Boards > The Red Board

Are the Bucs really going to run the same defense next year?

<< < (2/13) > >>

GameTime:
guys, dont forget how stubborn and egomaniacal schiano is.  no way do we change a thing, nor should we want to.  the scheme works, it was proven time and time again at rutgers.

chace1986:

--- Quote from: BucNY on January 09, 2013, 10:04:10 AM ---We did a decent job of shutting down one of the best passing offense in football that has 2 pro bowl level receivers and the best TE to ever play the game. That with a set of corners that will mostly not be active next year. I think the scheme is okay, the corners just have to continue to turn and try to make a play on the ball. Our LBers getting better in coverage over the middle will help a significant amount. We all forget about that but David was excellent in pass defense towards the end of the year.

--- End quote ---

Glad week 17 was such a great consolation prize for you. Guess the previous 15 games can be thrown out as evidence.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the Bucs ran a variation of the Tampa 2 in that ATL game, which is something that they did not run too much of throughout much of the season. Will have to rewatch and verify that.

The Anomaly:
And didn't we play a lot of zone as well.  Basing the success or failure off of one game is ridiculous.  Atl was not into that game at all.

GameTime:

--- Quote from: The Anomaly on January 09, 2013, 10:13:47 AM ---  Atl was not into that game at all.

--- End quote ---

this is one thing we can agree on.  who really thinks ATL wanted to win when they didnt even play matt ryan, tony G, julio, and roddy?

chace1986:

--- Quote from: El Diablo on January 09, 2013, 10:10:19 AM ---I don't count the last game against the Falcons, they were just looking forward to the playoffs.

--- End quote ---

They were absolutely looking ahead. The Bucs were a lot more desperate to get that win, to try and not end the year with a loss. If the Falcons would have had something to play for, they would have most likely won that game.

Bucs homers, though, will have a great big trophy case set up in their heads for that game as one of the great recent Bucs accomplishments.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version