Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Off-Seaon Predictions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CanadianBuc

Starter
#15 : January 12, 2013, 08:07:32 AM

and then what would you think we do in round 1 and who do you have in mind.

Ghost in the Ruins

Pro Bowler
#16 : January 12, 2013, 10:30:26 PM

I'd like to see someone like Jones or Werner fall, but I think that is more wishful thinking than anything.

Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul. Gen Douglas MacArthur

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#17 : January 12, 2013, 10:53:38 PM

Harvin and Keller and Freeman would be set.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 12, 2013, 11:37:28 PM

i think those numbers are a lot lower than what these guys will get on the FA market.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#19 : January 12, 2013, 11:44:18 PM

Re-sign UFAs-
Barber (FS)
Bennett (DE)
Dotson (OT)
Miller (DT)
Economos (LS)

FA-
DRC or Grimes (CB)
Keller or Bennett (TE)
Long or Baker (OT)
Harvin or Henderson (WR)
Choice or Stephens Howling (RB #2)

Draft-
1 Manti Te'o (ILB)
2 Xavier Rhodes (CB)
3 Ryan Logan (CB)
4a Kyle Long (OT)
4b Baccari Rambo (S)
5 EJ Manuel (QB)
6 Akeem Spence (DT)
7 best available

Position move-
MLB Mason Foster to OLB

: January 13, 2013, 02:23:48 PM TampaBucks05

Tampafan8251

Starter
#20 : January 13, 2013, 01:44:58 PM

Te'o will not be a Buc, Foster is fine and finished the year strong and LB is not a need we need with the first pick and idk if you watched the BCS Bowl game but he got destroyed against Nfl talent, love the guys heart and he will probably be a good player but i'd rather stay away from him

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#21 : January 13, 2013, 01:54:24 PM

Wel, it has been speculated that Quincy Black has played his last down of football. Couple that with the fact that Mason foster's natural position is OLB and I think the Manti T'e'o pick makes sense at the #13 spot. Sure he didn't have the greatest showing in the Notre Dame bowl game, but players have bad games. If you look at his body of work as a whole, T'eo is a fine player and a physical specimen. He brings his lunch pail to work everyday and likes to hit people. In other words, he fits the mold of a Buccaneer man.

: January 13, 2013, 01:56:53 PM TampaBucks05

CanadianBuc

Starter
#22 : January 13, 2013, 01:56:14 PM

I agree with Tampafan I don't think Te'o will be a Buc but all of your other picks have a shot. Depending on FA I think we draft: 2 CBs, DT, TE, DE, S, WR, LB

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#23 : January 13, 2013, 02:23:58 PM

Although I believe we SHOULD draft Te'o, I will entertain you thoughts Tampafan. Lets say we pass on Te'o......

Re-sign UFAs-
Barber (FS)
Bennett (DE)
Dotson (OT)
Miller (DT)
Economos (LS)

FA-
DRC or Grimes (CB)
Keller or Bennett (TE)
Long or Baker (OT)
Harvin or Henderson (WR)
Choice or Stephens Howling (RB #2)
Rey Malaluga (ILB) or Justin Durant (OLB)

Draft-
1 Johnthan Banks (CB)
2 Eric Reid (S)
3 Ryan Logan (CB)
4a Kyle Long (OT)
4b Tyler Bray (QB)
5 Alvin Bailey (OG)
6 Akeem Spence (DT)
7 best available

Position move-
MLB Mason Foster to OLB (if Rey Malaluga (ILB) is aquired through FA).
: January 13, 2013, 02:25:42 PM TampaBucks05

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 13, 2013, 09:13:16 PM

Marcellus Bennett is a BEAST.  Love him to come here.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 14, 2013, 12:47:06 PM

I would really be surprised if they Bucs bring in two starting quality CBs AND draft even one.  I suspect they believe their currently rostered CBs are solid for depth purposes.  In fact, LJ just may develop into a quality starter himself.  As I said, my expectation is that they will sign one quality starting QB, then use ONE premium pick on a CB.  They certainly may take another CB late in the draft but, again, I suspect they won't "bring in" two in FA AND draft one unless it is late.

.....just my opinion

Garv

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 14, 2013, 01:59:59 PM

I would really be surprised if they Bucs bring in two starting quality CBs AND draft even one.  I suspect they believe their currently rostered CBs are solid for depth purposes.  In fact, LJ just may develop into a quality starter himself.  As I said, my expectation is that they will sign one quality starting QB, then use ONE premium pick on a CB.  They certainly may take another CB late in the draft but, again, I suspect they won't "bring in" two in FA AND draft one unless it is late.

That's the question, isn't it? If the right CB or TE is available in FA I think the Bucs will make a move. Then draft accordingly. I also believe they'll pick up another QB with starting experience in FA without having to pay too much ala Matt Moore.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

CanadianBuc

Starter
#27 : January 14, 2013, 03:10:24 PM

It doesn't matter where it just matters who... if we can get 3 solid CBs this off-season I would call it a success. 1 in FA and 2 in the draft.

CBs I Have in Mind are:

Round 1:
Dee Milliner (early)
Johntahn Banks (mid)
Xavier Rhodes (late)

Round 2:
Jordan Poyer (early)
David Amerson (mid)
Logan Ryan (late)

Round 3:
Desmond Trufant (early)
Brandon Roby (mid)
Kyle Fuller (late)

Round 4:
Leon Mcfadden (early)
Carrington Byndom (mid)
Terry Hawthorne (late)

FA:
DRC (pretty expensive)
Sean Smith (pretty cheap)
Derek Cox (cheap)

spurzo

Second String

#28 : January 15, 2013, 03:37:45 AM

FA's - I don't think we actually sign all these players but one of each position might be realistic.  Left to right = best to still tolerable   

DT - Henry Melton, Randy Starks or Glenn Dorsey... 
DE - Michael Johnson, Cliff Avril or Israel Idonije
OLB - Phillip Wheeler or Daryl Smith
CB - Brent Grimes, Sean Smith, Quentin Jammer...DRC is a good cover corner but he's a terrible tackler
S - Jairus Byrd (would make a huge impact but probably will get a long term contract), Will Moore (screw the falcons)
OT - Sebastian Vollmer, Brandon Alberts or Jermon Bushrod (screw the saints)

Would love to see us get Randy Starks, Michael Johnson and Brent Grimes

I agree with all the resignings but we NEED to resign Michael Bennett
Draft
1)  BPA on D - Richardson, Mingo or Milliner
2) CB - Rhodes or Logan Ryan
3) TE - Fauria
4) RB - Montee Ball or Mike Gillislee
5) Ot - Menelik Watson

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#29 : January 15, 2013, 07:35:19 AM

Sean Smith is reportedly looking for 6 yrs 43 million with 20 million guaranteed (Jason McCourty's deal from Tenn).  That seems a little high to me, but who knows with this weak class of free agents. 

Resign Bennett as long as he's not looking for Mario Williams $$$
Resign Miller - Should be fairly cheap
Resign Ronde if he wants to come back (honestly I hope he moves on so the Bucs can move on.)

Sean Smith - I'd be OK with 6 yrs. 36 million, but IMHO he's the best (young, big, physical, and healthy) corner that would fit our needs so pay the man what you need to.
Glover Quin FS - Only if Ronde retires.  He's young, decent in coverage (converted from CB), physical against the run, and is a good leader and lockerroom guy.
Martellus Bennett if and only if it helps us resign his brother.  He's overrated in my opinion.  I saw him drop a bunch of catchable balls this season, but he is a big red zone target.
Justin Durant SLB - No need to overpay him as he'd only be a 2 down LB.
Leodis McKelvin CB - Kill 2 birds, he could be our slot CB and KR/PR.  He was one of the best returners this past season.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Off-Seaon Predictions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools