterback who will continue to improve.  It'd be really nice to have his whole oline together, because he certainly isn't great when dealing with pressure.

Theres still a few on this board who are still patient with him. Im still holding out hope he can be a good QB here. I think its possible.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Options for corner. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools