Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#60 : January 13, 2013, 04:59:11 PM

Shame on you guys for picking on Grandmas  ;).  Love'em all!

gone

Hall of Famer
#61 : January 13, 2013, 05:56:12 PM

why are there still Freeman arguments?

obviously the pass defense is a huge problem, but you can't go around throwing 4 INTs a game or throw half your passes nowhere near your receiver

both have to improve

+1...and most realize that both the offense and the defense are to blame for the losses. The freepologists and freehaters are the small groups that are too dense to see that.

It's a never-ending argument. Freeman is only going to bring the team as far as it's own weakest link.

Fix the pass defense and we stand a chance with anyone behind center. Being that freeman isn't a seasoned vet like brad was when he won the Superbowl, he cannot manage the offense to wins if the defense always gives up points. Not at this stage of Freeman's game. Not yet anyway.

Just to put it into perspective. The pass defense was so bad, that even a #1 run defense couldn't gain them wins. Crying about a QB is worthless when he posts around 25+ points per game, but the pass defense allows 30+. I know the numbers aren't right, but you get the point.

No they don't.

The fact remains two elite QBs lost today. That suggests to me that football is a team sport. The Bucs' pass defense was respectable in one game. Freeman was erratic and inconsistent, but was also respectable or impressive in several games. The Bucs can win with him. They can't win consistently without a complete overhaul of the CBs. Freeman has issues but his issues can be corrected. He doesn't have to be replaced. Our starting CBs do. We have depth. We don't have starters.

I think we're talking out the same thing spark. As I've been saying the same thing to freeman haters for quite awhile now.

One of the worst pass defenses in history cannot and will not help a QB whatsoever. If that pass defense ever improved this past season, the bucs would've been in playoffs, or at least a lot closer to them. Sometimes a QB can pay well enough to cover a teams bad play, but others (most QB's) need a defense that can come up big in third down situations.

You're right. You can't reason with people who are as biased as these people clearly are. Freeman has already demonstrated he can be great, just not consistently great.

I believe Josh Freeman and this offense could win a SB with just an average defense.

Quite ironic you calling others bias meanwhile posting this garbage.

It's really too bad you are incapable of respecting a differing opinion. When anyone disagrees with you you resort to insults and slander. I rarely say this, but you are a real azzhole.

Project much?

You really like to say this about people who disagree with you.  And you resort to namecalling and insults and accusations of bias but see no bias or anything remotely foolish in comparing Schiano to Lombardi and Freeman to the best QBs in the game.

No, what you can't handle is a difference of opinion. What you can't handle is you can't come up with a valid argument or option. What you can't handle, is you know he's right. That's why you fall back to your usual slander and insults.

Your behavior reveals your lack of character and intolerance of others. You show no respect and you deserve none.

Get off your horse.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#62 : January 13, 2013, 05:58:58 PM

How many of the 9 losses do you think Free contributed to?

2-3

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#63 : January 13, 2013, 06:02:52 PM

I don't understand how people don't understand every player and coach contributes to every loss and every win.  It's a team sport.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#64 : January 13, 2013, 06:07:31 PM

2-3

Only 2-3?

Uh, are you serious?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#65 : January 13, 2013, 06:15:35 PM

2-3

Notice it says "contributed to" and not "can be BLAMED for the loss"

The # should definitely be higher than 2-3.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#66 : January 13, 2013, 07:34:27 PM

2-3

Only 2-3?

Uh, are you serious?

Name them then.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#67 : January 13, 2013, 08:07:25 PM

The whole team "contributes" to losses when they happen. If Freeman played absolutely perfect in the 9 losses, then I could understand the feelings some have of him being blameless, but that just wasn't the case.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#68 : January 13, 2013, 08:44:28 PM

Peyton turned the ball over three times cancelling out the STs TDs his team gave him. He blew the game pure and simple.

but peyton still did enough to win.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#69 : January 13, 2013, 08:50:44 PM

2-3

Only 2-3?

Uh, are you serious?

Name them then.

He "contributed" to ALL of them.

Not a difficult concept to understand...well, unless you're a Freeman apologist.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#70 : January 13, 2013, 10:38:37 PM

As did everyone else "contribute". Especially in a close game, every player needs to look at what HE could have done to make any failing play a success. Ya never know which "insignificant" play could have been significant if executed better.
    Execution is the one area I'll give Atlanta's offense credit for; they did execute well. However, Matt Ryan needed not one but TWO poor decisions by Pete Carroll to give him and the Falcons even a shot at winning today. Mr. Ryan in my mind is still not among the elite level QBs, but may still be just good enough to win a championship.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#71 : January 13, 2013, 11:12:02 PM

why are there still Freeman arguments?

obviously the pass defense is a huge problem, but you can't go around throwing 4 INTs a game or throw half your passes nowhere near your receiver

both have to improve

+1...and most realize that both the offense and the defense are to blame for the losses. The freepologists and freehaters are the small groups that are too dense to see that.

It's a never-ending argument. Freeman is only going to bring the team as far as it's own weakest link.

Fix the pass defense and we stand a chance with anyone behind center. Being that freeman isn't a seasoned vet like brad was when he won the Superbowl, he cannot manage the offense to wins if the defense always gives up points. Not at this stage of Freeman's game. Not yet anyway.

Just to put it into perspective. The pass defense was so bad, that even a #1 run defense couldn't gain them wins. Crying about a QB is worthless when he posts around 25+ points per game, but the pass defense allows 30+. I know the numbers aren't right, but you get the point.

No they don't.

The fact remains two elite QBs lost today. That suggests to me that football is a team sport. The Bucs' pass defense was respectable in one game. Freeman was erratic and inconsistent, but was also respectable or impressive in several games. The Bucs can win with him. They can't win consistently without a complete overhaul of the CBs. Freeman has issues but his issues can be corrected. He doesn't have to be replaced. Our starting CBs do. We have depth. We don't have starters.

I think we're talking out the same thing spark. As I've been saying the same thing to freeman haters for quite awhile now.

One of the worst pass defenses in history cannot and will not help a QB whatsoever. If that pass defense ever improved this past season, the bucs would've been in playoffs, or at least a lot closer to them. Sometimes a QB can pay well enough to cover a teams bad play, but others (most QB's) need a defense that can come up big in third down situations.

You're right. You can't reason with people who are as biased as these people clearly are. Freeman has already demonstrated he can be great, just not consistently great.

I believe Josh Freeman and this offense could win a SB with just an average defense.

Quite ironic you calling others bias meanwhile posting this garbage.

It's really too bad you are incapable of respecting a differing opinion. When anyone disagrees with you you resort to insults and slander. I rarely say this, but you are a real azzhole.

Project much?

You really like to say this about people who disagree with you.  And you resort to namecalling and insults and accusations of bias but see no bias or anything remotely foolish in comparing Schiano to Lombardi and Freeman to the best QBs in the game.

No, what you can't handle is a difference of opinion. What you can't handle is you can't come up with a valid argument or option. What you can't handle, is you know he's right. That's why you fall back to your usual slander and insults.

Your behavior reveals your lack of character and intolerance of others. You show no respect and you deserve none.

Get off your horse.

I'm a fan of the team and a fan of Josh Freeman. Attack either one unfairly and I will defend them. Freeman is not my enemy though he must be yours the way you attack him. Despite his faults he's our best option and deserves our support. You can eat crow when the Bucs are in the playoffs next year. Until then continue to suck vinegar.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 14, 2013, 09:33:45 AM

How is saying Josh Freeman is inconsistent, inaccurate, and has shown mental lapses attacking him unfairly? What has he done to prove he isn't all those things? 0 ints one week, to 4 ints another game. 21 pts in the first half one game to 0 pts in the first half in other games?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#73 : January 14, 2013, 10:57:00 AM

How is saying Josh Freeman is inconsistent, inaccurate, and has shown mental lapses attacking him unfairly? What has he done to prove he isn't all those things? 0 ints one week, to 4 ints another game. 21 pts in the first half one game to 0 pts in the first half in other games?

...because, there were other problems on the team, so those should be highlighted while ignoring issues with the QB....It's all about 5, remember?

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#74 : January 14, 2013, 11:03:12 AM

2-3

Notice it says "contributed to" and not "can be BLAMED for the loss"

The # should definitely be higher than 2-3.

Every player contributes to losses such as miss tackles, blown assignments, etc.....2-3 games as a major-sole contributor. 
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools