Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Hate

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 13, 2013, 03:42:31 PM

So you're comparing Freeman to Brees. 

hard to even take him seriously anymore

-------------------------------------------------------

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#46 : January 13, 2013, 03:48:17 PM

........will now watch the rest of the playoffs on tv like most of the rest of us. Peyton Manning coughed up the game. The rest of his team played well enough to win. He choked again.

Aaron Rogers is headed for Canton no doubt, but looked very ordinary tonight.

Maybe Josh Freeman isn't so bad after all.

Dude, you're terrible.

Peyton didn't "cough up" the game. How does a safety give up that pass given the circumstances?

And yea, whether Rodgers was "ordinary" or not, no QB wins a game when their D gives up 600 yards.

And of course you try to spin these 2 losses somehow in favor of Freeman...pathetic.

After near 6 decades of watching pro football, I am no dude. Peyton turned the ball over three times cancelling out the STs TDs his team gave him. He blew the game pure and simple. He chokes in playoff games. He is definitely a HOF QB, but he chokes in the playoffs. He managed one FG against Herm Edwards Jets. How impressive is that? One SB win may be impressive for a QB like Brad Johnson. You would expect more out of an elite QB like Peyton Manning. 1 for 14 is nothing special.

Why the different standard for Rodgers and his defense? Was the Buccaneer defense that much better? It looks pretty much the same to me. Maybe ignoring the facts is somehow different than spinning.

If you're a Buc fan, why the bias against Freeman?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 13, 2013, 03:52:49 PM

........will now watch the rest of the playoffs on tv like most of the rest of us. Peyton Manning coughed up the game. The rest of his team played well enough to win. He choked again.

Dude, you're terrible.

Peyton didn't "cough up" the game. How does a safety give up that pass given the circumstances?

And yea, whether Rodgers was "ordinary" or not, no QB wins a game when their D gives up 600 yards.

And of course you try to spin these 2 losses somehow in favor of Freeman...pathetic.

After near 6 decades of watching pro football, I am no dude. Peyton turned the ball over three times cancelling out the STs TDs his team gave him. He blew the game pure and simple. He chokes in playoff games. He is definitely a HOF QB, but he chokes in the playoffs. He managed one FG against Herm Edwards Jets. How impressive is that? One SB win may be impressive for a QB like Brad Johnson. You would expect more out of an elite QB like Peyton Manning. 1 for 14 is nothing special.

Why the different standard for Rodgers and his defense? Was the Buccaneer defense that much better? It looks pretty much the same to me. Maybe ignoring the facts is somehow different than spinning.

If you're a Buc fan, why the bias against Freeman?

Like Hate said, it's tough to take you serious as your Freeman apologists posts are beyond absurd.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 13, 2013, 03:56:17 PM

Dude, you're terrible.

After near 6 decades of watching pro football, I am no dude.

My grandmother can say both of those things as well, but that doesn't mean she knows shizzle about football.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 13, 2013, 03:57:11 PM

why are there still Freeman arguments?

obviously the pass defense is a huge problem, but you can't go around throwing 4 INTs a game or throw half your passes nowhere near your receiver

both have to improve

+1...and most realize that both the offense and the defense are to blame for the losses. The freepologists and freehaters are the small groups that are too dense to see that.

It's a never-ending argument. Freeman is only going to bring the team as far as it's own weakest link.

Fix the pass defense and we stand a chance with anyone behind center. Being that freeman isn't a seasoned vet like brad was when he won the Superbowl, he cannot manage the offense to wins if the defense always gives up points. Not at this stage of Freeman's game. Not yet anyway.

Just to put it into perspective. The pass defense was so bad, that even a #1 run defense couldn't gain them wins. Crying about a QB is worthless when he posts around 25+ points per game, but the pass defense allows 30+. I know the numbers aren't right, but you get the point.

No they don't.

The fact remains two elite QBs lost today. That suggests to me that football is a team sport. The Bucs' pass defense was respectable in one game. Freeman was erratic and inconsistent, but was also respectable or impressive in several games. The Bucs can win with him. They can't win consistently without a complete overhaul of the CBs. Freeman has issues but his issues can be corrected. He doesn't have to be replaced. Our starting CBs do. We have depth. We don't have starters.

I think we're talking out the same thing spark. As I've been saying the same thing to freeman haters for quite awhile now.

One of the worst pass defenses in history cannot and will not help a QB whatsoever. If that pass defense ever improved this past season, the bucs would've been in playoffs, or at least a lot closer to them. Sometimes a QB can pay well enough to cover a teams bad play, but others (most QB's) need a defense that can come up big in third down situations.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#50 : January 13, 2013, 04:01:21 PM

So you're comparing Freeman to Brees.  I'm gonna be rooting for #5 next season but he's nowhere near as good a qb as Brees.

And he never will be. He will never be as decisive. He will never be as accurate. That doesn't mean he'll never win a SB with the Bucs. That doesn't even mean he's not the best QB we have ever had. The comparisons were both teams 7-9 and both QBs throwing 4 interceptions in a game. In fact Brees threw more interceptions than Freeman did this season.

The point is both teams got enough from their QBs to be in the playoffs. The defenses were the deciding factor.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#51 : January 13, 2013, 04:08:33 PM

Dude, you're terrible.

My grandmother can say both of those things as well, but that doesn't mean she knows shizzle about football.

My grandmothers are dead, but if they weren't, one of them could kick the crap out of your grandmother, and the other would pray for your grandmother's soul.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#52 : January 13, 2013, 04:11:15 PM

Dude, you're terrible.

My grandmothers are dead, but if they weren't, one of them could kick the crap out of your grandmother, and the other would pray for your grandmother's soul.

..and my grandma would grab some popcorn and watch the violence ensue.  ;)

Hate

Hall of Famer
#53 : January 13, 2013, 04:21:59 PM

well.....this has taken an interesting turn

-------------------------------------------------------

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#54 : January 13, 2013, 04:24:49 PM

obviously the pass defense is a huge problem, but you can't go around throwing 4 INTs a game or throw half your passes nowhere near your receiver

both have to improve

+1...and most realize that both the offense and the defense are to blame for the losses. The freepologists and freehaters are the small groups that are too dense to see that.

It's a never-ending argument. Freeman is only going to bring the team as far as it's own weakest link.

Fix the pass defense and we stand a chance with anyone behind center. Being that freeman isn't a seasoned vet like brad was when he won the Superbowl, he cannot manage the offense to wins if the defense always gives up points. Not at this stage of Freeman's game. Not yet anyway.

Just to put it into perspective. The pass defense was so bad, that even a #1 run defense couldn't gain them wins. Crying about a QB is worthless when he posts around 25+ points per game, but the pass defense allows 30+. I know the numbers aren't right, but you get the point.

No they don't.

The fact remains two elite QBs lost today. That suggests to me that football is a team sport. The Bucs' pass defense was respectable in one game. Freeman was erratic and inconsistent, but was also respectable or impressive in several games. The Bucs can win with him. They can't win consistently without a complete overhaul of the CBs. Freeman has issues but his issues can be corrected. He doesn't have to be replaced. Our starting CBs do. We have depth. We don't have starters.

I think we're talking out the same thing spark. As I've been saying the same thing to freeman haters for quite awhile now.

One of the worst pass defenses in history cannot and will not help a QB whatsoever. If that pass defense ever improved this past season, the bucs would've been in playoffs, or at least a lot closer to them. Sometimes a QB can pay well enough to cover a teams bad play, but others (most QB's) need a defense that can come up big in third down situations.

You're right. You can't reason with people who are as biased as these people clearly are. Freeman has already demonstrated he can be great, just not consistently great. Even the elite QBs have their bad days. I don't expect Freeman to ever be elite, but I know he can be great, and I believe he can become consistent. Brad Johnson had to have an elite Defense in order to win a SB. I believe Josh Freeman and this offense could win a SB with just an average defense.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#55 : January 13, 2013, 04:35:55 PM

both have to improve

No they don't.

You're right. You can't reason with people who are as biased as these people clearly are. Freeman has already demonstrated he can be great, just not consistently great.

I believe Josh Freeman and this offense could win a SB with just an average defense.

Quite ironic you calling others bias meanwhile posting this garbage.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#56 : January 13, 2013, 04:42:19 PM

both have to improve

No they don't.

You're right. You can't reason with people who are as biased as these people clearly are. Freeman has already demonstrated he can be great, just not consistently great.

I believe Josh Freeman and this offense could win a SB with just an average defense.

It's really too bad you are incapable of respecting a differing opinion. When anyone disagrees with you you resort to insults and slander. I rarely say this, but you are a real azzhole.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#57 : January 13, 2013, 04:43:16 PM

Good post hayseed. I agree with what you said there.
   +1

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#58 : January 13, 2013, 04:46:42 PM

both have to improve

No they don't.

It's really too bad you are incapable of respecting a differing opinion. When anyone disagrees with you you resort to insults and slander. I rarely say this, but you are a real azzhole.

Quite ironic again...because I disagree, I'm biased right?

Carry on!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#59 : January 13, 2013, 04:54:53 PM

Sparky humped Morris' leg nonstop too.  Let the old man live in his fairy land.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools