Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 NFL Draft lacking top end talent at CB « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 10, 2013, 09:09:03 AM

I think the better move is to go D-Line at 13 and then hope to be able to trade back up into the 20s for Rhodes or Ryan, although it will cost a lot more than swapping 4th rounders this time. Either way we need a veteran CB from Free Agency.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#16 : January 10, 2013, 12:05:09 PM

The secondary will look a lot better with some decent pass rush going on in front of them. I don't see the value of taking a CB at 13 when there are better players available, taking a Dlineman at that position to improve the rush is the best option and grabbing a CB in rnd 2 or 3 makes more sense.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 10, 2013, 12:41:04 PM

Trade our 1st to KC for Brandon Flowers and a later pick then draft a CB in R2

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 10, 2013, 12:44:54 PM

BPA at 13. Have a great FA first.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 10, 2013, 01:03:05 PM

Overall, this is a weak draft class from top to bottom.  I say keep trading down to acquire as many 2014 picks as possible.  Defensive rookies, at positions where we need them, generally don't help that much in their rookie season.  Trade down every round and take value picks.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 10, 2013, 01:08:28 PM

BPA in the 1st and trade up for Banks in the second.

I like Banks because he made Tebow cry.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 10, 2013, 01:20:30 PM

Overall, this is a weak draft class from top to bottom.  I say keep trading down to acquire as many 2014 picks as possible.  Defensive rookies, at positions where we need them, generally don't help that much in their rookie season.  Trade down every round and take value picks.

Thats not a bad idea. If the 2014 class is actually that much better, maybe you use FA wisely this offseason to add talent and then Schiano would have himself a better 2014 draft to choose from.

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#22 : January 10, 2013, 01:46:58 PM

I'm still undecided between the options at the top of the draft, but we need to take Blidi Breh-Wilson from UConn. The guy was a bright spot in some very bad years for us at UConn. He's got some good CB size at 6'2" and will be a great value pick in the 3rd.

Say my name...

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 10, 2013, 02:11:17 PM

It's hard to complain about a trade that gave us Mark Barron and Doug Martin but Mo Clayborn was our man last year.

Anyone want to pick up the honey badger?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 10, 2013, 08:27:32 PM

It's hard to complain about a trade that gave us Mark Barron and Doug Martin but Mo Clayborn was our man last year.

Anyone want to pick up the honey badger?

Agree with the first part, but no way does Schiano go the Honey Badger route.  Regardless of talent level.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 NFL Draft lacking top end talent at CB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools