Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Options for corner. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#75 : January 12, 2013, 05:41:10 PM

The longer this conversation goes on, the stronger the field of FA corners appears to me.  I wonder if Dom and S saw this coming when they decided to say buh-bye to Talib?

Doubtful. They knew Grimes way in advance, so maybe him. But others he couldn't have known too much about their future.

I think they were just tired of his crap and said fugit.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 12, 2013, 05:43:03 PM

When it comes to any Cromartie, I simply 

Lol.

Antonio. No.
DRC. Sure.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#77 : January 12, 2013, 05:46:32 PM

I'm hoping for one of the two best corners (banks or milliner) and jammer or Grimes.

Got to get a vet or two in there with barber on the verge of retirement. I hope he stays, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

big_JLB

Starter

#78 : January 12, 2013, 06:16:06 PM

I'm hoping for one of the two best corners (banks or milliner) and jammer or Grimes.

Got to get a vet or two in there with barber on the verge of retirement. I hope he stays, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

I would be more than ok with them signing Jammer and one of Keenan Lewis, Greg Toler, or Cary Williams. Then adding a couple CBs in the draft. Will Davis seems like he's tailor made for a man scheme, it would be unreal if they doubled up and got Rhodes and Davis...oh man that would fix things quickly

HolyBuc

Starter
#79 : January 12, 2013, 06:45:40 PM

A couple of Dolphins beat writers think Sean Smith won't get tagged because he doesn't their defense.  He is much better at man and Miami is playing more zone.  If we could land him That wukd be a huge help very good man corner. 

I watched some video of some corner prospects at this site http://draftbreakdown.com/logan-ryan-vs-uconn-2012  good site for you tube video of players.

I like Rhodes to be a better man corner than Banks and I would imagine Logan Ryan's game is exactly what Schiano wants.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#80 : January 12, 2013, 07:09:55 PM

With Jake long and Randy Starks also UFAs, I'm not sure Sean Smith will be tagged.

Draft Aaron Donald

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#81 : January 12, 2013, 10:09:00 PM

I would be more than ok with them signing Jammer and one of Keenan Lewis, Greg Toler, or Cary Williams. Then adding a couple CBs in the draft. Will Davis seems like he's tailor made for a man scheme, it would be unreal if they doubled up and got Rhodes and Davis...oh man that would fix things quickly

Ya know, I kinda don't like grimes for maybe the same reason ...age? The guy is a Scrapper though and knows the game. If we say jammer, we can't really say age would be a factor right? He's been around awhile to if I'm not mistaken.

Still, I believe we need some age out there. Maybe not at corner, but it clearly needs to be there. It's one of the main reasons people are high on picking up Cro (although my poll says otherwise). Cro is what, 25? Trouble is, he's inconsistant. Grimes is aged. Jammer has some wear on the tires... they all have their faults. That's why I'm leaning more along the lines of what fits best for this team in particular. Grimes and jammer are fairly smart guys back there, and would probably be helpful to any first rounder along side them.

Heck, if they sign jammer and grimes (no draft pick needed. Keeping first), then trade up the draft boards and have a choice of Star, Werner, Mingo, and  Moore, would you complain? I wouldn't

CanadianBuc

Starter
#82 : January 13, 2013, 03:31:02 PM

Out of those four, Milliner.  Grimes is turning 30, is only 5'10", and coming off a major injury.  DRC has given inconsistent effort, especially in tackling.  I'm just not that impressed with Banks physicality. I'd rather have a combination of Sean Smith, Xavier Rhodes, or Logan Ryan.

I think what the best situation for us would be is signing Sean Smith and Derek Cox in FA then in the 1st Round in the draft we can draft a DT (Star Lotulelei if he drops, Sheldon Richardson or Johnathan Hawkins) Then in Rounds 2 and 4 we draft David Amerson and Desmond Trufant and then we would have potential and solid depth in our secondary + we can address our DT need as well.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#83 : January 13, 2013, 04:08:35 PM

Out of those four, Milliner.  Grimes is turning 30, is only 5'10", and coming off a major injury.  DRC has given inconsistent effort, especially in tackling.  I'm just not that impressed with Banks physicality. I'd rather have a combination of Sean Smith, Xavier Rhodes, or Logan Ryan.

I think what the best situation for us would be is signing Sean Smith and Derek Cox in FA then in the 1st Round in the draft we can draft a DT (Star Lotulelei if he drops, Sheldon Richardson or Johnathan Hawkins) Then in Rounds 2 and 4 we draft David Amerson and Desmond Trufant and then we would have potential and solid depth in our secondary + we can address our DT need as well.

Should we be THAT infatuated with obtaining a DT that we pass up on milliner, banks, or Rhodes? Just trying to cover all the angles here.

Since I guess it will be part of the topic, anyone know what dt's are out there avalible? I haven't heard or read much about it.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Options for corner. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools