Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow deserved better from the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 15, 2013, 11:55:35 AM »

Tebow doesn't deserve squat, because he hasn't EARNED it.
« : January 15, 2013, 12:08:36 PM TampaBucks05 »

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 15, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »

Aww, poor guy.  Sure, he's made millions playing a game, but people are mean to him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 15, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »

No person ruined Tebow.  Tebow is what he is.  If he is good enough to start he will regardless of who loves or hates him.  Michael Vick was accepted backi , because he could start.

Good point. He should be a free agent here soon because I think the Jets will cut him. We will see if anybody picks him up to be their starting QB. Im gonna guess zero will be on that list. Maybe some will be interested in him at TE. My prediction is once Tebow gets cut it will be a while before Tebow finds a home. Nobody wants to bring the circus because thats what it would be if you signed him.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #18 : January 15, 2013, 12:06:01 PM »

Poooooor Tebow.

11/15/12 Colin Cowherd: "I save my sympathies for crack babies, burn victims, wounded veterans, and hurricane survivors. Not $30 million net worth, publicity seeking backup QBs who get anonymously ripped. I don't want to pick on Tebow, because he's a great human being, right?...but let's not paint Tebow as a victim. Number one, the media always seems to find him when he is out in LA or Vegas. Lots of people go to LA and Vegas, lots of stars, they can hide. The media ALWAYS gets tipped off that Timmy Tebow is in Vegas or LA. Clooney can be there for a month, you never hear of it...cause PR people don't tip off TMZ.com. Number two, last May Tebow released a book. Wasn't he seeking readers and publicity? Number three, he Trademarked "Tebowing", and continues to do it. Number four, he chose New York as much as New York chose him. Remember Tebow claiming at the introductory press conference, "I had nothing to do with it"? The next day John Elway told a Denver radio station that Tebow was consulted all through Wednesday after an initial deal with the Jets fell through in a money dispute and Tebow's hometown Jags rejoined the trade discussions. According to Elway's description, proof that Tebow had the final choice, was the fact that the Broncos ended up settling for worse money and less draft picks from the Jets than from the new Jacksonville owner. So come on! He goes on a date with anybody, it's on TMZ.com. People in Vegas and LA have affairs for 20 years and nobody sees it. Tebow walks into town, goes to a swingset with his cute country-western star girlfriend, and it's all over newspapers. It's all over the internet. Come on. Let's not paint him as this hopeless lamb being slaaaaughtered by the media. Him just a widdle guy twying to survive. Come on. What's the old saying? I was born at night, not last night. Does everybody forget that running in the rain moment? You remember that the media in New York gathered around the practice field, it's all rainy. You remember how that worked, the slow-motion. Yea, like that wasn't planned. I like him, he's a great kid, but he's human. He knows its attention for the brand "Tebow". He chose New York, just like they chose him. He could have gone to Jacksonville. The guys got Hollywood movie hunk looks, got great DNA, a relationship with the man upstairs that I certainly don't have., $30 million in the bank, and a brand for the next 50 years that will set him and his family up for life. I'm not anti-Tebow, I'm anti-being a sucker. It's that old saying, don't pee on my boots and tell me it's raining...don't try to sell me that Tebow is a victim."

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 15, 2013, 12:28:51 PM »

Thats an interesting read chase. Seems like he was making plans for "after football". Maybe even he knew that his time in this league would be short. Being a celebrity seems to be more important to him. Could have used that time learning to throw a football properly.

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #20 : January 15, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »

Chace, I swore I heard Colin on the radio saying that bit earlier in the year but c'est la vie, you have a date stamp. GREAT read; thanks for posting.
Doc, I have to disagree.  Most of his fans are fringe-to-OK football fans and thought because he had such a great college career and was MISTAKENLY drafted (my words) in the first round that he should start.  They got soooo loud about it in Denver (and across the U.S.) that he jumped the 2nd stringer (sound familiar?) and surprised a few with some wins, fueling the fire and the ridiculous mantra "all he does is win".  The backlash from the rest of America comes from all of this; football-knowing fans that cannot stand weak arguments about a <50% passer who cannot throw a ball or read defenses in the NFL.

But, hey, he beat the Steelers so he's better than Peyton Manning, right?

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #21 : January 15, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »

Chace, I swore I heard Colin on the radio saying that bit earlier in the year but c'est la vie, you have a date stamp. GREAT read; thanks for posting.
Doc, I have to disagree.  Most of his fans are fringe-to-OK football fans and thought because he had such a great college career and was MISTAKENLY drafted (my words) in the first round that he should start.  They got soooo loud about it in Denver (and across the U.S.) that he jumped the 2nd stringer (sound familiar?) and surprised a few with some wins, fueling the fire and the ridiculous mantra "all he does is win".  The backlash from the rest of America comes from all of this; football-knowing fans that cannot stand weak arguments about a <50% passer who cannot throw a ball or read defenses in the NFL.

But, hey, he beat the Steelers so he's better than Peyton Manning, right?

It doesnt help the hes a "good" guy or appears to be. Problem is thats got nothing to do with football ability. Hes got that history of winning in college and his one win vs the Steelers and hes a good guy but nobody wants him?? Very telling about his ability as a football player.

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #22 : January 15, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »

Exactly, BucBalla.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 15, 2013, 01:28:31 PM »

There are two things I really hate about Tebow's persona:

- The idea that no one's ever believed in him, and he's succeeded anyway.  Right.  The dude was the ranked as the best high school football quarterback in the state of Florida, was courted by every elite team on the East Coast, was voted in as the Heisman Trophy winner, and was then selected in the first round.  He has been awarded out the ass for his ability, and his fans still pretend like he's someone who was wronged at every stop in his career.

- The idea that he's a "winner." The Broncos scored less frequently with him at starting quarterback.  He lost four of his last five games as a starter (and three of those losses were by THREE SCORES OR MORE), and then limped into the playoffs where he defeated a Steelers team operating at half-capacity.  That Broncos team was 1-4 when he took over, with losses to Oakland, Tennessee, Green Bay, and San Diego -- not exactly bottom-feeders that year.  And the two playoff-bound teams that Tebow faced in the following 11 games beat the Broncos by a score of 86-33.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 15, 2013, 01:40:47 PM »

The problem with Tebow fans is that no matter who the starting QB is for their team is they would want Tim starting....

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 15, 2013, 02:09:26 PM »

" football-knowing fans cannot stand weak arguments about a <50% passer who cannot throw a ball or read defenses in the NFL. "

You talking about Freeman or Tebow?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 15, 2013, 02:20:27 PM »

" football-knowing fans cannot stand weak arguments about a <50% passer who cannot throw a ball or read defenses in the NFL. "

Even Freeman manages to have a competion percentage above 50%.  (That is deliberately faint praise.)  That's one thing that I've always found somewhat ironic about people who don't want Freeman but DO want Tebow.  Sure, I can understand being frustrated with Freeman's lack of accuracy and poor decision making.  You'd think (or at least, I'd think) that they'd want to replace him with an accurate quarterback who could read defenses though.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #27 : January 15, 2013, 02:41:57 PM »

Tebow's religious beliefs have never bothered me. He's just a terrible player and a bad teammate.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #28 : January 15, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »

Even Freeman manages to have a competion percentage above 50%.  (That is deliberately faint praise.)  That's one thing that I've always found somewhat ironic about people who don't want Freeman but DO want Tebow.  Sure, I can understand being frustrated with Freeman's lack of accuracy and poor decision making.  You'd think (or at least, I'd think) that they'd want to replace him with an accurate quarterback who could read defenses though.
I don't think that anyone seriously actually wants Tebow to replace Freeman.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 15, 2013, 03:06:59 PM »

Tebow spotted in Arizona today, the rumors are flying.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow deserved better from the NFL « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools