Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EJ Manuel « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: January 12, 2013, 11:21:06 PM

I know I'll get more negative feedback than positive on this thread, but I don't care. EJ Manuel is basically Josh Freeman of 2010. You know, back before Freeman was lobotomized and started sucking. If EJ Manuel is still there in the 2nd round, we have to take him. Persoanlly, I think his stock will rise and he'll be gone before then...but if he is there he has to be the pick.

Draft Aaron Donald

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 13, 2013, 12:04:56 AM

JDouble, I like your scouting and  input on prospects but one thing that has remained hidden from you is that Freeman was not a better QB in 2010 than he is now. All statistical evidence disagrees with me but it would take an in person conversion for me to explain my reasoning.

btw, I saw your thread about Le'veon Bell and was nearly jealous that I didn't make a thread about him first. He has been my favorite RB prospect in this year for a while.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 13, 2013, 12:10:05 AM

Not a big fan.   Although Geno is growing on me.  I would like to see Dom take Geno at #13 and shock the &^% out of everyone.  Including Freeman.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Snook

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 13, 2013, 12:34:29 AM

Seriously?

Manuel is a joke.   His game against UF this season is perfect proof of why he's garbage.  Racked up stats against crappy ACC teams.

You think Freeman drives you crazy? Manuel is worse.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#4 : January 13, 2013, 12:39:57 AM

Not a big fan.   Although Geno is growing on me.  I would like to see Dom take Geno at #13 and shock the &^% out of everyone.  Including Freeman.

I would love Schiano to do that but I can't see KC (#1), PHI (#4), CLE (#6), ARIZ (#7) or BUF (#8) all passing on Geno Smith before us. Maybe Dominik can trade the extra 4th to move up...lol

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 13, 2013, 12:41:05 AM

I dunno. Don't wanna hurt Freeman's feelings. He is after all, a fragile widdle guy.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#6 : January 13, 2013, 12:48:52 AM

I dunno. Don't wanna hurt Freeman's feelings. He is after all, a fragile widdle guy.

hahaha

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 13, 2013, 12:56:22 AM

Manuel has potential, but he's not a better QB than Freeman is at this point. That tape is from him playing against weak competition. Freeman is playing against NFL teams.

Manuel may have a couple of good games before team start getting tape on him, but there's a big difference between Freeman and him in football knowledge. If we're going to replace Freeman, let's do it with someone who is actually going to be a long term solution, and not just a huge project.

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#8 : January 13, 2013, 01:14:23 AM

My money is on EJ Manuel becoming the next big draft bust, going straight to Buffalo at #8. I do not see the transcendent talent or skill that will make this guy a consistent starter. Could be a serviceable back-up, bouncing around the league for 10 years.

Geno Smith is the only QB worth having in this draft and even he isn't better than Alex Smith (best FA QB) or Freeman.

Say my name...

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#9 : January 13, 2013, 01:48:24 AM

My money is on EJ Manuel becoming the next big draft bust, going straight to Buffalo at #8. I do not see the transcendent talent or skill that will make this guy a consistent starter. Could be a serviceable back-up, bouncing around the league for 10 years.

Geno Smith is the only QB worth having in this draft and even he isn't better than Alex Smith (best FA QB) or Freeman.

Alex Smith isn't a FA QB this offseason.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 13, 2013, 01:56:07 AM

True, but he is scheduled to make large jack, and could be released or traded.  They look pretty set on Kapernik, as they should be.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#11 : January 13, 2013, 01:56:28 AM

He isn't a free agent QB this offseason YET. He isn't going to stick around and be a wicked expensive backup next year, especially after what Kaepernick just did. Even if he isn't released and an actual free agent, he'll be traded. He's a de facto FA. Flacco is technically an FA but there is no way in Hades that Baltimore lets him walk.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/track.html

Best guy on this list (other than Flacco) is Brady Quinn. And that is like saying Eric Wright was the best CB for the Bucs. It's the tallest midget competition.

Say my name...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 13, 2013, 02:19:51 AM

Well you guys can claim that Geno will be this and Manuel will be that like it's fact, but we just watched a running QB that was taken in the 2nd round.....come out and destroy the Packers. I'm sure if anyone knew he would be this good, someone would have taken him before the 49ers did at pick 36. It's not an exact science. Manuel has enough talent to be interesting. Pretend to be omnipotent, but nobody really knows. Being big and athletic can cover a lot of your short comings. Freeman's size and mobility made up for his, until he stopped using his size and mobility and tried to become a pure pocket pass....now he just sucks.

Draft Aaron Donald

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#13 : January 13, 2013, 02:46:53 AM

He isn't a free agent QB this offseason YET. He isn't going to stick around and be a wicked expensive backup next year, especially after what Kaepernick just did. Even if he isn't released and an actual free agent, he'll be traded. He's a de facto FA. Flacco is technically an FA but there is no way in Hades that Baltimore lets him walk.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/track.html

Best guy on this list (other than Flacco) is Brady Quinn. And that is like saying Eric Wright was the best CB for the Bucs. It's the tallest midget competition.

I would look for Smith to be traded.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 13, 2013, 03:02:25 AM

I would look for Smith to be traded to Kansas City, or Tampa. His skill set would be ideal for Andy Reid's ideations of the dink coast offense, and he would be able to push Free in camp and if Free gets injured or becomes unreliable, the Bucs can ideally plug in the oft maligned Alex Smith.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EJ Manuel « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools