Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Tebow really wants an NFL career and is smart... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: January 10, 2013, 05:54:13 PM

... he'll forget about posing as an NFL-level QB and work on other football skills. He wouldn't be the first...
     Packer great Paul Hornung, now in the HOF, was drafted #1 as Notre Dame's "Golden Boy" QB and Heisman Trophy winner before Lombardi became HC. He quickly realized Paul was no QB, at least not in the NFL. Hornung developed into one of the NFL's all-time versatile players who could run inside or outside, block, catch, or throw the occasional option pass. Oh, and he was a very solid place kicker too; his 176 points scored in 1960, the NFL's last 12 game season, was the NFL record until 2006. And, he passed for 2 more TD's that season, which didn't count...
     Think about it, Tim; VERSATILITY is everything, and the window is closing... ;)

If he's got the desire, I think he could develop into a a jack-of-all-trades kind of RB on the Bucs. Worth a shot if he becomes available. NOT serious competition for Freeman though...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8833076/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-not-jacksonville-jaguars-plans-new-gm-says

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 10, 2013, 06:05:10 PM

I agree. Good post. We need a TE here. Maybe he can be our new weapon at te. Sell tickets and a new te. Can't beat that.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 10, 2013, 06:16:54 PM

The guy could seriously be a good fullback or TE.

Although, I doubt he wants to create that label for himself, as evident of his jets season (Ryan would have ran him more, or as the hb).

QB's last longer than RB's, and get paid more. Simple economics in the NFL.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 10, 2013, 06:44:56 PM

You lost me at "and is smart". Let the Jaguars have him. The Bucs don't need the distraction.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 10, 2013, 07:02:04 PM

Sparky, Hornung worked the celeb vs football thing out back in the '60's under Lombardi just fine. I think Tebow needs to make that same kinda decision...

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : January 10, 2013, 07:14:21 PM

I thought that was the Jets plan for him to begin with. But hard to say what's going on in that circus

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 10, 2013, 07:37:54 PM

DO
NOT
WANT

he doesnt want to play other positions and hes made that clear. we dont have roster spots to waste on him and he brings an idiotic media circus along. the guy is cancer. a different kind of cancer from what we usually see but cancer nonetheless. instead of being a distraction through his actions and behavior he is a distraction for nothing more than his mere presence.

id be surprised if anyone picked him up for anything other than putting asses in seats

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 10, 2013, 08:30:52 PM

Don't want him here, but he would make a good TE IMO. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#8 : January 10, 2013, 08:44:45 PM

Tebow isn't on the Bucs, but if he was, he would be the starting QB for the Bucs.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 10, 2013, 08:48:26 PM

Tebow isn't on the Bucs, but if he was, he would be the starting QB for the Bucs.

31 GM's disagree.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 10, 2013, 11:11:33 PM

Not Dead Yet - I shake my head that a guy with Tebow's values, cannot be humble enough to see what so many others see.  Maybe it is his supreme faith in his ability as a QB that keeps him from truly dedicating himself to transitioning into the NFL as TE, H-back, FB, etc.  I will be glad when he is gone, and I don't have to see articles every week about a guy who isn't even a legit backup QB.

Psych

Starter

#11 : January 11, 2013, 12:31:11 AM

I think if a team built their offense around Tebow, they could be successful, but since nobody is going to take the risk. I'd love to have Tebow come to Tampa and play FB/TE.

Ticket sales + Amazing football player = win/win

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 11, 2013, 12:41:27 AM

Fail

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 11, 2013, 01:05:19 AM

Sparky, Hornung worked the celeb vs football thing out back in the '60's under Lombardi just fine. I think Tebow needs to make that same kinda decision...

I remember him very well. Back then we had no pro teams in Florida and the league was much smaller. He was suspended for a year for gambling on games. Football was a part time job back then, and Hornung was simply better than the competition. Tebow doesn't have that advantage. He did in college, but not here. These are grown men and they are professionals. Tebow would do well in the Arena League, but he will never be a starter at any position in the NFL. No disrespect. You and I share many opinions, just not this one.

I root for all of the schools in Florida, including Florida when Tebow was there. Tebow uses religion as a marketing tool to draw attention to himself. He's Tammy Faye Baker in a football helmet. I didn't like her and I don't like him. They both cheated people out of a lot of money. He's a lousy player on a lousy team and his future is rapidly dimming in the league. I expect he will soon be selling used cars and running tent revivals in his spare time. His prayer pose doesn't impress me any more than his posing as a professional football player.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 11, 2013, 01:13:04 AM

I think if a team built their offense around Tebow, they could be successful, but since nobody is going to take the risk. I'd love to have Tebow come to Tampa and play FB/TE.

Ticket sales + Amazing football player = win/win

Lose/Lose

Instant QB controversy, the guy is divisive, just look at the Jets.   I believe Dom said awhile back......no, no , hell no.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Tebow really wants an NFL career and is smart... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools