Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Off-Seaon Predictions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CanadianBuc

Starter
: January 11, 2013, 11:39:43 AM

This off-season could potentially be the one that launches us from improving team to contender all we need is to have a successful free agency and draft and we are good to go. But the question is what are we going to do this off-season that will turn us into contenders.

In FA do we go after CB's like Brent Grimes or DRC, OT's like Geoff Schwartz and Will Beatty or a TE like Martellus Bennett. But Free Agents help but the thing that would put us over the top is the draft. Young talent to keep for the next 10 years and play their positions the best they can.

The Bucs have to figure out which players to draft and we have no say at all in that but what I am asking is for you guys to give me some of your predictions and why you think a certain player is great, good, overrated or underrated. It's things like these that the fans love seeing other peoples opinions so why not give them out. Yesterday I released my first 7 Round Mock Draft of the year (if you want to read it it is called "2013 Mock Drafts + Prospects") and would love to see what some other Buc fans think about it. I would also like to see other people's opinions on FA, Draft, Coaching Staff, Grades for different players and even very early 2013 Regular Season Predictions.

Don't be worried about getting your opinion turned down it is your own opinion and other fans will respect but they also have the right to disagree with it because it is their opinion.
I hope everyone starts posting different predictions as soon as they can and I am excited to see all of them.

Free Agency Predictions 2.0
Jairus Byrd FS: 5 YR/ 32 Million
Danny Amendola WR: 4 YR/ 22 Million
Chris Houston CB: 5 YR/ 28 Million
Sean Smith CB: 5 YR/ 28 Million
Will Beatty RT: 4 YR/ 15 Million
Leodis Mccelvin KR: 3 YR/ 8 Million

This would fill our needs at FS, Slot WR, CB, RT and KR that would let us draft a DT in R1 a CB in R2 and after that we can do whatever we want.
: January 15, 2013, 11:24:16 AM TBBucs2002

CanadianBuc

Starter
#1 : January 11, 2013, 12:13:46 PM

I guess as the creator of this article I'm going to have to go 1st so I'll start off by giving you my FA predictions for 2013:

1. Resign Michael Bennett: 5 YR/ 22 Million
2. Sign Martellus Bennett TE: 4 YR/ 17 Million
3. Sign Sean Smith CB: 5 YR/ 24 Million
4. Sign Will Beatty OT: 4 YR/ 14 Million
5. Sign Danny Amendola WR: 5 YR/ 35 Million
6. Resign Roy Miller: 4 YR/ 11 Million
7. Sign Cliff Avril: 5 YR/ 22 Million
8. Sign Derek Cox CB: 5 YR/ 18 Million

I went through the numbers and pending the cuts the Bucs should have enough Cap Space to do all 8 of these moves.

crazybucfan67

Rookie
#2 : January 11, 2013, 01:02:19 PM

Good post! That would really be a nice FA present, how does the salary cap look in the next few years if that scenario works out? I guess that haul would allow us to go a multitude of ways in the draft, maybe a young Qb and some more pass rushers. Thanks for bringing this up! Go Bucs!

CanadianBuc

Starter
#3 : January 11, 2013, 01:11:02 PM

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it! But anyways I've looked into that for you and if there would be no cuts we would have around 20 Mill to spend including the rookie signings but if we cut some dead weight and there are not too many incentives then we could have a number as high as 25 Mill but don't get too excited because Josh Freeman is in a contract year and would probably bring us down to somewhere near 10-15 Mill to spend in next years free agency class. But if we draft well this year and pick up some quality free agents then that should leave us with more then enough money to sign the Free Agents we need to fill some minor holes in the Defence and/or Offence.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#4 : January 11, 2013, 03:24:53 PM

Come on guys! Any real fan of the Bucs would have found players they want drafted or taken in FA. I want to see some predictions!

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 11, 2013, 03:43:01 PM

I guess as the creator of this article I'm going to have to go 1st so I'll start off by giving you my FA predictions for 2013:

1. Resign Michael Bennett: 5 YR/ 22 Million
2. Sign Martellus Bennett TE: 4 YR/ 17 Million
3. Sign Sean Smith CB: 5 YR/ 24 Million
4. Sign Will Beatty OT: 4 YR/ 14 Million
5. Sign Danny Amendola WR: 5 YR/ 35 Million
6. Resign Roy Miller: 4 YR/ 11 Million
7. Sign Cliff Avril: 5 YR/ 22 Million
8. Sign Derek Cox CB: 5 YR/ 18 Million

I went through the numbers and pending the cuts the Bucs should have enough Cap Space to do all 8 of these moves.

1st off SR cautioned that we should not expect another spending spree like last year. So I see 1 good signing and about 4 or 5 mid tier signings. I think some of the numbers you have there for those players are little to "Buc friendly"(Bennett,Avril and Smith are gonna cost a little more). We are 5th in cap space right now with a chance to slide into like 3rd with a few moves (Wright and QB cut)! Anyway here is my crack at the bucs FA for 2013.

1) Michael Bennett resigns at 5 years 30 mil with 13 GT'ed
2) Keenan Lewis signs at 4 years 15mil with 6.5 GT'ed
3) Dustin Keller signs at 5 years 20 mil with 10 GT'ed
4) Roy Miller resigns 4 years 8 mil 4 GT'ed
5) Lydon Murtha signs at 2 years 4.5 mil 2 GT'ed
6) Domenik Hixon signs at 3 years 4 mil 1.5 GT'ed
7) Louis Delmas signs at 3 years 10 mil 5.5 GT'ed

This would account for about 22 mil of the 38 mil(we could have if Wright is cut with QB), add another 6 mil to sign your draft class and your at 28 mil spent. I think the team will look
to keep about 8-10 mil free to rollover towards the 2014 cap.

I also think they bring back Biggers for whatever reason the FO are fans of his, not to mention he could help get Delmas in Tampa I think Biggers was adopted by Delmas's family or vice versa. This is my 0.2 on what I would like to see happen or something close to it.

: January 11, 2013, 03:44:56 PM 1Va bucsfan

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

CanadianBuc

Starter
#6 : January 11, 2013, 03:47:17 PM

Nicely Done! just curious who is Lydon Murtha I have never heard that name before?

CanadianBuc

Starter
#7 : January 11, 2013, 03:48:55 PM

I also think that instead of going after Louis Delmas they would rather get a younger CB or S. But he would be a cheaper option then a younger player like Sean Smith or Derek Cox so that could very well happen.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 11, 2013, 03:52:48 PM

Murtha is a tackle for the Dolphins he was penciled in as a starter but got hurt and couldn't regain the spot. Its crazy but I didn't know Delmas was only 25 still has time to get better. I believe we'll sign a mid tier CB and double dip in the draft!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

CanadianBuc

Starter
#9 : January 11, 2013, 03:59:23 PM

Oh I didn't realize that he was only 25 I thought he was around 30 years old. I guess if Murtha was going to start for the Dolphins he would have been an upgrade for us over true so I guess that is a possibility but i'm gonna have to look into his tape before he went down.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 11, 2013, 06:51:02 PM

Come on guys! Any real fan of the Bucs would have found players they want drafted or taken in FA. I want to see some predictions!

Since we're offering opinions, there is no way i'd sign a fragile Amendola to that type of money. Mike Will, on the other hand, needs to be taken care of.
I do think we re-sign Bennett and would love to see us snag Grimes from our division rival. Speaking of division rival, Chris Ivory would be on my radar as well. Prior to injury, Heath Miller intrigued me. Now, not so much.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

buccaneerNW

Pro Bowler
#11 : January 11, 2013, 07:47:51 PM

Just curious... How are you predicting the duration and size of the contract? Isn't that a little crazy? I don't even understand how that is even a worthwhile discussion unless you know all the details of managing a salary cap.

I wouldn't pay Danny Amendola an average of 7 million a year until he can stay healthy for more than 1 game at a time. We have enough players occupying IR or a dead roster spot. Also, there is no way they're going to sign 8 guys unless 5 of them are bottom-tier edge-of-the-roster guys.

- Dont bee kritisyzun gramer end punktushun on dis baored becuz its for talkn uhbowtt the Bukx.

Ghost in the Ruins

Pro Bowler
#12 : January 11, 2013, 09:44:04 PM

I personally would like Martellus Bennett or Dustin Keller, we need a younger TE and I don't think Clark will come back.  I'm not opposed to Jordan Reed in the draft, he has a lot of Hernandez in his game.

DRC and/or Grimes which would alleviate the need for a rookie CB to be forced in too fast and opens up our options in round 1.

Finally, two players that I would like to see the team target (assuming they become available) are  Dorsey and Harvin.  I know there will be a lot of people that think there is no way that Harvin leaves MN, but I've read that they may potentially let him go because of friction between him and the coaching staff.  That may never happen, but if such a scenario played out, he would be a dynamic play maker and just might like to come back to FL.

Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul. Gen Douglas MacArthur

CanadianBuc

Starter
#13 : January 11, 2013, 10:03:57 PM

I personally would like Martellus Bennett or Dustin Keller, we need a younger TE and I don't think Clark will come back.  I'm not opposed to Jordan Reed in the draft, he has a lot of Hernandez in his game.

DRC and/or Grimes which would alleviate the need for a rookie CB to be forced in too fast and opens up our options in round 1.

Finally, two players that I would like to see the team target (assuming they become available) are  Dorsey and Harvin.  I know there will be a lot of people that think there is no way that Harvin leaves MN, but I've read that they may potentially let him go because of friction between him and the coaching staff.  That may never happen, but if such a scenario played out, he would be a dynamic play maker and just might like to come back to FL.

I agree with that but even if we sign both DRC and Grimes we would still draft either a CB in R2 or 3 someone like Logan Ryan - Rutgers or Desmond Trufant - Washington. Even if we land both players I don't think that fills our needs completely.

Ghost in the Ruins

Pro Bowler
#14 : January 11, 2013, 10:17:38 PM

Agreed. but it would allow us to select a CB in 2 or 3 instead of having to go CB in rd 1.

Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul. Gen Douglas MacArthur
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Off-Seaon Predictions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools