Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xavier Rhodes should be a 2nd round FS pick, not 1st round CB « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 11, 2013, 07:06:03 PM

I like X.

He is seemingly a cure for what ails the Bucs.

But what if the Bucs just draft more offense?  That Eifert kid is a stud prospect, and would seemingly improve the paper thin TE ranks. Provide another big target for the erratic #5.

yeah I like Rhodes, but none of the CBs truly impress me enough to draft them instead of trying to make the offense elite

Eifert isn't Vernon Davis or anything in terms of potential, but he's still the best foreseeable TE prospect we can lay our hands on

With him you won't have to worry about Doug Martin getting stuffed because of poor blocking on the edges. You will also get another good redzone target and safety net for Freeman.

Zach Ertz is a better TE prospect than Eifert. theyre close but Ertz is more physical and a much better blocker. hes a complete TE where Eifert is primarily a receiver at this stage

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 11, 2013, 07:06:22 PM

Joseph Fauria is a solid TE prospect too.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 11, 2013, 07:13:14 PM

I like X.

He is seemingly a cure for what ails the Bucs.

But what if the Bucs just draft more offense?  That Eifert kid is a stud prospect, and would seemingly improve the paper thin TE ranks. Provide another big target for the erratic #5.

yeah I like Rhodes, but none of the CBs truly impress me enough to draft them instead of trying to make the offense elite

Eifert isn't Vernon Davis or anything in terms of potential, but he's still the best foreseeable TE prospect we can lay our hands on

With him you won't have to worry about Doug Martin getting stuffed because of poor blocking on the edges. You will also get another good redzone target and safety net for Freeman.

Zach Ertz is a better TE prospect than Eifert. theyre close but Ertz is more physical and a much better blocker. hes a complete TE where Eifert is primarily a receiver at this stage

EIther would be an upgrade.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 11, 2013, 07:17:36 PM

naturally

spurzo

Second String

#19 : January 11, 2013, 07:48:24 PM

I wouldn't mind Ertz in the second, he's the more complete tight end in terms of blocking but from what I've seen Eifert is quite an impressive receiving threat.  I think Eifert is the first one picked.

tmac87

Starter
#20 : January 11, 2013, 08:24:07 PM

Trade down for Rhodes in the 1st is OK, but too dare at 13. Can't reach based on need! If we can't move back, best player and try again in round 2... Him at FS would be amazing. Probably a better FS than CB anyway.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 11, 2013, 10:19:14 PM

Trade down for Rhodes in the 1st is OK, but too dare at 13. Can't reach based on need! If we can't move back, best player and try again in round 2... Him at FS would be amazing. Probably a better FS than CB anyway.

i agree that we should trade back for rhodes as it stands RIGHT NOW. that doesnt mean he will be a reach after the combine and his pro day. the biggest question draft pundits have on him is his speed. if he proves that he runs a 4.4 or a low 4.5 in the 40 he becomes very much a solid pick at 13. hes already got plenty of tape taking on and shutting down multiple talented receivers. the final question for him is does he have the speed to match up on guys like calvin johnson and larry fitzgerald. if he runs a good 40 time he could very well be the first corner off the board with his size and skillset. 6"2 corners that are physical and hae coverage skills dont grow on trees

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 11, 2013, 10:51:18 PM

If Milliner is not there at #13, you either trade down or take BPA. I can't see this team going into the draft with the current CBs anyways. We will have at least 1 starting caliber one by April (I HOPE).

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 11, 2013, 11:18:48 PM

So we trade back for Rhodes....and then someone else takes him in the top 15 and we are idiots. No thanks.

Milliner and Rhodes are 1a and 1b. As long as we get one we should be happy considering how horrible we are at CB. Trading back and praying he falls is just stupid.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 11, 2013, 11:55:23 PM

i agree that we should trade back for rhodes as it stands RIGHT NOW. that doesnt mean he will be a reach after the combine and his pro day. the biggest question draft pundits have on him is his speed. if he proves that he runs a 4.4 or a low 4.5 in the 40 he becomes very much a solid pick at 13. hes already got plenty of tape taking on and shutting down multiple talented receivers. the final question for him is does he have the speed to match up on guys like calvin johnson and larry fitzgerald. if he runs a good 40 time he could very well be the first corner off the board with his size and skillset. 6"2 corners that are physical and hae coverage skills dont grow on trees
All that is true but he isn't polished. The guy gets away with a lot of hacking and will be one of the most penalized CB in the NFL if doesn't break those habits. I want Milliner and a trade back on Rhodes. Rhodes at 13 is the absolute worst case scenario but its not that big of a reach if he can run a 4.48.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 12, 2013, 08:09:26 AM

Agree with this . It's too early to be saying who is a reach and who isn't.

People are saying Rhodes is a reach , but if that kid runs a 4.4 I bet he doesn't even make it to #13.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 12, 2013, 08:17:06 AM

We restructure Eric Wright and keep him because between FA and the draft, the chances of us finding a new and improved #1 and #2 corner are slim. Wright was decent in the beginning of the year, a Quincy Black type situation where he did the job but was not worth the money. He got hurt and I don't think he ever really recovered. I think we're not left with much of a choice at CB and he is kept around.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 12, 2013, 10:09:09 AM

So we trade back for Rhodes....and then someone else takes him in the top 15 and we are idiots. No thanks.

Milliner and Rhodes are 1a and 1b. As long as we get one we should be happy considering how horrible we are at CB. Trading back and praying he falls is just stupid.

^that^

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

tmac87

Starter
#28 : January 12, 2013, 10:15:38 AM

i agree that we should trade back for rhodes as it stands RIGHT NOW. that doesnt mean he will be a reach after the combine and his pro day...
Very true, lots of time before now and April. For all we know Milliner could punch a cop and drop to the 7th like Dennard..... if only.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xavier Rhodes should be a 2nd round FS pick, not 1st round CB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools