Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steven Jackson to void deal « previous next »
Page: 1

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: February 26, 2013, 07:26:16 AM

Steven Jackson's record-setting career with the St. Louis Rams could be coming to an end.

Jackson, the Rams' career rushing leader, plans to void the final year of his contract to become a free agent March 12, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Monday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8990244/report-steven-jackson-st-louis-rams-plans-void-contract

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 26, 2013, 07:58:27 AM

Steven Jackson should have been a Buccaneer. With that said - old and busted. He won't make the $7 mill he just tossed aside on the open market.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 26, 2013, 08:01:37 AM

I'd love to have him in Tampa...

...as a backup. At a backup price. Basically an upgrade to LGB.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 26, 2013, 10:44:16 AM

Steven Jackson should have been a Buccaneer. With that said - old and busted.

Damn!!

Did i type that??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 26, 2013, 10:47:51 AM

Have fun doing the Lambeau Leap.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 26, 2013, 11:31:00 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/256486/steven-jackson-to-falcons-buzz-gaining-steam

Yahoo's Jason Cole says that "based on what was happening" at the Combine, free agent Steven Jackson's "likely landing spot" is Atlanta.
It's the same vibe Rams beat writer Jim Thomas is getting. The Falcons see Jacquizz Rodgers as a mere change-of-pace option, evidenced by the 222 carries they gave washed-up Michael Turner last season. Although Jackson has plenty of wear on his tires, he's averaged 4.23 yards per carry over the last two seasons behind a horrendous Rams offensive line. S-Jax has also averaged 8.17 yards per reception over that span, staving off a decline by staying in tremendous physical condition. He'd be an ideal addition for the Falcons' up-tempo offense.

I hope this is smoke...   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 26, 2013, 01:20:43 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/256486/steven-jackson-to-falcons-buzz-gaining-steam

Yahoo's Jason Cole says that "based on what was happening" at the Combine, free agent Steven Jackson's "likely landing spot" is Atlanta.
It's the same vibe Rams beat writer Jim Thomas is getting. The Falcons see Jacquizz Rodgers as a mere change-of-pace option, evidenced by the 222 carries they gave washed-up Michael Turner last season. Although Jackson has plenty of wear on his tires, he's averaged 4.23 yards per carry over the last two seasons behind a horrendous Rams offensive line. S-Jax has also averaged 8.17 yards per reception over that span, staving off a decline by staying in tremendous physical condition. He'd be an ideal addition for the Falcons' up-tempo offense.

I hope this is smoke...

It does seem like a good team for him to go to and a team that is in need of him. Perfect fit. Not good for us

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 26, 2013, 01:25:34 PM

I hope this is smoke...
That would totally suck. Lets hope he signs with the Bengals instead.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 26, 2013, 01:28:58 PM

I think he should go to the steelers.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 26, 2013, 01:44:03 PM

While it would "make sense" for him to go with the xyz, do they have the cap space to accommodate?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 26, 2013, 01:49:16 PM

He's taking a huge pay cut because he's chasing a ring. We shouldn't be interested in him and he certainly won't be interested in us.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 26, 2013, 02:08:17 PM

I've heard it mentioned several times that he'd be a good fit with the Packers, which I completely agree with. He'd thrive with a team like them that spreads the defence...not to mention that he's got good hands plus can block pretty well so he'd stay on the field for 3rd downs.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 26, 2013, 02:16:17 PM

The Packers do make waay to much sense...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#13 : February 26, 2013, 02:19:49 PM

Please god go to the Packers, Steelers or anybody else other than the Falcons.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 26, 2013, 02:31:51 PM

Please god go to the Packers, Steelers or anybody else other than the Falcons.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Our run defense is pretty stout.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steven Jackson to void deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools