Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grading QB prospects « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 09, 2013, 03:14:10 PM

I really only care in the end about 2 things: decision making and accuracy. You really can't teach either and nothing else matters in terms of athletic measurables if you can't put the ball where you want it and don't know where to throw it to start.

I apologize for derailing the thread, but where was this type of qb grading measurements when Rah drafted Freeman?
Where was there a QB available with decision making and accuracy when Rah drafted Freeman? You can't just pull Peyton Manning out of a hat.
I honestly don't know if this info is right, but looking at the 2009 Free Agents, and I don't remember if guys were truly available, but Scouts.com lists Kurt Warner and Bret Favre as UFA's, both were "seasoned"
You honestly think either of those were options for a team that had just fired its Super Bowl winning coach to promote a defensive backs coach and just gutted virtually every recognizable name from the roster?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 09, 2013, 03:31:14 PM

Options? Yes, I do. They were available so they were options. Do I believe they would have signed here, probably not, but they still had Caddy, Ward, Antonio Bryant, and K2. So there were some recognizable names, possibly perceived weapons on the roster. But I agree with you in the point that Favre and Warner were too smart to consider coming to a team led by unproven Raheem.

But on the flip side, Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks signed here with unproven Greg Schiano.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 09, 2013, 03:36:06 PM

Come on. Kurt Warner had his wagon hitched to the Cards as he was 38 years old and had already been there the previous 4 years and Brett Favre only came out of "retirement" to play for his longtime friend in coaching Darrell Bevell in Minnesota. They weren't real options for the Bucs and even if they were, Warner retired for good after 2009 and Favre's last good year was 2009 with his 2010 season being a disaster. So by 2010 or 2011 at the latest the Bucs would have needed yet another QB with decision making and accuracy. Then what?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 09, 2013, 03:49:36 PM

I really only care in the end about 2 things: decision making and accuracy. You really can't teach either and nothing else matters in terms of athletic measurables if you can't put the ball where you want it and don't know where to throw it to start.

I would take it a few steps further - decision making, accuracy, anticipation, and pocket awareness. I hope that when you mention decision making that it encompasses ones ability to read defenses?

The question is what to look at, so you know a QB makes good decision, is accurate, has pocket awareness and anticiaption etc. This is the RESULT of a successfull QB search. But how to detect this?

You want a fast car? For example one, you are able to win a dragster race with. So you prolly should look at horse power, torque, weight etc. If you want to be fast on a road course, HP is not as important anymore.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 09, 2013, 03:50:45 PM

Feel Real Good, I'm not arguing with you, I agree they weren't real options, I was just saying they were available, so yes, they were options. and even if Favre came here, and had his 2009 season with Tampa instead of MN, and had a bad 2010 year,  we'd be picking in the top ten in 2011, and might have picked gabbert or locker and we'd be here complaining about one of those two now.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 09, 2013, 04:10:40 PM

What if we had 15 more years of Josh Freeman....Blessed or Cursed?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

moose40

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 09, 2013, 04:14:11 PM

What if we had 15 more years of Josh Freeman....Blessed or Cursed?
Based on what I've seen so far from Freeman, cursed.
But having him as the qb over say, kolb,  fitzpatrick, moore, vick, v. young, j, russel, j. campbell or d. mcnugget, I'd say blessed.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grading QB prospects « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools