Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Vick:...... Where This Bird Will Likely Land « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 11, 2013, 12:04:34 AM

Michael Vick: Where This Bird Will Likely Land

By Brandon Houser

January 10, 2013 3:39 pm

Ever since quarterback Michael Vick has stepped on the football field at Virginia Tech; he has always drawn the attention of football fans for his up and down play. Their is no question Vick has a unique style of playing the game which a lot of the younger players are adapting with their own styles.

Even though Vick has seen many highs and lows throughout his career he has always overcome the controversy and moved on with his goal of chasing the elusive title of being known as a championship-winning quarterback.

Coming off his worst season as a quarterback, chances are Vick can be on the move. With the coaching vacancy in the air for the Eagles, there is still a slim chance that under the right coach he could stay in Philadelphia. If not here are five teams in need of a quarterback with the tools that Vick has.

No.1: Minnesota Vikings (10-7)

The Vikings are clearly in need of a quarterback after getting knocked out of the playoffs 24-10 by the Green Bay Packers in the Wild Card round.

The Vikings were 31st in the league in passing. Even though Vick is not known for his arm; his style of play could be enough to make wide receiver Percy Harvin happy.

No. 2: Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14)

After finishing the season 2-14; it is clear that Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne do not have what it takes to run the Jaguars' offense.

With wide receiver Justin Blackmon and running back Maurice Jones-Drew, it's clear adding Vick would give the Jaguars an offense that can win and sell tickets.

No. 3: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)

The Buccaneers finished the season a disappointing 7-9. Out of their nine losses six of them were decided by a touchdown or less.

It's clear that after four seasons Josh Freeman does not have what it takes to get the Buccaneers to the playoffs.

In his four seasons in Tampa Bay Freeman has completed 58.8 percent of his passes for 12,963 yards 78 touchdowns 63 interceptions and 24 fumbles.

He also ran for 902 yards, four touchdowns and 11 fumbles.

No. 4: Oakland Raiders (4-12)

The Raiders can't seem to catch a break when it comes to finding the right quarterback to run their high-powered offense.

The Raiders have wasted No. 1 draft picks year after year from actually drafting JaMarcus Russell, to giving them up for Carson Palmer.

Palmer is not the answer in Oakland and Vick adds depth to the run game to take some of the heat off running back Darren McFadden.

No. 5: Kansas City Chiefs (2-14)

Yes I know the Chiefs hired Andy Reid as their head coach, but was there really a problem in Philadelphia between coach and quarterback?

Both are in desperate needs of fresh starts.

The Chiefs hold the top pick in the 2013 Draft and adding Vick would give them a chance to build their team with a Draft short of talent at the quarterback position.

http://www.footballnation.com/

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 11, 2013, 12:24:21 AM

Hoser is more like it. This guy is a moron. Vick can't stay healthy and he sucks. There's no team in the league that needs him. Schiano values character, and Vick doesn't have any. It's hard to believe Hoser gets paid for garbage like this.

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#2 : January 11, 2013, 12:53:42 AM

Vick is not going to the Bucs. Not when there are so many places without real starting QBs. The article doesn't even mention my prediction for where Vick will go, Arizona.

Say my name...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 11, 2013, 12:59:56 AM

Vick is not going to the Bucs. Not when there are so many places without real starting QBs. The article doesn't even mention my prediction for where Vick will go, Arizona.

Possibly.  Also,  Big Andy might bring him onboard in KC.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 11, 2013, 01:10:14 AM

I think Big Andy has learned he can't depend on Mike Vick. Mike Vick got him fired.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 11, 2013, 01:14:35 AM

I think Big Andy has learned he can't depend on Mike Vick. Mike Vick got him fired.

I hear ya, but wasn't Vick "his guy"  ?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 11, 2013, 01:31:54 AM

In the beginning, but after a while it was just coach speak.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 11, 2013, 01:37:23 AM

I will take your word for it, you live in that area don't you?    Big Andy, will have to find someone though, we will have to see if he drafts someone early, or picks up a free agent QB.   I can't see him rolling into the new season with Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn at the helm.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 11, 2013, 07:20:48 AM

Surprised that the NYJ-circus isn't on this list.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 11, 2013, 09:04:48 AM

It's clear that Freeman doesn't have it but not clear that  Vick doesn't have it?

I would take Tebow before I take Vick and I Tebow will be unemployed next season.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 11, 2013, 09:11:42 AM

Vick is awful. Just awful. And now his legs are fading, and he was never a smart pocket QB.

If you want this dud on your team, you are stupid.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 11, 2013, 09:23:00 AM

Vick is awful. Just awful. And now his legs are fading, and he was never a smart pocket QB.

If you want this dud on your team, you are stupid.

Sadly, somehow I could see Leslie Frazier bringing him to Mn, after seeing Joe Webb sputter, and the jury is still out on Ponder. They are the organization that thought Daunte Culpepper was something, brought in Favre and McNugget. So nothing would surprise me there.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 11, 2013, 10:23:06 AM

I will take your word for it, you live in that area don't you?    Big Andy, will have to find someone though, we will have to see if he drafts someone early, or picks up a free agent QB.   I can't see him rolling into the new season with Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn at the helm.

The fleagles do their camp at Leheigh U. That's about 10 minutes from my house. Reid had a tough year, starting with the death of his son up here. Understandably, he lost focus. There were just too many things going wrong all at once. Getting fired was actually a good thing for him IMO. He needed a fresh start and new problems to solve. I believe Vick has a better chance to remain a fleagle with Reid out of the picture, but both teams need new QBs. I could see KC working a trade for Alex Smith. The #1 overall pick would be mighty tempting for the 'Niners. There's no QB in the draft worth the first pick. KC has plenty of needs. Maybe they address QB in the second round where the value is there. Local speculation is that Lovie Smith is too much like Big Andy to be a good fit here. They want someone who is more demonstrative and excitable. I wish Andy Reid the best, and I hope Vick stays here long enough to get the next HC fired.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 11, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

I hear Vick will be playing for the California dogbeaters...

Seriously, though, I would absolutely love it if he went to the browns.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 11, 2013, 12:47:45 PM

I hear Vick will be playing for the California dogbeaters...

Seriously, though, I would absolutely love it if he went to the browns.

LOL. That would be something to see him taking pictures with some of the fans that sport the dog masks.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Vick:...... Where This Bird Will Likely Land « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools