Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "GM is Alive, Al Qaeda is Dead" ~ Joe Biden (( OOPS!!! )) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: January 16, 2013, 12:43:22 PM

This has Iranian Hostages '79 written all over it.....

http://news.yahoo.com/islamists-seize-japanese-french-nationals-algeria-sources-093252520.html

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 16, 2013, 04:58:45 PM

looks like you're the only one who thought he Literally meant "dead"

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 16, 2013, 05:06:39 PM

Yea, he meant many of them had been killed - but there were plenty more where they came from.  He just skimmed over the part where their operational effectiveness had only been delayed.  Of course that requires a new meaning of the word skimmed.  Skimmed as in he failed to mention it.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : January 16, 2013, 05:07:13 PM

Are they figuratively dead? It doesn't seem so.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 16, 2013, 05:11:45 PM

The figuratively dead part - does that mean pissed off?  Just checking because I have a hard time interpreting Bidenspeak.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 16, 2013, 05:20:20 PM

I'm wondering if maybe these are the people we should focus on taking guns away from?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 16, 2013, 06:01:50 PM

I suspect there is a bit of denial occurring in DC - what with the Arab Spring, and not dead Al Quaeda... maybe taking their supply of weapons just hasn't made it to the surface of all that data that is so overwhelming. 

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 16, 2013, 06:46:32 PM

It's a bumper sticker quote where Biden references the death of bin laden. Taking it literally just exposes your right wing agenda and makes you look pathetic.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 16, 2013, 07:02:41 PM

We're not taking it literally, we're taking it figuratively - and it's still not true. Not sure how much more simply I can explain it.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 16, 2013, 07:18:42 PM

We're not taking it literally, we're taking it figuratively - and it's still not true. Not sure how much more simply I can explain it.
who's this "we" you speak of? Everyone else seems to be following the right wing script.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 16, 2013, 07:36:25 PM

The other folks whose posts seem to be a bother to you which would include mine.  Of course it was a slogan, and the slogan wasn't accurate while being a slogan, nor are they now.  My use of the slogan not being accurate is simply a different choice of words than Illuminator's - when he said "it's still not true". 

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 16, 2013, 07:59:34 PM

Not sure I follow but my only aim here is to call out right wing fail when I see it and this thread is pure gold
: January 16, 2013, 08:08:14 PM wreck ship

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 16, 2013, 08:07:21 PM

If you find Biden's epically inaccurate slogan/statement a fail for anyone but he and his running mate I can't help it.  False is false - regardless of who offers the slogan/statement. 

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 16, 2013, 08:14:49 PM

If you find Biden's epically inaccurate slogan/statement a fail for anyone but he and his running mate I can't help it.  False is false - regardless of who offers the slogan/statement.
lol..gold I tell ya, pure **CENSORED**ing gold!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 16, 2013, 08:34:39 PM

" Not sure I follow but my only aim here is to call out right wing fail when I see it "

It's crystal clear to everyone else that you don't follow.

Aim lower.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "GM is Alive, Al Qaeda is Dead" ~ Joe Biden (( OOPS!!! )) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools