Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's rushing totals plunged from 364 yards in 2010 to ....139 last season, « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#60 : January 16, 2013, 07:39:22 PM

The article starting this thread says 9 QBs ran for over 250 yards this season, 6 of them are in the playoffs. Is that what you mean by "no correlation"?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#61 : January 16, 2013, 07:44:46 PM

"It's been widely reported that Schiano doesn't want Freeman running"

Link, please.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#62 : January 16, 2013, 08:00:14 PM

Lumi, has someone jacked your log in? Sensible football related posts?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#63 : January 16, 2013, 08:18:21 PM

The article starting this thread says 9 QBs ran for over 250 yards this season, 6 of them are in the playoffs. Is that what you mean by "no correlation"?
While not disagreeing with the point you are making - it will only matter if they win the SB - because playoffs spots are not the goal of this franchise...  ::) ::) ::)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#64 : January 16, 2013, 08:36:33 PM

While not disagreeing with the point you are making - it will only matter if they win the SB - because playoffs spots are not the goal of this franchise...  ::) ::) ::)
I think making the playoffs is the goal for next season.  One step at a time.  If we happen to somehow win the SB even better.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#65 : January 16, 2013, 09:17:52 PM

With Doug on the team I doubt Freeman was encouraged to run. He has proven he can. I'd like to see him run the ball more often. Maybe next year.

Why not?   Even with Dougie, if its open, take off.

9ers having two quality backs in Gore and Hunter certainly doesn't discourage Kaepernick from running.

It's obvious that even when Freeman did run, he wasn't the same mobile threat as he was in 2010. It's certainly curious how a player loses 30lbs and gets slower.

Ever see someone run with a leg brace? They tend to be a bit slower as a result. Schiano had Freeman wear a leg brace all season. I'm sure that's part of the reason, if not the sole reason for the drop.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#66 : January 16, 2013, 09:22:58 PM

With Doug on the team I doubt Freeman was encouraged to run. He has proven he can. I'd like to see him run the ball more often. Maybe next year.

9ers having two quality backs in Gore and Hunter certainly doesn't discourage Kaepernick from running.

It's obvious that even when Freeman did run, he wasn't the same mobile threat as he was in 2010. It's certainly curious how a player loses 30lbs and gets slower.

Ever see someone run with a leg brace? They tend to be a bit slower as a result. Schiano had Freeman wear a leg brace all season. I'm sure that's part of the reason, if not the sole reason for the drop.

I didn't know he wore a leg brace.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#67 : January 16, 2013, 09:24:04 PM

I didn't know he wore a leg brace.

knee brace

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#68 : January 16, 2013, 11:04:59 PM

No doubt that ^this^ would slow Freeman down.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#69 : January 17, 2013, 12:15:32 AM

No doubt that ^this^ would slow Freeman down.
Chace, could you not find a picture of a scantily clad chica with a leg brace? - j/k

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#70 : January 17, 2013, 12:40:04 AM

She may not be scantily clad, but Michelle Rodriguez is definitely a good looking chica in a leg brace.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#71 : January 17, 2013, 12:44:09 AM

Damn you come through every time.
Trust, Belief, Accountability.
Chace you are truly a Buccaneer Man! 

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#72 : January 17, 2013, 12:45:36 AM

Maybe Josh should take up running with her to motivate him to learn to run WITH the brace.  HA!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#73 : January 17, 2013, 12:49:16 AM

maybe so...will keep him away from the white girls...they are trouble.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#74 : January 17, 2013, 12:51:04 AM

maybe so...will keep him away from the white girls...they are trouble.

LOL

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's rushing totals plunged from 364 yards in 2010 to ....139 last season, « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools