Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Laundry list of issues with Coach Schiano... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #30 : January 10, 2013, 11:52:31 PM »

The next issue is with how he treats the players. He is treating these guys like school kids. They are professionals, and they WILL resent the coach for treating them as kids. Ask them off the record and they will tell you.

I'm assuming by this statement that they've told you this??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #31 : January 10, 2013, 11:58:42 PM »

The next issue is with how he treats the players. He is treating these guys like school kids. They are professionals, and they WILL resent the coach for treating them as kids. Ask them off the record and they will tell you.

Good point.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #32 : January 11, 2013, 12:00:12 AM »

i just HATE schiano SO MUCH! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM!

i literally laughed out loud at that  ;D

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #33 : January 11, 2013, 12:56:23 AM »

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #34 : January 11, 2013, 12:58:49 AM »

Cheap **CENSORED**ing bastard.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #35 : January 11, 2013, 10:31:43 AM »

If one of those early ones had worked and we won the game, most other teams would have done the same thing the next time they're down one score and the other team is in V formation.  Guarantee. 
Grimm, you say you state facts when it's opinion and you say you don't hate while you're name-calling.  You even spent the time to build the dumbass collage above.  Obsess much?

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

QaZ

Hall of Famer

« #36 : January 11, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »

Cheap **CENSORED**ing bastard.

This video is from 2012, Schiano was born in 1966. Video does not show his parents and their relationship at that time, so no clue how you can justify calling him a bastard.
But thats all you do, drop some stupid catchphrase, make stupid assumptions, you have no argument other than this team not winning more than 7 games this year while giving up the most passing yards out of 32 teams this year.

How can you say the lockerroom is split up? How can you say he is unable to make adjustments, treating his players like kids?  Ronde had nothing but kind words for him. Raheems way of being best buddies failed big time. McCoy was allowed to talk about line adjustments DURING the game and coaches listen to and followed his advice.

All i see on this video is TWO teams playing football, within the rules. When one of the bucs had jumped early the refs threw a flag. The NFL clearly stated to be OK with his approach, several NFL coaches aswell. DAL was well aware of Schianos will to attack the kneel down.

All this thread shows ...YOU are stubborn, unable to make an argument. You can have your opinion, but if you want to discuss, share opinions, you better not try to tell me the sky is green, when your only argument is that the sky is not really blue anymore, as it was in 2002.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #37 : January 11, 2013, 10:44:09 AM »

Yeah I wish we had a head coach that knew when it was time to give up and didn't demand the very best from his players.

I've seen much less chest bumping, I don't know what it means but it can't be good!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #38 : January 11, 2013, 09:01:49 PM »

i just HATE schiano SO MUCH! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM!
Bump, still LingOL.

DailyRich68

Starter
« #39 : January 11, 2013, 11:45:19 PM »

Doesn't anyone think it's possible Schiano used this season as basically boot camp, putting the pedal down on detail and discipline to weed out bad habits and instill a common foundation in everyone?  And with that done, he eases up next season?  Sticking with the boot camp idea, it's not like Army recruits stay in their boot camp routine for their entire military careers.  So I don't see why Schiano can't do the same with his team.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
« #40 : January 12, 2013, 03:54:22 PM »

For me, the first issue is the defensive scheme. It is clearly not an NFL ready scheme.

So he'll change it.  Big deal.

Landry, Lombardi, Cowher, Coughlin, Ditka, Parcells, Brown, and a ton of others commanded strict regimes.  Schiano's not breaking new ground with his disciplinarian's approach.  Whether it proves fruitful remains to be seen, but it has worked in the past, and it will work -- somewhere -- in the future.

The next red flag was the kneel down plays. It's unethical.

Says you.  He didn't hide the fact that he was bringing the house.  He didn't draw up some exotic delayed blitz with the sole intent of injuring any of the opposing team.  He stacked his line in four point stances, piled the linebackers in behind them, and had them all cheat toward the center of the line.  If you're a lineman for New York, and you don't see what's coming, then you're a retard.

He has zero moral standing on this team because of this abuse of power and therefore will never be regarded as a true leader inside that locker room....IMO. This one was the "game over" signal for me.

The game wasn't over because the Giants decided they didn't want to play anymore.  And it's not like Schiano called the crash blitz when we were down by three scores.  A fumbled snap could've changed the outcome of that game, and I commend the coach for nutting up and making that call.

The next issue is his inability to make timely adjustments. All year he was barking at the players to "do your job" but the scheme sucks. It WON'T work. Imagine going to work everyday and trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. Not only are you frustrated that you can't seem to get any production, but then you have this idiot yell at you to "do your job".

Put Ronde Barber, Brian Kelly, John Lynch, and Dexter Jackson in coverage -- in any defense you'd like -- and they'd've been useless with a lack of pass rush.

Case in point is the ATL game. Mr. Stubborn changed up the defense(probably at the urging of the FO) and Biggers looked like a Pro Bowler. Leanord Johnson looked great. Danny Gorrer looked like a pro. How did this happen? The players were suddenly given a round peg to pound through the hole and they proved they CAN do it with the right scheme.

This is all very unsubstantiated.  Who said Schiano changed the defense, and in what capacity?  And do you really think Biggers, Johnson, and Gorrer -- a seventh-round pick spent, collectively, among the three of them -- can consistently perform with the right scheme?  That seems awfully unrealistic.

The criticism of Josh Freeman in public was also a mistake IMO. Freeman had one bad game, and after the coach's comments it spiraled into 5 straight bad games. "A work in progress" he surely did turn out to be, after it looked like he had turned the corner. This was unnecessary IMO. These issues are better left out of the press. As soon as he declared Freeman a work in progress.....Freeman instantly became that. This is no coincidence.

This is no coincidence?  If you really think Freeman's that fragile, then our starting quarterback has bigger problems than pocket presence and mechanics.

Also, the early criticism of the players after the early losses in which he said he would get the players to do their jobs.........ignoring his own complicity in the matter. He clearly said...THEY(players) need to get better, not....WE need to get better. This was a clear indication that Schiano has divided the locker room between the players and the coaches. It was not US, but rather THEM(the players) that need to improve.

Schiano said many, many times that he had to do a better job as a coach.  I actually can't remember a single instance of him shirking responsibility.

I have been in these kinds of locker rooms and it is hell. Conversly, a team that works together to figure things out produces a great environment, where ideas are bounced around between coaches and players, and guess what? Sometimes the players help the coaches figure it out. Sometimes the players can make the coach look good, but only if the coach is open to such things. Clearly Schiano, with his my way or the highway mentality will never cultivate this kind of cooperation inside his locker rooms. The incident with Hayward and Brian Cox was indicative of the divided locker room syndrome.

You keep assuming there's a best approach to constructing an NFL team.  Because Schiano's working things differently than you'd choose to doesn't make him wrong, or incompetent, or doomed.  There've been 25 Super Bowl-winning coaches, and they've all done it differently.

If he was a proven coach with a proven scheme he could have gotten away with this, but he is not NFL proven. He simply ASSuMEd that the players were the issue without looking inward at his schemes. He simply has no basis to assume that his chemes will work at the NFL level. He has no track record. The NFL requires adaptability, and Coach Schiano, while he didn't prove much this year, certainly proved that he has no ability to adapt, or adjust his schemes. It took 15 games to make defensive adjustments. That is not good enough. He has a rigid belief that his scheme will work if we just practice a little harder, and focus our attention on the details. Just keep pounding that square peg and eventually all of that hard work will pay off.

You're awfully hard on the concept of assumptions, considering your entire platform is built on them.

Fact: Schiano charged the kneeldown.  Assumption: it was unethically inspired.
Fact: Schiano's defense was bad.  Assumption: it was a product of his stubbornness.
Fact: Schiano is strict.  Assumption: it's dividing the locker room.

There's nothing deeper than that.  Not yet.

^^^^That

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #41 : January 13, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »

Now when you say "laundry list," did you perhaps mean 'the same idiotic pissing and moaning all over again'?

I will say I had no idea Freeman was such a delicate little flower. Good thing NFL QBs don't need any sort of mental toughness.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #42 : January 13, 2013, 07:05:36 PM »

Doesn't anyone think it's possible Schiano used this season as basically boot camp, putting the pedal down on detail and discipline to weed out bad habits and instill a common foundation in everyone?  And with that done, he eases up next season?  Sticking with the boot camp idea, it's not like Army recruits stay in their boot camp routine for their entire military careers.  So I don't see why Schiano can't do the same with his team.

All reports on him would indicate that ths is not a temporary "boot camp" situation, but an ongoing philosophy.  In the end he will have to change that if he is to be successful.  Just like college is different from the business world, college ball is different from the pros.  There is a different relationship between teacher/coach and student and boss/employee.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Laundry list of issues with Coach Schiano... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools