Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Video, audio surfaces of Williams-Sherman incident « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : January 10, 2013, 12:00:34 AM »

Video, audio surfaces of Williams-Sherman incident

Posted by Mike Florio on January 9, 2013, 9:15 PM EST

Getty Images

After the Seahawks defeated the Redskins on Sunday, FOX cameras caught an image of Redskins tackle Trent Williams applying an open hand to the face of Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman.

The folks at Q13, the FOX affiliate in Seattle, have more video and audio of the incident (via USA Today), thanks to the fact that Sherman wore a microphone during the game.

Sherman wasn’t talking trash or otherwise agitating in the seconds before the confrontation with Williams, who is looming as Sherman turns from saying “nice work out there” (in non-sarcastic fashion) to Redskins defensive lineman Kedric Gholston, who publicly called Sherman a “cheater” in the days before the game.  Just before the exchange begins between Sherman and Williams, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson breezes by Williams and pats a hand on his chest.

“What you goin’ do, boy?” Sherman asks Williams, who stands and glares at Sherman from behind a helmet and visor.

“I’m gonna punch you in your goddamn face,” Williams says.

“Well then do it then, boy,” Sherman replies.

The strike comes quickly, appearing to be much more violent and potent than the angle captured by FOX.  Immediately after the punch, Redskins linebacker London Fletcerh and quarterback Robert Griffin III surround Sherman, who says, “He punched me in my face! . . .  I didn’t do nothing, he came up to me!”

The video ends with Sherman and Griffin sharing a long hug, and with Sherman telling Griffin that Sherman is proud of the rookie.

Sherman also makes reference to Griffin’s decision to “spurn us,” an apparent reference to Griffin’s decision not to attend Stanford.  And Sherman’s words and demeanor suggest that Sherman believes Griffin did the right thing by not joining a depth chart that already included quarterback Andrew Luck.

In all, the video shows a much different side of Sherman, and it shows that Sherman said or did nothing to provoke the exchange with Williams.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 10, 2013, 12:14:11 AM »

Yes, he looks completely innocent in all of this.  Lol! He seems like the most annoying person on the field and I bet there is a long list of players wanting to punch him in the face. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 10, 2013, 12:32:50 AM »

Yes, he looks completely innocent in all of this.  Lol! He seems like the most annoying person on the field and I bet there is a long list of players wanting to punch him in the face.

LOL

Ya he talks a lot of trash, I love his game though.  If only the Bucs had that Seahawk secondary.........oh man.

He reminds me of Kevin Garnett, big trash talker.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Heisenbuc

Rookie

« #3 : January 10, 2013, 12:43:49 AM »

Yeah, the Bucs don't have anyone like that...

Richard Sherman is the man. He is someone that is willing to talk and psyche people out (important in the WR/DB battles of the NFL) and, more importantly, he usually backs it up.

Say my name...

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 10, 2013, 12:58:41 AM »

Richard Sherman is the man. He is someone that is willing to talk and psyche people out (important in the WR/DB battles of the NFL) and, more importantly, he usually backs it up.
He shouldn't complain the next time he gets punched in the face or takes a cheap shot on the field.  He will have brought it on.  And we already know Sapp doesn't play for the Bucs anymore.

Heisenbuc

Rookie

« #5 : January 10, 2013, 01:09:17 AM »

He shouldn't complain the next time he gets punched in the face or takes a cheap shot on the field.  He will have brought it on.  And we already know Sapp doesn't play for the Bucs anymore.

I guarantee there is one current Buc on D that has a pretty big reputation among players as a trash talker. Not like Sherman, who makes memes about owning Tom Brady, but someone not as public about it.

Say my name...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 10, 2013, 01:11:12 AM »

I guarantee there is one current Buc on D that has a pretty big reputation among players as a trash talker. Not like Sherman, who makes memes about owning Tom Brady, but someone not as public about it.

#20 ?    He talks a lot.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 10, 2013, 01:20:30 AM »

This is craziness!!

Our very own Derrick Brooks talked shlt on the field...did he deserved to be punched in the face or being victimized by a cheap shot?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 10, 2013, 01:37:15 AM »

This is craziness!!

Our very own Derrick Brooks talked shlt on the field...did he deserved to be punched in the face or being victimized by a cheap shot?
Brooks was smart enough to know how and when to trash talk.  This guy clearly does not.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 10, 2013, 01:41:04 AM »

This is craziness!!

Brooks was smart enough to know how and when to trash talk.  This guy clearly does not.

I thought he showed a lot of restraint not going after the guy after the slap, he just throws his hands in the air, as if to say WTF?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 10, 2013, 01:48:31 AM »

He certainly showed restraint.  Sherman had more to lose in that situation.  Do you think Sherman is getting the respect Brooks received by opposing players?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #11 : January 10, 2013, 01:49:03 AM »

This is craziness!!

Based on what?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 10, 2013, 01:55:27 AM »

He certainly showed restraint.  Sherman had more to lose in that situation.  Do you think Sherman is getting the respect Brooks received by opposing players?

One of the best CB's in the game.  I would take him on my team any day.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 10, 2013, 01:55:42 AM »

I like it, nothing wrong with smack talk on the field. Seahawks are a very physical team and people seem to think they play dirty because of that. Its not dirty play at all. That hit Irvin had on RG3 was though.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #14 : January 10, 2013, 01:58:28 AM »

Hope Sherman is all in Roddy/Julio's heads this wknd....dude is a balla!!!!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Video, audio surfaces of Williams-Sherman incident « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools