Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Ronde Retires... « previous next »
Page: 1

red816

Rookie

: January 09, 2013, 05:50:53 PM

Are we safe with Ahmad Black taking over the starting FS position?

He was a solid starter at Florida but it just scares me having 2 very young and inexperienced safeties back there. Especially with how important the safety position seems to be in Schiano's scheme. How did you think Black played when he was in the game this season?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 09, 2013, 05:57:31 PM

I'm not sure if Black is ready to be a full time starter. Tampa will see what he can do in the off-season and they can bring in a vet to challenge him.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 09, 2013, 05:58:59 PM

I'm just fine with Black. Kid out plays his measurables, has a nose for the ball, and has good instIncts. Do I want him covering Mike Walace...no...but I think he can be an above average FS. He makes splash plays, plus with better corners he will look allot better. We have much bigger needs than a back up FS.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 09, 2013, 05:59:28 PM

We have to bring in someone be it through FA or the draft, it's not optional imo.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 09, 2013, 06:16:33 PM

Black played well. I remember the Denver game he made some plays that kept us with a chance (however small). I think between he, Tandy, and Grimm we have some good depth their.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#5 : January 09, 2013, 07:14:59 PM

I'm really hoping we target Glover Quin from the Texans (if he makes it to FA).  He's 6' 210 lb, and will be 27 by next season.  He's converted from being a CB, is good in coverage, and physical in run support.  He's quick enough to line up in the slot, and physical enough to match up with TE.  He completely shut down Jermaine Gresham in coverage last week.  Supposedly he's also a tremendous locker room leader, as well.  We'd probably have to overpay to lure him away from the Texans, but FS generally don't get that big of contracts anyways.  He'd definitely be cheaper than Byrd (who's unlikely to leave Buffalo anyways).
: January 09, 2013, 07:18:31 PM chattertonm3
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Ronde Retires... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools