Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Mock Drafts + Prospects « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #15 : January 11, 2013, 06:52:24 PM »

True it is likely Amerson shoots up boards but i don't think that Mark takes a 3rd and 5th to trade down 9 spots

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 11, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »

There is NO WAY Stl will give up a 2nd round pick to move up that number of slots IMO.  However, if Dom can get that, he should take it.

Some pretty good players on those two mocks.

.....just my opinion

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #17 : January 11, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »

There is NO WAY Stl will give up a 2nd round pick to move up that number of slots IMO.  However, if Dom can get that, he should take it.

Some pretty good players on those two mocks.

I am only predicting what STL would possibly give us by what happened last year. (Last Year the Rams traded back twice and accumulated a first in each of the next 2 years as well as last year + 2 second round picks last year - one from skins and one from the Cowboys) I'm not saying our haul will be that big but we could potentially trade down at least twice and still draft Johnthan as well as accumulate some seconds, thirds and future picks.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 11, 2013, 09:26:01 PM »

One player I really like is FSU's Lonnie Pryor, 6'0 , 230lb, 4.55 40...."fullback".   I'd pull a "Shanahan"  and make him a RB.  Will not be drafted very high...which is good for the team that gets him, imo....if they utilize his talents.

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #19 : January 11, 2013, 09:28:25 PM »

With that would you release Blount and make him a #2 RB or you have a different idea

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #20 : January 11, 2013, 09:41:42 PM »

With that would you release Blount and make him a #2 RB or you have a different idea

Well, I know I shouldn't assume, but I am assuming Blount is not in the plans to carry the ball.  At the same time I can't fathom Coach Schiano satisfied with being 18th in rushing attempts.  Since he didn't run any more with Blount, then I'm assuming he wants another RB.  Maybe Martin 20 carries, RB#2 10 carries, and Michael Smith 5 carries all per game.  We'll find out.

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #21 : January 12, 2013, 08:06:18 AM »

I don't think Greg Schiano will split the carries in that way because I just don't see 15 carries a game by another 2 backs which would mean 35 carries a game and that could be a little much but your on the right tack for sure.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 12, 2013, 09:54:16 AM »

35 team carries a game is roughly the annual league best.  This year it was Seattle at 33.5.    The Bucs ran it a moderate 26 times a game.   I'm going by what Coach Schiano stated from the get-go a year ago..."Run the ball, impose our will, take our shots down the field".   I have to assume there was some unspecified reason why Josh was allowed to continuously throw the ball (too many short/intermediate routes)  when the scoreboard called for a running attack.  I'm going with the theory of needing another running back who has the faith of the coaches.

I could be wrong.  Coach might like to pass it more than I believed.  We will definitely know the answer this year.  By the way, 2002...welcome to the Insider Board...good job on the thread topics.

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #23 : January 12, 2013, 10:02:41 AM »

Thanks, I understand they will take their shots downfield and run a lot but I don't see the Bucs running that much I see Doug Marting getting at least 3/4 of the carries and then Michael Smith with the other ones. But if Michael Smith is focusing on returning kicks I don't think they give him very many carries. I think we either keep blount for a year or draft someone like Knile Davis from Arkansas in the 6th Round.

Josh Freeman is probably going to pass short routes a lot more as he will be working on his accuracy for the most part of the training camp and preseason. I am planning to go to a few open practices and i'll let you guys know on what players are doing that might surprise you.

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #24 : January 13, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »

I don't think we will surprise many people like we did last year with Barron during the first 4 rounds but after that you really can't predict who they will be drafting especially this early but you can predict which positions.

Tampafan8251

Starter
« #25 : January 13, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »

it all matters what we do in FA, if we grab a stud CB and another one for depth I can see us grabbing a pass rusher or trading down and getting that Tight end we want if we don't sign one such as Cook or Bennett. Corners are 3 rounds deep and if we sig someone like Shaun Smith, taking a corner like Logan Ryan or Poyer in round 2 would be a good start to the draft.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #26 : January 14, 2013, 12:39:59 PM »

If they sign a Sean Smith, Keenan Lewis, Brent Lewis or the like, I would have no problem with a 2nd round CB as I believe the ones that will be available in the 2nd round will be only slightly less quality than the best one in the first round.  The only exception would be if Schiano thinks Milliner, with his excellent play against the run is a "must have".  I actually think that is all the Bucs need to do; one quality starter in FA and a premium pick in the draft.  I believe the depth we need is already on the roster in LJ, Biggers, Gaitor and Gorrer.  IMO, those guys would be pretty good depth as long as they don't HAVE to be starters.

.....just my opinion

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #27 : January 14, 2013, 03:03:54 PM »

We need some decent CBs + the ones we get in the draft I would say 1 in FA then 2 in the top 3 Rounds in the draft.

kylel6901

Second String

« #28 : January 14, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »

I just saw a special where Todd McShay was giving his player comparisons on top QB's coming out in this years draft. Man does it sound and look like this could be the leagues worst draft for QB in the past 10 years! Wow not one of those comparisons would I want really with the value of the pick to give up. although there were some really good comparions I saw Miliner=carlos rogers, Banks=Cary Williams were interesting...

Geno Smith=Christian Ponder/Aaron Brooks mixture
Mike Glennon= Derek Anderson
Matt Barkley= Mark Sanchez
Ryan Nassib- Matt Flynn
EJ Manuel= Jason Campbell
Zac Dysert= Byron Leftwich
Tyler Wilson= Ryan Fitzpatrick
Landry Jones= Matt Cassel

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #29 : January 14, 2013, 04:37:56 PM »

Guess its really not a very good QB class... Thats bad..... but I guess the odds are at least one of these QBs becomes a decent starter but thats the best possible scenario. I guess these guys would be fine for a backup but thats about it the best comparison I think is EJ Manuel Jason Campbell is an ok starting QB and would be a very good backup.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Mock Drafts + Prospects « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools