Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IMO, Dominik's biggest mistake continue's to haunt him... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: January 14, 2013, 12:17:13 AM

... with every game Tony Gonzalez plays. On Feb 27, 2009 (Tony's birthday!!), Dominik traded a 2nd round and their 2010 5th round pick for Kellen Winslow the junior. On April 23, 2009, the Falcons traded a 2nd round pick in the 2010 draft for.... Tony Gonzalez...
     Imagine the fate of both franchises if Dominik had traded for Gonzalez instead. IMO, he's been the MVP of their offense... more than once...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 14, 2013, 01:11:38 AM

Great player, but not sure he would of altered the history of the franchise. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

McCoy93

Starter

#2 : January 14, 2013, 01:20:30 AM

I still think we'd be in the same position. Tight end isn't the reason why we were bad in these last couple of years

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 14, 2013, 01:20:37 AM

Meh....I think he would have helped in Freeman's maturation process and gave our offense the leader that it hadn't had before VJax, but at that point we still had basically complete crap for WR's other than Mike Williams and Raheem Morris was our head coach. If we had him this year along with Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson then that's another story.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 14, 2013, 01:23:06 AM

Great player, but not sure he would of altered the history of the franchise.

He absolutely would have been better than K2, but likely would have retired after 2011. Draft position would have been out of the top 10, but Raheem would still have been fired.

McCoy93

Starter

#5 : January 14, 2013, 01:26:45 AM

Tony G wouldn't make a huge difference with  the poor coaching, execution, and discipline we have seen these last years mainly the morris years

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 14, 2013, 01:29:46 AM

Tony G wouldn't make a huge difference with  the poor coaching, execution, and discipline we have seen these last years mainly the morris years

Morris would of drove him to early retirement I suspect.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

McCoy93

Starter

#7 : January 14, 2013, 01:31:09 AM

The biggest mistake that year in 09 was hiring Raheem Raw Morris and not going after the other Harbough brother. Jim interviewed with the jets but Rex ryan got it
: January 14, 2013, 01:33:51 AM Benn17

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 14, 2013, 01:33:56 AM

The biggest mistake that year in 09 was hiring Raheem Raw Morris and not going after the other Harbough brother

I believe that was the Glazers call  IIRC.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 14, 2013, 01:35:38 AM

Disagree.

There are plenty of mistakes that Dom has actually made that could be pointed out as his "biggest".

I'm certainly not defending Dom, but you could play the "what it" or "they should have done this" game with every NFL GM and find fault. To blame him for not making one trade in favor of a different trade is a bit unfair.

Criticism of the contracts/signings of Clayton, Black, Wright, Trueblood, Joseph, T-Jax, Ward..etc, far outweigh this "could've" scenario.

Also, he wouldn't have made anymore of an impact than what Winslow did in 2010, so we probably still miss the playoffs that year...and we definitely would have missed the last two years because of QB/defensive issues.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

McCoy93

Starter

#10 : January 14, 2013, 01:38:41 AM

The biggest mistake that year in 09 was hiring Raheem Raw Morris and not going after the other Harbough brother

I believe that was the Glazers call  IIRC.

Yes it was a foolish move by the G boys need to have a proper coaching search

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 14, 2013, 08:11:34 AM

The Winslow trade has been his biggest mistake but Gonzalez has nothing to do with it. Why would a rebuilding team have traded for an aging TE?

But trading for Winslow turned into taking Benn over Gronkowski.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 14, 2013, 08:15:17 AM

He's made bigger mistakes . At least we got a little production of Soldjah boy. Some of Dom's moves gave us absolutely nothing.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 14, 2013, 08:28:33 AM

Tony Gonzalez provided the Chiefs with a list of teams he was willing to play for.....the Falcons eventually being the one that made the best offer.    Anyone think Tampa was on that list?    TG was not coming here.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 14, 2013, 08:41:54 AM

Why would a rebuilding team have traded for an aging TE?

But trading for Winslow turned into taking Benn over Gronkowski.

Security blanket for a young qb.

Not sure it had anything to do with Gronk. Several teams had taken Gronk completely off their boards due to injury risk.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IMO, Dominik's biggest mistake continue's to haunt him... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools