Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Congrats to the 2013 Major League Baseball Hall of Fame selectees. « previous next »
Page: 1

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : January 09, 2013, 02:15:55 PM »

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 09, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »

They should end the current hall of fame and start over.  It isn't fair to the old players that the new ones are on all kinds of performance enhancers.  Baseball did nothing about it in order to bring back the fans after the cancelled World Series.  Pure greed. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : January 09, 2013, 05:51:05 PM »

NEW YORK (AP) — Steroid-tainted stars Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Sammy Sosa have been denied entry to baseball’s Hall of Fame with voters failing to elect any candidates for only the second time in four decades.

Bonds received just 36.2 percent of the vote, Clemens 37.6 and Sosa 12.5 in totals announced Wednesday by the Hall and the Baseball Writers’ Association of America. They were appearing on the ballot for the first time and have up to 14 more years to make it to Cooperstown.

Craig Biggio, 20th on the career list with 3,060 hits, topped the 37 candidates with 68.2 percent of the 569 ballots, 39 shy of the 75 percent needed. Among other first-year eligibles, Mike Piazza received 57.8 percent and Curt Schilling 38.8

Jack Morris led holdovers with 67.7 percent. He will make his final ballot appearance next year, when Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine are eligible for the first time.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 09, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »

While I really don't have an opinion about theBBWAA voting - their 'plan' to now have a problem with players who took steroids is hugely overshadowed by their decades of silence on the topic. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 09, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »

Maybe build a wing to to the HoF and call it the Hall of Shame - put Bonds, Sosa, McGuire, Clemens, et al in their appropriate place.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #5 : January 10, 2013, 01:27:24 PM »

Baseball has got to be the most boring sport ever. Think about it: 162 games followed by best of seven series, and overall just ridiculously slow games that by watching you feel like you are part of some slow, Chinese torture method.

I cannot believe people actually can follow the baseball season w/o feeling tortured from boredom at some point.

I gave up on that shlt a long time ago. I root for the Rays when I do get around to watching a game or 2 at the Trop. But, I really don't care if they win or lose at those specific games BECAUSE it is just 1 game out of 162.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 10, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »

Tim Raines deserves to go to the hall, IMO. He was one of the best leadoff men of the decade in the 80's. Top 5 all-time in stolen bases, lead the majors in stolen bases for 4 straight seasons. He was fun to watch.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 11, 2013, 03:56:28 PM »

Baseball has got to be the most boring sport ever. Think about it: 162 games followed by best of seven series, and overall just ridiculously slow games that by watching you feel like you are part of some slow, Chinese torture method.

I cannot believe people actually can follow the baseball season w/o feeling tortured from boredom at some point.

I gave up on that shlt a long time ago. I root for the Rays when I do get around to watching a game or 2 at the Trop. But, I really don't care if they win or lose at those specific games BECAUSE it is just 1 game out of 162.

Why bother commenting in a baseball thread if you hate the sport.

By the way, your opinions are..............................................................................WRONG!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Congrats to the 2013 Major League Baseball Hall of Fame selectees. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools