Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Sullivan to stay with Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#105 : January 16, 2013, 11:27:30 AM

i can't believe these clowns keep bringing up the "franchise records" nonsense. I was thinking about this last week...is their a franchise in football w/absolutely ZERO franchise, elite, etc QBs in their history? Of the top of my head, the only 3 I could think of one are Carolina, Detroit and the Bucs. People need to stop throwing the "franchise record" garbage around as if it actually means something w/this franchise.
The best QB's in franchise history include three different Super Bowl winners, three different players who have been to the Pro Bowl, one player in the Ring of Honor, and one who is in the top 10 for passing yards in NFL history. Not a bad group in my opinion.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#106 : January 16, 2013, 11:44:47 AM

" The best QB's in franchise history include three different Super Bowl winners,"

Any reason you didn't mention them by name? lol

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#107 : January 16, 2013, 11:50:11 AM

What's being said: "Freeman's not getting it done. He's at or near his ceiling, and it doesn't look like he'll be able to win a  championship. Maybe its time we start considering looking at other options for our future, or at least bring in some competition."

What the Freepologist hears: "Get your pitchforks, we'll run him out of town tonight!"

Lord knows i rarely agree with Lumi but on the rare occasion that he's right, I feel compelled to acknowledge it.

+1.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#108 : January 16, 2013, 12:17:00 PM

What's being said: "Freeman's not getting it done. He's at or near his ceiling, and it doesn't look like he'll be able to win a  championship. Maybe its time we start considering looking at other options for our future, or at least bring in some competition."

What the Freepologist hears: "Get your pitchforks, we'll run him out of town tonight!"

Realist: 'Freeman might not be the best QB in the league, but we got alot more hole to fill than just QB, not allowing us to ignore improvemenst to the rest of the team, so aslong no ones better available, we better try to get the most out of this team letting an average QB like Freeman play. Should there be a great prospect availalbe i would not mind to draft him, passing on a CB or DE while. But i do not rate an unknown QB, whos name i do not even know, higher than Freeman, who is clearly better than alot of QB, whos name i know'

Freeman hater reads' We want to start Freeman for the next 10 years, no matter what, pay  him more than Peyton, Rodgers and Brady combined, pass on every possible replacement while. Freeman is best QB in the history of the game, just his horrible defense keeps him from going 16-0'

The scary thing is this, would we have a few more lucky wins, our defense would have helped Freeman a bit more, and by this got a few PO wins, over teams like the Eagles, Bears Falcons, that litterally beat themselves, the Freeman haters of today prolly would not even consider an replacement for Freeman.

Teams like GB and Indy got rid of their HOF QBs and replaced them with Rodgers and Luck. Seeing  Freeman as a valueable asset to this team does not mean we should pass on better QBs. I did not have to wait 4 years to START considering looking at other options, i already did with pick 18 of the 2009 draft. Apparently WAS did aswell last year by drafting another QB after just having got RG3.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#109 : January 16, 2013, 12:50:18 PM

Still a fact regardless of how much we bash him this offseason. Its meaningless. Dude could come out next season and be awesome. Hopefully thats the case.

The fact is, very few are "bashing" him. The thing that is happening, is that people are refusing to allow BS excuses to be thrown around to sugarcoat the QBs performance. Overall, Freeman didn't completely suck, but he wasn't great either. There were plenty of deficiencies on the this team in '12, but that doesn't make Freeman blameless. You are mistaking criticism for bashing. A lot of the criticism arises when people try to act like Freeman did everything right and the rest of the team is to blame. Yes, there are some that will come out and say that he without a doubt, completely sucks...but that isn't most people. It is actually very few.
I think it started there - with criticism - and evolved into bashing - and has spread like the plague - from the posture bit, how he sits on the sidelines, a perceived lack of leadership, the way he motions and yells at wrs.... I think all of the is beyond being critical and borders on inventing shortcomings as one has to be on the field to have a clue about those issues.  I even read a few folks questioning his bravery/courage.  Freeman doesn't need any more shortcomings than he got here with... just my two cents

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#110 : January 16, 2013, 12:52:34 PM

" The best QB's in franchise history include three different Super Bowl winners,"

Any reason you didn't mention them by name? lol
A test to see if folks knew the two who won elsewhere?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

danimal09

Starter

#111 : January 16, 2013, 01:06:53 PM

Still a fact regardless of how much we bash him this offseason. Its meaningless. Dude could come out next season and be awesome. Hopefully thats the case.

The fact is, very few are "bashing" him. The thing that is happening, is that people are refusing to allow BS excuses to be thrown around to sugarcoat the QBs performance. Overall, Freeman didn't completely suck, but he wasn't great either. There were plenty of deficiencies on the this team in '12, but that doesn't make Freeman blameless. You are mistaking criticism for bashing. A lot of the criticism arises when people try to act like Freeman did everything right and the rest of the team is to blame. Yes, there are some that will come out and say that he without a doubt, completely sucks...but that isn't most people. It is actually very few.
I think it started there - with criticism - and evolved into bashing - and has spread like the plague - from the posture bit, how he sits on the sidelines, a perceived lack of leadership, the way he motions and yells at wrs.... I think all of the is beyond being critical and borders on inventing shortcomings as one has to be on the field to have a clue about those issues.  I even read a few folks questioning his bravery/courage.  Freeman doesn't need any more shortcomings than he got here with... just my two cents
+1
I think both sides started at the same opinion basically just taking slightly different perspectives on it, one more negative and one more positive. Funny how they evolved to "haters" and "apologists" so fast lol.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#112 : January 16, 2013, 01:12:50 PM

+1
I think both sides started at the same opinion basically just taking slightly different perspectives on it, one more negative and one more positive. Funny how they evolved to "haters" and "apologists" so fast lol.

Thats the way Ive seen it. Its been a difference in perspective and theres different ways to look at it. Of course people resort to those labels. Its the only way to belittle others while making their perspective sound like the **CENSORED**. You see it all the time on any message board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#113 : January 16, 2013, 02:09:19 PM

Yea, I was thinking long-term success. I'm sure there are other franchises, but those 3 jumped out as never having a franchise, elite QB. Trying to make Freeman sound better than he is by comparing his #s w/this franchise is a joke IMO...the history of QBs w/this franchise is atrocious.

That's the thing. These aren't stellar records that are being broken. We are in an era of football that is geared toward the passing game. These records being broken are irrelevant. I'm pretty sure that the league won't grant us a playoff spot next year for Freeman breaking another record or two. The only reason people bring up these stats are because it helps to sugar coat Freeman's performance.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#114 : January 16, 2013, 02:17:26 PM

I won't deny that there has been unfair criticism, but I don't believe that it's an overwhelming group of people. As far as words directed at his demeanor, there can be questions about that without it going beyond criticism..same thing with plenty of other topics regarding Freeman. It's all about the context of what is said. I could understand how it could be worrisome that it seems that he has a emotionless demeanor and seems not to care at times. I can also understand that none of us are on the field, in the locker room, in the huddle, etc and that we are not seeing or hearing every single second of dialogue between these players.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#115 : January 16, 2013, 02:49:09 PM

Sully had the offense clicking at times, maybe next season we will see more consistency.

Off topic.....Trestman was an interesting hire for Da Bears.  Guess they decided its not all about defense anymore.  Or an offense such as 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  It will be interesting to see how he works out with Cutler.  Its hard to imagine the Bears as an offensive Juggernaut.  But Trestman has been pretty successful where ever he has worked.  Just glad its him and not Sully.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#116 : January 16, 2013, 02:52:19 PM

I liked Trestman last year as a HC candidate last year. He will be interesting with the Bears.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#117 : January 16, 2013, 05:37:50 PM

For all the ones berating the supposed "Freepologists", I've yet to hear of a realistic and viable replacement.

Alex Smith

A bunch of college QBs in this draft. People keep looking at this draft and saying "there's nothing better." Really? The chance that there is at least 1 QB in this draft who ends up having a better career than Freeman is pretty high. Good thing it's not my job to find that QB, but stop w/the "there's nothing better out there."

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#118 : January 16, 2013, 05:39:59 PM

For all the ones berating the supposed "Freepologists", I've yet to hear of a realistic and viable replacement.

+1 People can whine all they want but there isn't one option better than Freeman that I have heard from any poster. I would love to hear some, not trolling, I actually would.

You already would have , if they existed . They don't...

You know this how?

So there isn't a QB in the upcoming draft that will be better than Freeman?

Alex Smith on this team wouldn't be better than Freeman? Matt Flynn on this team wouldn't be better than Freeman? Matt Moore on this team wouldn't be better than Freeman?

I don't know if they would or wouldn't, but don't sit there and act like there's nothing better out there.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#119 : January 16, 2013, 05:40:56 PM

I just threw up in my mouth - thanks jhop - not.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Sullivan to stay with Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools