Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stay classy Pittsburgh « previous next »
Page: 1

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: January 10, 2013, 04:19:52 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124526/article/pittsburgh-steelers-waive-chris-rainey-after-arrest

So it's ok for Ben to rape multiple women, but Chris slaps his girlfriend and is immediately cut? Sounds legit.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 10, 2013, 04:31:55 PM

Well you only get as much slack as your talent affords you. Plus Ben has never really been convicted of any of that has it? I don't remember off the top of my head.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 10, 2013, 04:38:33 PM

I'm guessing you want us to sign Rainey eh JD? I knew you'd post something about him

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 10, 2013, 06:15:41 PM

Well you only get as much slack as your talent affords you. Plus Ben has never really been convicted of any of that has it? I don't remember off the top of my head.

Well Rainey wasn't convicted of anything either. He was arrested and charged with slapping his girlfriend....and cut a few hours later.

I just think it's ridiculous. Not that hitting his girl is ok, it certainly isn't...but the double standard is out of this world.

And no, I don't want us to sign Rainey. I wanted Bobby Rainey, not Chris.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 10, 2013, 07:10:34 PM

I'm guessing you want us to sign Rainey eh JD? I knew you'd post something about him

I kind of do too to be honest. As you all should know, Rainey was a beast at Lakeland and Florida. Also, he was a good returner in his rookie season with the Steelers. If it weren't for the behavioral issues the kid would be a perfect fit as our #2 back. But if it weren't for the behavioral issues he wouldn't be on waivers either....

youngone

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 10, 2013, 07:13:01 PM

I'd take him... Dbag human being but he can play some ball.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 10, 2013, 07:22:02 PM

Well Rainey wasn't convicted of anything either. He was arrested and charged with slapping his girlfriend....and cut a few hours later.

I just think it's ridiculous. Not that hitting his girl is ok, it certainly isn't...but the double standard is out of this world.

Status plays a role in all aspects of like, JDub. This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. I'm actually surprised that you're surprised.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 10, 2013, 10:26:07 PM

They jumped the gun on him, league rules say he can't be waived until after the Super Bowl.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 11, 2013, 12:15:37 PM

Seems he had multiple issues this year. Probably not worth the negative publicity, considering he would probably be a bubble player next year.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stay classy Pittsburgh « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools