Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barkevious Mingo « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 09, 2013, 06:33:11 PM

It baffles me why there is such high hopes for Dekoda-7th round/1 sack in three years/can't seem to get on the field-Watson.

I gotta believe that there is a reason he isn't a starting player for the Bucs. Low ceiling.

I think the reason is an over paid Quincy Black. Now that he is likely gone, Watson might get his chance. I can't speak for others, but I am still curious about him because he is a natural pass rusher with a knack for getting instant penetration. He doesn't get many opportunities to show it on defense, but it's easy to see on special teams. Dude gets so much lean when coming around the edge, it's sick.

I do however wonder if he has the mentality we need at Sam. He seems kinda soft and is a bit of a clown. Perhaps a little to "finesse". Really need a big nasty out there on the strong side.
: January 09, 2013, 06:35:49 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 09, 2013, 06:37:40 PM

I hope we don't settle for seeing what he can do. Even though the SAM doesn't see the field much in this scheme...I hope we aim higher than Dekoda Watson.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 09, 2013, 07:00:43 PM

If Sam played a bigger role I might feel differently, but since Sam is only on the field maybe a 3rd of the defensive snaps, I don't see value in spending a high draft pick on one, and I don't mind seeing what Watson has to offer. If he can't hack it, Hayward is solid and can be the Sam. Just not that important to me.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 09, 2013, 07:38:26 PM

I need to pull up the scouting report on Aldon smith; I remember reading the same stuff when smith came out
Smith should be considered a far superior prospect because he's bigger (263 lbs at the Combine compared to Mingo's listed weight of 240 lbs) and was a much more prolific pass rusher (18 sacks in 2 years at Mizzou).

He should be considered superior just because he weighs a couple pounds more? I'm sure Mingo will be close to 260 at the combine.

It's funny because I remember a bunch of you guys who didn't like Aldon Smith going into the 2011 draft (not saying you in particular FRG. I don't really remember who, just a lot, including SR poo-pooed him due to sack production).
20 lbs for a defensive end is a big deal. And maybe Mingo will be 260 by the Combine. If so, good for him. Hopefully he'll still be fast.

I definitely liked Smith in last year's draft. I thought SR liked him to. People who poo-poo'ed his sack numbers from 2011 were stupid because he played half that season on a broken leg. The difference between Smith and Mingo is Smith had great numbers the year before. Mingo was only slightly above average in 2011.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barkevious Mingo « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools