Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JBF's take on Buc's attendance « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : January 12, 2013, 11:52:57 AM »

Joe has lived in the greater Tampa Bay area spanning three decades now, will not leave and will have his ashes spread locally at a yet to be determined Tampa Bay location when it’s time to go to the football stadium in the sky.

But for the life of Joe, he cannot understand the full erection local sports fans have with attendance. It is mind-boggling.

Moreso, the two-bit, research-depraved talking heads on radio that throw gasoline on these bonfires, Joe just wants to rip the radio out of his truck and throw it at some random cat walking down the street. It’s one reason why Joe has SiriusXM.

Attendance, when it comes to the modern day NFL, is a drop in the bucket compared to all the billions of dollars the NFL rakes in through various TV gigs, commercials, sponsorships, Internet revenue … the list goes on.

Yet for some reason, locals believe the NFL is the NHL, where gate receipts will either make or break a franchise. And sadly, one of our country’s bravest is of this mindset, which sent Joe into orbit on an otherwise calm, even-sober, early Friday evening after reading the weekly BSPN NFC South chat.

Ben (Ft Bliss)

Have not heard much on the LA stadium, if TB struggles selling out next year are they a viable candidate?

Pat Yasinskas
    I don’t think it’s to that point yet for Bucs. Could be if attendance lags for a few more years, but not yet. Jags are well ahead are well ahead of them in the LA line anyway.

Good Lord! For those stuck in the 1970s, please, rather than being willfully ignorant, obtain a copy of the Bucs lease with the Tampa Sports Authority — it’s public record — and read it to understand exactly why this notion of the Bucs moving is about as intelligent as suggesting the Dallas Cowboys are bankrupt.

Aside from the sweetheart lease Team Glazer has, the Tampa Sports Authority, bound by its voter-approved referendum, is set to have a fan-friendly, revenue-enhanced upgrade of the stadium in the near future.

So the Bucs are going to break a sweetheart lease and leave a stadium about to be upgraded for very likely a less-than-favorable lease in Los Angeles where they will get sandbagged by business-hostile California state taxes that are absolutely choking the economy of the Golden State?

Right, and Joe just finished his morning shower with Rachel Watson.

If the above information isn’t enough to move you, does anyone really believe some deep-pocket business man in Los Angeles is going to build a $1 billion football stadium and not want to own at least 40 percent of the the team? Are there people out there that drunk to believe someone is going to build such a stadium for charity? Really?

How many times has Team Glazer said they are not selling any part of the Bucs?

Bucs fans, please do a modicum of research before talking about such a nonsensical subject, and by all means, knock off the insipid attendance talk.

Contrary to the belief of far too many sports fans in the Tampa Bay area, the most important line of a box score is not the bottom line (attendance) but the top line (final score).

http://www.joebucsfan.com/

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 12, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »

I don't want this guy's take on anything.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 12, 2013, 12:54:54 PM »

Thanks for stopping in to this thread to let us know you're not interested in this thread. I hope it didn't cut into your busy schedule of stopping into restaurants to let them know you're not hungry.
« : January 12, 2013, 12:56:37 PM Illuminator »

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 12, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »

Thanks for stopping in to this thread to let us know you're not interested in this thread. I hope it didn't cut into your busy schedule of stopping into restaurants to let them know you're not hungry.
Anything to help Illuminator. Anything to help.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 12, 2013, 01:08:02 PM »

Looks like the retarded Andy Reid.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 12, 2013, 06:59:40 PM »

another zinger LOL

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : January 12, 2013, 07:00:50 PM »

what would keep the Glazerhousers from selling the team to some LA-billionaire who'll move the stadium to Cali after building a state-of-the-art facility?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 13, 2013, 12:59:30 AM »

what would keep the Glazerhousers from selling the team to some LA-billionaire who'll move the stadium to Cali after building a state-of-the-art facility?

I guess, in theory, it could. Then again, in theory, all teams are avalible.

The glazers love sweet deals, and from a NFL standpoint, it's an insanily laughable sweet deal. They will milk the life out of that deal first, before moving on to greener pastures.

Also, it's not everyday a businessman walks in with a billion greenbacks saying they want to buy your team either. In this economy, I seriously have doubts that anyone would want the team, unless its a fire-sale.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 13, 2013, 09:11:37 AM »

guess you're right - I'm not going to concern myself over the 40-45k, sometimes more, attendance anymore. If the move, they move......more time to do other stuff instead of waste it in RayJay

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #9 : January 13, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »

guess you're right - I'm not going to concern myself over the 40-45k, sometimes more, attendance anymore. If the move, they move......more time to do other stuff instead of waste it in RayJay

quoted prior to deletion

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 13, 2013, 11:15:06 AM »

I would suspect the lease agreement is with the buccaneers not the glazers.  If that guess is correct - then the lease would preclude movement unless Tampa agreed (read got paid off) to the move. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 13, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »

Did the people in this thread even read the article??? Morgan... You should probably read things before posting them...or don't.

Lol

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 13, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »

it's a blog - not necessarily factual --just a blogger's POV - and because I posted it, doesn't mean I agree with it

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 24, 2013, 01:59:05 PM »

Thankfully, No Tarps

Joe received e-mails from quite a few Bucs season ticket holders who were asked to move the location of their seats.

Said fans, and Joe, were scared. Why?

Joe was convinced Team Glazer had decided to break out those hideous-looking tarps to cover sections of seats in order for the seating capacity of the Stadium on Dale Mabry Highway to be lowered as part of a cheap stunt to help games meet TV blackout plateaus set by the NFL  — selling 85 percent of non-premium seats.

Joe’s assumption, thankfully, was wrong. Jose Patino Girona, of the Tampa Tribune, spoke to Bucs officials and learned that, yes, fans are being moved, but those heinous tarps will not be used to block off any seats.

The change will impact about 400 seats. Team officials have been calling the owners of those season tickets and sent an email Tuesday to those they haven’t been able to reach.

Ford said the change is intended only to free up certain sections of the stadium to accommodate groups. The team has no plans to remove or cover seats to make it easier to sell out or reach the 85 percent attendance threshold that would avoid a blackout of home games, he said.

“In no way is this repurposing an indication that we will be removing or tarping seats,” Brian Ford, the team’s vice president of business administration, said in a prepared statement.

Thank goodness!

The first time Joe saw tarps used to block off sections was for Pirates games at the old Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh. And they were a complete and total eyerake. Joe has been to a few Jags games and the tarps there are nearly as ugly.

Yes, the Rays use tarps in their upper deck. Just one of many things that makes the Fruitdome onerous. 

Joe applauds Team Glazer for not stooping to this level. A quarter-full stadium with tens of thousands of empty seats looks far better than those ugly-arse tarps. Yick!

Those tarps scream “bush league.”

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=82278

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #14 : January 24, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »

400 whole seats were asked to move .....  Olaf thinks jbf is full of it when he says he heard from "quite a few Bucs season ticket holders"
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JBF's take on Buc's attendance « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools