Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The next Josh Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 14, 2013, 11:20:18 PM

Steve Smith was pretty good.
Your theory is interesting but there is no fail safe method. Peyton has gone on and out 8 times has he not?

I overlooked that gem. My mistake.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 14, 2013, 11:36:05 PM

It's not relevant what we expect. He's already made it to the playoffs, won a playoff game, won 11 games in a season. Freeman hasn't done any of those things. Can Freeman do it? I hope so. But it's possible he will not.

I wasn't  comparing the two in terms of accomplishments, persay. More so, I was comparing them in terms of general success within their team's system due to their ability to escape the pocket. However, it is important to keep in mind that Freeman was a bad penalty call (the league office even apologized for it) away from matching WIlson's win count and also making the playoffs in 2010. Win a playoff game? He very may well have that season seeing as we beat the Saints week 17 in the Superdome that year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/23/nfl-apologizes-to-bucs-for-kellen-winslow-td-that-didnt-count/

That would've put Freeman's TD-int ratio at 26:6 in 2010.
: January 14, 2013, 11:39:25 PM TampaBucks05

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 14, 2013, 11:51:15 PM

Well see. It's a long offseason. Hopefully he uses this time wisely and figures out a way to play consistently. He can doesn't need to be the most accurate guy because he does have to hit a lot of longer passes in this offense but he's gotta get better on the shorter intermediate passes. He's pretty much 50/50 right now with it. At least he CAN hit the passes. How can he not hit more of them? Something doesn't add up.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 15, 2013, 01:09:36 AM

Wilson is good, but I believe he, along with recent rookie QB's the past few years, will flop the minute something goes wrong.

With Wilson, it's all up to how his mindset is. The talent is there, but like the rest of these talented rookies all a cross the board, they have to be able to handle life in the NFL on a consistant basis. I honestly don't think that gets talked about enough.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#19 : January 15, 2013, 07:12:30 AM

385 yards passing was a rookie record, all the more impressive by a lack of a true No. 1 wideout. But can he fail? Sure. Anyone can fail.

Sydney Rice, Golden Tate ?

Good #2 WR, good slot WR.

Get a #1 and they have an excellent WR core.

They have a number #1 tight end that sure helps out the WR. Their TE is a beast .

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 15, 2013, 07:19:35 AM

385 yards passing was a rookie record, all the more impressive by a lack of a true No. 1 wideout. But can he fail? Sure. Anyone can fail.

Sydney Rice, Golden Tate ?

Good #2 WR, good slot WR.

Get a #1 and they have an excellent WR core.

They have a number #1 tight end that sure helps out the WR. Their TE is a beast .

More like, he had one beastly game all year long. The dude only had 50 yards in a game one time during the regular season. Dallas Clark actually had a better year than Miller.

Not gonna take anything away from his performance vs the Falcons...but lets not pretend that the dude tore it up all year long.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The next Josh Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools