Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Mock Drafts + Prospects « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CanadianBuc

Starter
: January 10, 2013, 08:02:57 PM

I was curious about what some other Bucs fans think of the upcoming draft as well as some players we could target or a full mock draft. You may include players that you have heard about or ones that people are more familiar with. Anyways i'll get it started with a 7 round mock draft.

1: Johnthan Banks CB - Mississippi State (Trade Down with St. Louis Rams #16 for ---> a 2013 2nd Round Pick)
2: David Amerson CB - NC State
2: (Rams) Zac Ertz TE - Stanford
3: Tony Jefferson S - Oklahoma
4: Kahseem Greene LB - Rutgers
4: (Patriots) Jordan Hill DT - Penn State
5: Brian Winters OL - Kent State
6: Nigel Malone CB - Kansas State
7: (Bears) Tarvarres King WR - Georgia

There you have it my first Mock of 2013. Let me know what you think. As I study more tape I will continuously change my mock draft every couple of weeks until the draft.   

Mock Draft 2.0 - January 14, 2013: I will do this mock draft considering the Bucs sign at least 2 CBs in FA (Sean Smith/ Derek Cox)

1. Sheldon Richardson DT: Missouri
2. Xavier Rhodes CB: Florida State
2. Zac Ertz TE: Stanford (Trade Up into 2nd Round using 4th Round Pick)
4. Desmond Trufant CB: Washington
5. Philip Thomas S: Fresno State
6. Brian Winters OT: Kent State
7. Dan Giordano DE: Cincinnati
: January 14, 2013, 08:03:15 PM TBBucs2002

Tampafan8251

Starter
#1 : January 10, 2013, 09:01:44 PM

good mock by Greene will not last to round 4, probably off the board in the 2nd,love the fifth round pick and Ertz is a beast

CanadianBuc

Starter
#2 : January 10, 2013, 09:29:26 PM

good mock by Greene will not last to round 4, probably off the board in the 2nd,love the fifth round pick and Ertz is a beast

Thanks for reading it and commenting and for the nice comment. The only reason I put Greene is because I wanted people to get familiar witht he name and so that they know that they shouldn't be surprised if we draft at least one guy our of Rutgers. The other being Logan Ryan. I think that he will fall to the 3rd/4th round because he has been against easier teams then someone from lets say the SEC and thats why they will draft another guy. But I wouldn't be surprised if he gets drafted in the second round just because of his talent.

HolyBuc

Starter
#3 : January 10, 2013, 10:26:41 PM

I want Dion Jordan...I want a gifted athletic freak for once. 

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#4 : January 10, 2013, 11:01:34 PM

I'm in agreement with Tampafan,

I don't see Greene falling to round four. He'll likely come off the board in round two. I also think that Tavarres King fits best as an outside speed threat as opposed to a slot receiver. Other than that good job on the mock. Welcome to the PewterReport.com message boards!

Follow me on Twitter @EricDellaratta

CanadianBuc

Starter
#5 : January 11, 2013, 07:23:00 AM

I'm in agreement with Tampafan,

I don't see Greene falling to round four. He'll likely come off the board in round two. I also think that Tavarres King fits best as an outside speed threat as opposed to a slot receiver. Other than that good job on the mock. Welcome to the PewterReport.com message boards!

Thanks! I thought that Tavarres King was too small to be outside receiver since he doesn't have great speed. But then again he has been more of a deep threat so it would be an interesting pick. On the other hand I think he is also underrated and should be projected to be drafted in the 4/6 Rounds so if he falls to 7 or goes undrafted then we should take him for sure. On Kahseem Greene I haven't watched enough of the games he played in to know if he would be a tackler type LB or coverage type. Either way I think he's very high on Greg Schiano's draft board.   

CanadianBuc

Starter
#6 : January 11, 2013, 07:24:23 AM

I could also see the Bucs taking Kahseem Greene during Round 3 and then drafting Robert Lester out of Alabama in Round 4.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#7 : January 11, 2013, 11:04:51 AM

I want Dion Jordan...I want a gifted athletic freak for once.

Dion Jordan has a lot of potential but normally players who are more athletic are more made for the NCAA. There are very few players that are very good athletically for a position like DT turn into great players. He might be a good pick but all I'm saying is that a lot of players like Dion Jordan end up being busts.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#8 : January 11, 2013, 03:25:51 PM

Does anyone else have a mock or opinion...

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 11, 2013, 03:48:51 PM

I don't think there is any way we get a 2nd to move down to 13 look at what we got last year and we were in the top 10!! I'll post my mock give me a minute or 2.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

CanadianBuc

Starter
#10 : January 11, 2013, 03:54:04 PM

I know it is a little out of reach but I would think that since the Rams have so many picks from the Skins it would be a small price to pay for them to get a player who is a little bit better. (I think they would go after someone like Dion Jordan or even Johnathan Hankins. The Rams would probably be the most willing to trade up considering their needs are very fixable with the amount of picks they already have. Also last year the Bucs didn't need anything higher then a 4th to move up and snag Lavonte David but if they want to draft a TE early in the draft like people have been saying then they will need another 2nd or 3rd round pick to make that happen AND get the other defensive players they need.
: January 11, 2013, 03:56:15 PM TBBucs2002

CanadianBuc

Starter
#11 : January 11, 2013, 04:44:55 PM

The Bucs will be able to get Johnthan Banks probably from anywhere in the top 20-25 so we would be able to trade down without an issue if in fact Johnthan Banks is who the Bucs are targeting

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 11, 2013, 06:22:04 PM

Here's my attempt at a mock!

Trade down from 13 to 22 with STL for a future 3rd and 5th!

1) CB David Amerson NC ST
2) OT DJ Fluker BAMA
3) TE Travis Kelce Cincy
4) DE Brandon Jenkins FSU
4) CB Travis Howard OSU
5) RB Rex Burkhead NEB
6) WR Chad Bumphis Miss ST
7) OLB/DE Nathan Williams OSU

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

CanadianBuc

Starter
#13 : January 11, 2013, 06:26:06 PM

Nice Mock but I'm pretty sure we can get David Amerson with our second round pick and I don't think Marc Dominik would trade down for 2014 picks but good job.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 11, 2013, 06:43:49 PM

Dom loves future picks I could see him going for that deal. I'm calling this now with a good workout Amerson is going  to shoot back up draft boards.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Mock Drafts + Prospects « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools