Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik on Not Giving Josh Freeman a Contract Extension « previous next »
Page: 1

CanadianBuc

Starter
: January 14, 2013, 05:32:34 PM

@NFLSTROUD
Dominik says with QB Josh Freeman, "no one is 'in a hurry," to negotiate a new contract. He said it's no adversarial." (5:20PM Monday January 4th)
Dominik: 'He wants to maximize his ability. We want to make sure (we know) everything that's going on..." It's all positive. (5:32PM Monday January 4th)

So basically Mark Dominik is claiming that they aren't planning to trade Freeman they just want to wait and see what happens next season before they go all in.
: January 14, 2013, 05:36:32 PM TBBucs2002

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 14, 2013, 05:33:31 PM

Sounds good to me.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 14, 2013, 05:39:35 PM

Good move.

There is no one out there the bucs can nab up that would be better than freeman this offseason. Next year however, there will be plenty of viable options to choose from.

If they draft/fa some good corners, freeman had better play up to par. Because they'll be forced to give him a contract, or give up on him at some point next season.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 14, 2013, 05:41:16 PM

I agree. Before his slump I said resign him now but after that he needs a lot more looks and he also needs to be given the chance to fully learn from his mistakes this season. Hes got all offseason and next season to figure it out or they will likely move on I think.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 14, 2013, 06:04:18 PM

I'd shop him for a 2014 1st round pick. See if anyone bites.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#5 : January 14, 2013, 06:16:11 PM

You know it might not seem like it but with one more good draft and FA period even if Josh Freeman plays the exact same as he did this year we can make the playoffs and do well. Just think if we had a decent secondary we would have never lost to the Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Saints (1st), Falcons (1st) those are 5 more potential wins + we get Nicks, Joseph and Clayborne back AND all of the new talent we can be a very good team for a while. I can also compare Josh Freeman to Eli Manning their stats for the first 5 seasons of their career are practically identical the only difference is Eli took a BIG step his 6th season which Josh Freeman hasn't begun yet. They were both under Mike Sulliven. Eli ended up winning 2 Super Bowls and I think we can too but we can do better.

Just think how bad we would be if we let Freeman go he is better then anyone we can get in the draft or FA and its just not worth it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 14, 2013, 06:21:59 PM

@NFLSTROUD
Dominik says with QB Josh Freeman, "no one is 'in a hurry," to negotiate a new contract. He said it's no adversarial." (5:20PM Monday January 4th)
Dominik: 'He wants to maximize his ability. We want to make sure (we know) everything that's going on..." It's all positive. (5:32PM Monday January 4th)

So basically Mark Dominik is claiming that they aren't planning to trade Freeman they just want to wait and see what happens next season before they go all in.

Am I the only one who finds that quote somewhat curious?  Anyone know the rest of it, the part Dr. Stroud ellipses-ed out?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 14, 2013, 06:49:00 PM

@NFLSTROUD

Am I the only one who finds that quote somewhat curious?  Anyone know the rest of it, the part Dr. Stroud ellipses-ed out?

From Holder..........

It's been evident that #Bucs aren't going to extend Josh Freeman now. Here's what Mark Dominik had to say about it:

With Josh, I think the main thing is that no one is in a hurry. Im not in a hurry as general manager of the football team. Ive talked to his representation. No ones in a hurry to push anything through because he wants to maximize his ability and we want to make sure with everything thats going on. So its more about a comfort level. Theres nothing adversarial about it. Its all positive. Its been good communication between everyone. 19 minutes ago

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 14, 2013, 07:09:23 PM

@NFLSTROUD

From Holder..........

It's been evident that #Bucs aren't going to extend Josh Freeman now. Here's what Mark Dominik had to say about it:

With Josh, I think the main thing is that no one is in a hurry. Im not in a hurry as general manager of the football team. Ive talked to his representation. No ones in a hurry to push anything through because he wants to maximize his ability and we want to make sure with everything thats going on. So its more about a comfort level. Theres nothing adversarial about it. Its all positive. Its been good communication between everyone. 19 minutes ago

where in the heck did Stroud come up with that "we know" part in his shortened version?  Totally changes the meaning of the sentence.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 14, 2013, 10:46:28 PM

A QB that is scared. Priceless.

I have said he looks terrified for a while now. He has awful body language.

So to date: 

A). Scaredy cat. The B'more game was the worst.
B)  Can't read a field well. Consistently leaves plays out there as a result.
C)  Has issues with ball placement. i.e. accuracy sucks.
D)  Won't run. Has said he hates getting hit. Not sure why he feels like he is Dan Marino.
E)  Inconsistent. Maddeningly so.
F)  has issues with his footwork, and when he is facing a blitz or pressure, he turns into schlit.
G)  3rd and seven?  Run it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 14, 2013, 10:50:32 PM

Also, his inability to look off defenders is further proof that he is the same QB now in terms of potential, that he was four years ago.

Time to get a really good backup in Tampa. Either it is Gosh, or someone else. But the FO needs to solidify the QB position.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik on Not Giving Josh Freeman a Contract Extension « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools