Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 13, 2013, 08:46:07 AM

CK looked elite to me. His performance is stuff of legend now.

And yes, I still think Free is replaceable. He is what he is. He is maddeningly capable, but he when he struggles you can call it the day. I do not see a winner in Josh Freeman.

Imagine Free starting a game with a pick 6 like Kap did last night. He'd be mentally shot from that point forward. Kap brushed it off and went to work. VERY impressive!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 13, 2013, 08:47:59 AM

Freeman has issues but his issues can be corrected.

They can? When?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 13, 2013, 08:57:12 AM

Peyton's arm looks completely dead. Broncos are lucky if they get one more high level year out of him .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 13, 2013, 08:59:42 AM

Peyton has never had the strongest arm, that's not his game.  What looked dead for the Broncos were Champ Baileys legs.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 13, 2013, 09:02:57 AM

Peyton has never had the strongest arm, that's not his game.  What looked dead for the Broncos were Champ Baileys legs.

You still need to be able to have NFL level zip on the ball , and that looks on the verge of going away for old Peyton.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#20 : January 13, 2013, 09:06:54 AM

No argument, if you start with an average arm ( but one of the best QB minds to ever step on the field ) it will only get weaker as you get older.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 13, 2013, 09:09:18 AM

You still need to be able to have NFL level zip on the ball , and that looks on the verge of going away for old Peyton.

You saw how fast the skid hit for Brad and he is (to a lesser degre) very much like Peyton in just the terms you said.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 13, 2013, 09:09:20 AM

With the way Freeman gets disrespected on here you'd think the Bucs were 8-0 without him since '09 instead of 0-8.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 13, 2013, 09:13:41 AM

With the way Freeman gets disrespected on here you'd think the Bucs were 8-0 without him since '09 instead of 0-8.

Yes...when you use Josh Johnson who is currently working at the gas station next to my house as your backup you will lose games. That doesn't make Freeman any better. Josh was awful, Freeman is just below average.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 13, 2013, 09:20:04 AM

Good thread!
      Yep, John Elway thought all he needed was a QB to get him the Lombardi, as the Broncs seemed to be set everywhere else. But, a Tanard Jackson moment by their S, then a Brett Favre moment by Peyton and that was that... And remember, OUR pass D vs the Broncos confused Peyton for much of our game in Denver too...

Some points well taken; as the old cliche goes after most any loss, "there's plenty of blame to spread around". BLAME should be as much part of a team as PRAISE.

Flacco beating Manning really did showcase Freeman's skillset and gave BUCs fans hope; seriously. And, Flacco kept his poise despite a few brain-farts of his own... HOPE Josh was watching!

Very DEFINITELY takes more than just an elite QB; perhaps the best example of a team game.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 13, 2013, 09:20:38 AM

Freeman is easily in the conversation with guys like Flacco and Kaepernick and had plenty of games this year that were just as good if not better than them, but both of their teams have elite defenses and great leadership on them. We're lacking that at the moment, but I don't think we're too far away if we can add the right few pieces this summer. We need to find our Patrick Willis/Ray Lewis voice for our defense. Or we atleast need a Richard Sherman trash talker out there.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 13, 2013, 09:25:18 AM

........will now watch the rest of the playoffs on tv like most of the rest of us. Peyton Manning coughed up the game. The rest of his team played well enough to win. He choked again.

Aaron Rogers is headed for Canton no doubt, but looked very ordinary tonight.

While i agree that Peyton pulled a "Peyton", is it Rodgers' fault that their Defense was gutted for almost 600 yds?

Is it Freeman's fault that our defense was gutted week after week?

Absolutely not. Who said it was?

From what I gather Freeman is getting the blame for the December swoon.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#27 : January 13, 2013, 09:28:28 AM

After seeing what Kaepernick did against the Packers, I think the Bucs need to go get Tim Tebow to be their Quarterback.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 13, 2013, 09:34:35 AM

10 ints throughout the month of December might support that notion

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#29 : January 13, 2013, 09:53:03 AM

10 ints throughout the month of December might support that notion

You are 100% correct.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two elite QBs....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools