Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow to Argonauts? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

McBarron

Pro Bowler

: January 16, 2013, 09:53:36 AM

Tebow to Argonauts? Rumors swirl

The article is somewhere on the internets. Too busy to post it, but did not want our board cheated out of, yet, another Tebow thread.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 16, 2013, 09:56:50 AM

With the recent fad of Read-Run Style offenses, Tebow may have caught a break. But I doubt it.

I honestly think I can throw a football with more precision than Tebow.

big_JLB

Starter

#2 : January 16, 2013, 09:58:21 AM

alouettes (montreal) hold his CFL rights

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 16, 2013, 10:12:13 AM

How does that work?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 16, 2013, 10:29:45 AM

Actually I heard he got offered a nice contract from one of the LFL (lingerie football league) teams. However there was some issues with him going under center.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

big_JLB

Starter

#5 : January 16, 2013, 10:36:31 AM

How does that work?

each CFL has a list of 35 "protected" players that they have exclusive negotiating rights with should they choose to play in the CFL. im not sure exactly how it works, but i'm sure CFL teams contact player agents to do so as a "just in case" option for both themselves and the player

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 16, 2013, 11:26:02 AM

That sounds like maybe the weirdest thing about the CFL, but I guess it kinda makes sense, so one team can't grab all of the Tebow's out there.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 16, 2013, 11:32:55 AM

Still makes no sense. The CFL is even more pass oriented than the NFL so Tebow's issue are even more pronounced since you can't use a ground n pound style to hide his passing.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 16, 2013, 11:42:09 AM

Oh, on that I agree.  tebow to the CFL doesn't make sense from an effectiveness standpoint.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 16, 2013, 12:51:37 PM

Still makes no sense. The CFL is even more pass oriented than the NFL so Tebow's issue are even more pronounced since you can't use a ground n pound style to hide his passing.
Scrambling/rushing/mobile QBs have had a bunch of success in the CFL.
Just look at guys like Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Damon Allen, Henry Burris, Kerry Joseph
I wouldn't write Timmie off in the CFL.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 16, 2013, 01:20:59 PM

Actually I heard he got offered a nice contract from one of the LFL (lingerie football league) teams. However there was some issues with him going under center.
LICK

I mean LIKE^^^

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 16, 2013, 01:24:38 PM

Scrambling/rushing/mobile QBs have had a bunch of success in the CFL.
Just look at guys like Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Damon Allen, Henry Burris, Kerry Joseph
I wouldn't write Timmie off in the CFL.

Yeah but all those guys were passers. A lot of them failed the height measures for the NFL or arm strength but nothing about just not being good envy to compete a pass.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 16, 2013, 01:25:06 PM

Hitting an all time low for the guy. Star in college to the CFL?? Good thing NFL Europe isnt still playing, hed find his way over there. Probably would have been cooler than playing in Cananda though.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 16, 2013, 02:59:07 PM

I am trying to figure out which I am more tired of.

Tebow threads.....or Lance Armstrong updates on ESPN

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 16, 2013, 03:01:51 PM

Tebow to the eagles?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow to Argonauts? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools