Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think is the best player in football right now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 12, 2013, 10:57:49 AM

I'm going with Peterson. I'm biased toward RBs :P

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 12, 2013, 11:48:47 AM

IDK Hate - Peyton seems to fit that old adage about Bear Bryant - he can take his and beat yours, and he can take yours and beat his.   His knowledge and talent combination is beyond that of anyone else I can recall.
We're gonna see. Right now, he's done what Tebow did....and i've never been enamored by his post-season play.
Every once in a while you post something that makes me wonder - this is two of those times.... a Tebow and Manning comparison on accomplishments in a career?  Or this season - when one is playing and the other watching?  A lot of unflattering words jump to mind about this one

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 12, 2013, 12:16:53 PM

Rodgers!!!

: January 12, 2013, 12:18:48 PM tripblood

This guy...

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 12, 2013, 01:26:27 PM

Peterson!!!!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 12, 2013, 02:43:50 PM

IDK Hate - Peyton seems to fit that old adage about Bear Bryant - he can take his and beat yours, and he can take yours and beat his.   His knowledge and talent combination is beyond that of anyone else I can recall.
We're gonna see. Right now, he's done what Tebow did....and i've never been enamored by his post-season play.
Every once in a while you post something that makes me wonder - this is two of those times.... a Tebow and Manning comparison on accomplishments in a career?  Or this season - when one is playing and the other watching?  A lot of unflattering words jump to mind about this one

If Peytom was to go one and done in the playoffs, I am sure he and Bronco fans would be very disappointed.  That team is loaded, and they should go deep into the postseason.  Maybe all the way.

Ironworker808

Second String

#20 : January 12, 2013, 02:48:21 PM

I'm going with Justin Smith.

Guy is so beastly that he made the AP All-Pro team at TWO positions! (DE & DT)

And IIRC, this is the second year he's been voted in at both positions.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 12, 2013, 02:48:59 PM

best player at the most important position on a football team = Aaron Rodgers

I agree that it's got to be a QB. So tough with Peyton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. I'm going to go with Brady and if he can win it this year, we may be watching the best QB in history.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 12, 2013, 03:40:59 PM

Pretty sure he means right now Peyton hasn't taken the Broncos any further than Timmah did last year...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 12, 2013, 03:47:54 PM

Pretty sure he means right now Peyton hasn't taken the Broncos any further than Timmah did last year...
and if that is the case - which it very well might be - the comparison is between seasons - when one player will play the entire season and the other came in after another failed.  And then the stats... it's just wacky to me doc. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Psych

Starter

#24 : January 12, 2013, 04:01:59 PM

Peyton. AP, Watt

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 12, 2013, 04:11:36 PM

Offense - Peterson and its not even close. payton had a good comeback but peterson is the vikings
Defense - JJ Watt. once again not even close. 19.5 sacks as an interior lineman is insane

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 12, 2013, 05:00:57 PM

and if that is the case - which it very well might be - the comparison is between seasons - when one player will play the entire season and the other came in after another failed.  And then the stats... it's just wacky to me doc.

Stats and scenarios be damned. If the Donks lose this one, then Manning took his team no further than Tim Tim.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 12, 2013, 05:09:10 PM

Stats and scenarios be damned. If the Donks lose this one, then Manning took his team no further than Tim Tim.
Well, if Tebow and Manning are interchangeable you will forgive me for taking Manning, OK?  LMAO

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 12, 2013, 05:12:27 PM

Lol. Consider yourself forgiven.

Tebow forgives all who accept him and his message.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 12, 2013, 05:15:26 PM

Didn't think it was that difficult to compute..... guess i shoulda been more clear. My bad!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think is the best player in football right now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools