Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's rushing totals plunged from 364 yards in 2010 to ....139 last season, « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#75 : January 17, 2013, 12:54:02 AM

Good stuff.  :)

Hate

Hall of Famer
#76 : January 17, 2013, 12:56:19 AM

maybe so...will keep him away from the white girls...they are trouble.

lmao.....if only they knew  ;D

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

gone

Hall of Famer
#77 : January 17, 2013, 01:20:17 AM

if only they really knew...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#78 : January 17, 2013, 01:30:09 AM

They will certainly learn.  ;D

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 17, 2013, 09:09:17 AM

Who cares if he is running? I don't care if he runs for 10 yards all year. There is no correlation between running QBs and success.

so extending drives is meaningless in your eyes?

Sure pulling the ball down and running for a first down once in a while is a tool Freeman has, and uses. I have a problem with the thread/article trying to draw correlations between yards rushing and Freeman's success. 186 rushing yards is satisfactory, I am sure they were yards selected wisely. This offense is built for a pocket passer. How often did/does Eli pull the ball down and run? Rushing yards are irrelevant,IMO.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#80 : January 17, 2013, 09:35:45 AM

If that is the case, then we need a new QB who is a 100% pocket passer.

Freeman was at his best in 2010 when he could extend plays and was enough of a threat to take off, but not enough of a threat to where the defense felt the need to add a spy or heavily adjust to his running capability....which means that there will be several opportunities to tuck and go and get the first down. Him rushing is a good part of his skill set, take that away, and you take away a little bit of that potential he has, and makes his ceiling just a little bit lower. Him being able to pick up key first downs when nothing is open in the pass game, does directly relate to Freeman's and this offense's success.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#81 : January 17, 2013, 10:52:03 AM

Running for first downs is an important part of the QB's repertoire and really gives the whole team a momentum boost.  When I said earlier that we should design runs for him, I was half clowning around.  I don't really think Josh needs "designed" runs, but needs to have that as an option, which comes naturally when pressure is there, or nothing is really open, or the defense gives it.  It has been argued here, whether or not Josh was "forcing" it last year, and I would say that not taking off sometimes is another symptom of trying to "force" the pass.  Than again, with Dan. O. as the backup, if I was coach, I probably wouldn't want him running either.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#82 : January 17, 2013, 11:00:50 AM

Well the one thing Josh has done a very good job of when running, is taking care of himself. We really haven't seen him take any sort of punishing hit(that I can remember) since he came in and started games. He does a great job of getting out of bounds or getting down to avoid contact. There probably is more risk of him getting hurt in the pocket as opposed to him escaping....given his ability to avoid the big hit.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's rushing totals plunged from 364 yards in 2010 to ....139 last season, « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools