Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDub's Off Season Plan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 11, 2013, 07:53:20 PM

Jdub, nice work and thought process. Yuccaneers says $51 million so we could evenn sign more FA's if needed. I have been harping on this year was the cultural change, weeding out and assessment of who they had and what was needed. Year two looks like the 'Big Talent Push' in terms of FA's and draft picks. I still wouldn't be surprised if they trade Penn & Joseph to get more picks and Dom can steal off of other teams and Bostad can coach them up. A little extreme but it COULD happen. 2013....big changes in personnel, coaches, scheme and wins.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 11, 2013, 08:00:30 PM

Yep; I think the only guys who are untouchable are the 3 rooks, McCoy, Jackson, and Nicks...

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 11, 2013, 08:30:29 PM

My choices...

QB: Vick, Quinn, Young, JJ

RB: R. Bush, S. Jax, Greene, Blount

WR: Wallace, Ginn Jr., Henderson, G. Jennings, Cribbs

TE: Bennett

OL: Long, Baker, McKinnie, Justice, Otah

DL: Dorsey, Ellis, Bennett, M. Johnson

LB: Maualuga, Crowder

CB: DRC, Porter, A. Smith, Jenkins

S: Landry, Barber, Chung, Byrd

These are my UFA choices since RFA's rarely sign elsewhere.

I know a few of these FA's are high priced guys, but the Bucs can't afford NOT to show any interest.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 11, 2013, 08:35:33 PM

Logan Ryan might be a bit of CB overkill with all the other CB acquisitions. Could draft a decent QB there instead of getting Devlin

Also, Trueblood's contract is up. No need to cut him.
: January 11, 2013, 08:38:57 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 11, 2013, 08:40:02 PM

My choices...

QB: Vick, Quinn, Young
Stopped reading.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 11, 2013, 08:41:42 PM

Not a bad plan.  I would disagree on Blount, I don't think he has ANY trade value.  If someone is interested they will just wait until he gets released.

Also they won't spend all that cap money.  They may want to extend Mike Williams early.  And maybe a couple other guys they want to stick around for awhile.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 11, 2013, 08:43:02 PM

Also, if we don't sign a CB in FA I would mos def consider trading Penn/Joseph or both for 2nds. Then draft a combo of Milliner/Banks/Rhodes.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 11, 2013, 08:45:57 PM

My choices...

Stopped reading.
Who do you expect to push Free? Orvlosky? Moore? Henne? Now that is when I stop listening/reading.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 11, 2013, 08:50:20 PM

Free Agency

QB) Pat Devlin - There just aren't any realistic options to get rid of Freeman this year. We've got to stick with him one more year, so bring in Devlin to compete with Orvlasky as the back up and pray we can find a new QB next year.....or Freeman suddenly becomes a good quarterback. Most folks thing Devlin is garbage, and that is fine, but I'd rather see a young guy that at least has the potential to be good, rather than a 30 year Orvlasky that everyone already knows is garbage. Devlin has as much upside as any QB we could draft in the mid rounds of this draft, he won't cost a draft pick, and he has two year experience in the NFL. Grab him up and hope he turns into a solid back up.

Devlin is an exclusive right FA for Miami.  With Matt Moore being an unrestricted FA, I doubt Miami lets Devlin get away for nothing.

I think he finished the year on the PS. Not sure how that works if we wanted to sign him in the off season. I guess he is just part of their roster like anyone else.

Draft Aaron Donald

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 11, 2013, 08:53:53 PM

My choices...

Stopped reading.
Who do you expect to push Free? Orvlosky? Moore? Henne? Now that is when I stop listening/reading.
I'm actually a little worried that we might have to trade for someone to bring someone to really compete with Freeman. I don't really like any of the UFA's or QB's in the draft. Signing Vick, Quinn or Young wouldn't do anything else than eat cap.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 11, 2013, 08:57:16 PM

My choices...

Stopped reading.

+1

Sorry Swag, but that is just horrible. If I had to pick three QBs that I wouldn't want the most that my be the list.

Draft Aaron Donald

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 11, 2013, 08:58:50 PM

My choices...

Stopped reading.
I'm actually a little worried that we might have to trade for someone to bring someone to really compete with Freeman. I don't really like any of the UFA's or QB's in the draft. Signing Vick, Quinn or Young wouldn't do anything else than eat cap.
I agree. However, the Bucs can't go another season without a better option at backup.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 11, 2013, 08:59:10 PM

I'd be happy with that offseason. I like the overhaul at CB and DT position. Add another pass rusher and I think the defense looks night and day better.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 11, 2013, 09:02:03 PM

My choices...

Stopped reading.
I agree. However, the Bucs can't go another season without a better option at backup.

Why not?  This will be Freeman's make or break year.  Even if he sucks,  they will play him the whole year to be sure it is not going to work out, before they send him packing.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 11, 2013, 09:04:05 PM

My choices...

Stopped reading.

+1

Sorry Swag, but that is just horrible. If I had to pick three QBs that I wouldn't want the most that my be the list.
LoL! Don't blame the messenger for a crappy QB FA. There isn't much to choose from.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDub's Off Season Plan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools