Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EAST-WEST SHRINE GAME: PLAYERS TO WATCH THIS WEEK « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« : January 14, 2013, 09:36:48 AM »

The 87th annual East-West Shrine game practices begin on Monday in St. Petersburg, Fla. showcasing some of the country's best college football talent. PewterReport.com take a look at several players to keep an eye on this week.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8702

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 14, 2013, 09:41:42 AM »

like joseph fauria alot and especially from a value position in the draft. mccloud might be a good backup to miller and we can get in on him late as well. nigel malone impressed me with his play this year. could be a steal late along with rod sweeting. this game looks like a good place to find our pick in the late 4th +

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #2 : January 14, 2013, 03:56:15 PM »

I have a feeling that the Bucs are using that second 4th round pick to trade back into a round but I don't know for who, we seem to always trade up into a round using a 4th rounder and the streak can continue

geetech84

Starter

« #3 : January 14, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »

I have a feeling that the Bucs are using that second 4th round pick to trade back into a round but I don't know for who, we seem to always trade up into a round using a 4th rounder and the streak can continue

I have a feeling if they do use a 4th, to move up or back into a round.. It will be for a TE ... Like: Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, or Joseph Fauria
« : January 14, 2013, 05:39:54 PM geetech84 »

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 14, 2013, 07:28:25 PM »

i doubt we would move up for fauria. hes going to have to have a monster performance to go earlier than the 4th. ertz or eifert are a possibility. i hope we dont unless we only give up a 4th to do it

Supreme

Starter

« #5 : January 14, 2013, 08:46:08 PM »

I'm a big fan of Fauria. He was a touchdown machine this past season for UCLA.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #6 : January 15, 2013, 10:13:11 AM »

Notes From Team West Practice Monday
January 15th, 2013

Joe was out at the Team West practice yesterday at St. Petersburg High School as the team prepared for the East-West Shrine Game this Saturday at the Fruitdome. Below are notes Joe took during workouts and a light scrimmage in shorts. Joe specifically focused on defensive backs (because that is a major need of the Bucs) along with receivers on the same plays. Joe did not monitor any linemen during the practice, sorry.

Kahlid Wooten, CB, Nevada, 5-11, 200: Torched by Mount Union receiver Jasper Collins up the left sideline.

Aaron Hester, CB, UCLA, 6-2, 195: Has a very quick burst when he turns to keep pace with receivers running down the sideline. Struggled in coverage on short passes as either he gave up too much room for receivers in the flat, or simply couldn’t close on a receiver in the open field.

Dan Buckner, WR, Arizona, 6-4, 211: So tall, he constantly gave the shorter outside linebackers fits as he presented a significant size disadvantage.

Duke Williams, S, Nevada, 6-0, 200: Read one play like a book, fired inside like a rocket to break up a short pass over the middle and nearly had a pick.

Demontre Hurst, CB, Oklahoma, 5-10, 183: Seems to have good fundamentals. Always keeps his shoulders square to the line of scrimmage. Had some trouble with wide receiver Anthony Amos, Middle Tennessee State, down the right sideline due to Amos’ size advantage.

Tyrone Goard, WR, Eastern Kentucky, 6-4, 196: Gave shorter linebackers trouble matching up against his size.

Keith Pough, LB, Howard, 6-3, 238: Had blanket coverage on Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah State, breaking up a pass. Later he also had a nice break up of a short pass up the right sideline.

Howard Travis, Ohio State, 6-1, 200: Glides smoothly to the ball. Tall. Has some big hops. Very quick feet. Got burned by fellow B1G member Iowa wide receiver Keenan Davis up the left sideline.

Sheldon Price, CB, UCLA, 6-2, 180: Quick feet. On one play, did a fine job of reading and reacting to a pass but couldn’t come up with an interception.

Nigel Malone, CB, Kansas State, 5-10, 180: Kind of small but stocky. Seems to be pretty quick.

Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois, 6-1, 193: Good ball reaction skills. A big corner who looks big enough to play outside linebacker. Good closing speed.

Anthony Amos, WR, Middle Tennessee State, 6-0, 185: Made a good, physical catch in traffic up the right sideline. Later came back on a short pass and leaped and out-battled defenders for a catch over the middle.

Zach Sudfeld, TE, UCLA, 6-7, 255: Consistently able to get open on deep routes over the middle.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EAST-WEST SHRINE GAME: PLAYERS TO WATCH THIS WEEK « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools