Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama / FICA taxes: "how do you like me now?" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: January 14, 2013, 09:46:44 PM

Notice BOTH Democrat & Reps kept this little secret from America while campaigning.

Both sides said they ONLY want taxes to go up on the extremely rich-- while they reach in Your pockets and take your money.  ;)

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : January 15, 2013, 06:08:43 AM

The Social Security Program doesn't pay for itself.

Besides, it has always been known that the decrease was a temporary payroll tax holiday used to stimulate the economy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 15, 2013, 09:57:11 AM

Both sides are liars. Payroll taxes went up on the 1st and next year families will be taxed if they don't buy/can't buy healthcare. Both taxes hit the middle class, the healthcare tax will primarily hit the middle class.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 15, 2013, 10:11:06 AM

again,  gotta pay for SS somehow - and middle class members will be the first ones looking for theirs when they turn 62/69.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 15, 2013, 10:25:27 AM

Gotta pay for SS somehow? What happened to all the money those people payed in for exactly that purpose? Before we fund a new tax to replace those funds, I at least want those **CENSORED**suckers to admit they stole it.

Propping up a Ponzi scheme only gets you deeper in.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 15, 2013, 11:14:24 AM

I think you answered your own question.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 15, 2013, 01:11:21 PM

Anybody who didn't know this was coming is either ignorant or stupid. Sorry to be blunt but it wasn't exactly a secret.

Second, with all the planned spending and deficits that are coming, the "rich" don't have enough money to pay for it. Therefore either cuts and/or tax increases are coming to all of us eventually. Sad thing is, this doesn't factor in additional spending that will be caused by 'immigration reform" (additional SS, Medicare and Medicaid due to the inevitable amnesty), Obamacare, and Global Warming legislation;

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 15, 2013, 01:11:39 PM

again,  gotta pay for SS somehow - and middle class members will be the first ones looking for theirs when they turn 62/69.

True, but he probably should have left out his promise not to raise taxes $.01 on middle class. Took him a few months to break that promise. I'm not against taxes, but anyone that thinks giving the Government more of our money is going to solve anything is kidding themselves.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 15, 2013, 01:49:54 PM

I think people should be able to choose where their money goes or at least gets to see for themselves what their money is going to. Of course that would never happen.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 15, 2013, 03:59:32 PM

True, but he probably should have left out his promise not to raise taxes $.01 on middle class. Took him a few months to break that promise. I'm not against taxes, but anyone that thinks giving the Government more of our money is going to solve anything is kidding themselves.

I don't see the elapse of the FICA payroll holiday as a tax hike. It was always seen as a temporary stimulus for the economy.  A gift.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 15, 2013, 04:00:40 PM

I think people should be able to choose where their money goes or at least gets to see for themselves what their money is going to. Of course that would never happen.

What do you mean? I can decide whether my taxes go toward roadways, schools, or defense?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 15, 2013, 04:06:51 PM

Well thats good. I meant things like that (schools, roadways, etc) things along the lines that help out the country. Clearly theres more things along those lines that the peoples money could go to where its going to stuff we dont know about.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 15, 2013, 04:13:12 PM

The payroll tax holiday was a temporary tax cut. It also really wasn't a secret that it was due to expire.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 15, 2013, 06:11:54 PM

The Social Security Program doesn't pay for itself.

Besides, it has always been known that the decrease was a temporary payroll tax holiday used to stimulate the economy.

No, it doesn't pay for itself. It steals from you to pay for someone else and eventually that pyramid is coming down. I wish to god I could opt out of the program instead of flushing away so much money.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 16, 2013, 09:29:32 AM

Seriously,  this is not a Ponzi scheme. Sheesh.

I'm 31 and I will collect mine when I am 92 yrs old which will be the minimum age for SS when I am 'eligible'.

Not a scam.

Okay, maybe a scam.

Okay, undeniably a scam.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama / FICA taxes: "how do you like me now?" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools