Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tavon Austin « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#135 : February 25, 2013, 09:37:00 AM

He's going to answer "yes" but I don't think its true

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#136 : February 25, 2013, 10:30:06 AM

Probably going to be the next player we kick ourselves for not drafting. Dude will be the best slot receiver in the league in a few years. Maybe we can make a trade into the end of the 1st round again to draft him like we did with Martin last year? Come on Schiano...I know you love you some WVU players.

You thought this before he posted that 40 time right? We also realize he intentionally dropped 10lbs so he could run this time right?

I posted that when I started this thread over a month ago...so yeah, obviously that's what I thought way before he ran at the combine. And the dude still looked built like a rock yesterday after supposebly "losing 10 pounds" to run that time. I don't even care about the 40 time, look at his game footage. He's the most dangerous player in this draft by a large margin. I don't see any way that he isn't a great player in the NFL.

El Diablo

Starter

#137 : February 25, 2013, 10:33:45 AM

Man this kid can flat out fly. He is really small though. i wonder how well he will hold up as a returner in the NFL? I think they said he is 174lbs?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#138 : February 25, 2013, 01:33:36 PM

Probably going to be the next player we kick ourselves for not drafting. Dude will be the best slot receiver in the league in a few years. Maybe we can make a trade into the end of the 1st round again to draft him like we did with Martin last year? Come on Schiano...I know you love you some WVU players.

You thought this before he posted that 40 time right? We also realize he intentionally dropped 10lbs so he could run this time right?

I posted that when I started this thread over a month ago...so yeah, obviously that's what I thought way before he ran at the combine. And the dude still looked built like a rock yesterday after supposebly "losing 10 pounds" to run that time. I don't even care about the 40 time, look at his game footage. He's the most dangerous player in this draft by a large margin. I don't see any way that he isn't a great player in the NFL.

Take a look at 4:30. I had never seen this guy before but after watching what he does on that play to a legit defense I don't need to see a 40 time. That is my point exactly. Watch him play, he is fast? Hell yeah, does he run away from guys like they are standing still? Hell yeah. Not all 4.3 guys are as fast as he is on the field.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

HolyBuc

Starter
#139 : February 25, 2013, 01:55:33 PM

I won't be shocked if Dolphins take him at #12.  One of Dolphin beat writers on twitter said something about Ireland always liking Harvin and Parcells over ruled him.  There are a lot of questions marks at the top of this draft.  How many kick returners did we try last year and then settled on nothing special.  I think the rookie wage scale lets teams take more chances than they used to, it hurts to miss on a 1st round pick but its crippling to miss and have funds tied up in a bad player.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#140 : February 25, 2013, 04:51:45 PM

I had never really seen him play so I went back and looked at some highlights since he went nuts at the combine. The thing I noticed is that he doesn't turn upfield immediately after the catch, he immediately finds his blockers wherever they are. He's trying to take everything to the house. That's not always a great trait for a running back but I love it in a wideout.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#141 : February 25, 2013, 05:38:53 PM

He has most likely got himself into the end of the first round legitimately. 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#142 : February 25, 2013, 07:22:00 PM

Unless he screws up his interviews or gets busted for something stupid, he won't be there at the end of the first. Dolphins and Steelers real high on him from what I heard. I'm not saying Tampa Bay should grab him at 13, but I believe he will be one of those guys we look back on in a few years and wonder what if.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#143 : February 25, 2013, 07:34:20 PM

I won't be shocked if Dolphins take him at #12.  One of Dolphin beat writers on twitter said something about Ireland always liking Harvin and Parcells over ruled him.  There are a lot of questions marks at the top of this draft.  How many kick returners did we try last year and then settled on nothing special.  I think the rookie wage scale lets teams take more chances than they used to, it hurts to miss on a 1st round pick but its crippling to miss and have funds tied up in a bad player.
Doubt the Phins draft Austin if they land Wallace.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#144 : February 26, 2013, 11:24:40 AM

The Dolphins? Why would the Dolphins want him? Didn't they just not resign a guy just like him in Reggie Bush. Bush is more of a running back than Austion but I don't see Austin as a true WR. I see him like a Percy Harvin type. Lining him up in the slot may be a waste of his talent.

- Everyone

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#145 : February 26, 2013, 11:27:50 AM

Dolphins aren't bringing Bush back.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#146 : February 26, 2013, 11:29:36 AM

Sounds like the Lions are interested in him... (Bush)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#147 : February 26, 2013, 12:30:20 PM

Yes, I know.

- Everyone

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#148 : February 26, 2013, 01:59:56 PM

Yes, I know.

Sorry, misread your post.

I would think not bringing back Bush would make them more likely to want a guy that could do a lot of the things they're losing, only at a fraction of the cost.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tavon Austin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools