Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman has special interest in league's title games « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 20, 2013, 04:35:36 PM

"If we just would have had half a HC after 2002, Rodgers would be playing here,"

Because Gruden didn't want Rodgers, right?

If he wanted him, he'd have been the pick. Surely you aren't suggesting that Carnell was forced on him?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : January 20, 2013, 04:58:49 PM

I'm suggesting that I don't know - and neither do you. Gruden wanted Rodgers, even told him he was the pick, but something happened along the way. What that something was, I won't claim to know, even if some of you absurdly do. But if anything was forced on Gruden it would be Simms.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 20, 2013, 05:01:56 PM

I'm suggesting that I don't know - and neither do you. Gruden wanted Rodgers, even told him he was the pick, but something happened along the way. What that something was, I won't claim to know, even if some of you absurdly do. But if anything was forced on Gruden it would be Simms.

No intelligent observer would believe that the Glazers forced Gruden to select a RB over a QB. Furthermore, his manlust for Carnell started at the senior bowl and continued til he ran the wheels off of him.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 20, 2013, 05:11:22 PM

" No intelligent observer.. "

You have provided abundant evidence that when it comes to Gruden (or Carnell, for that matter) you allow your emotions to overrule your intelligence.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 20, 2013, 05:20:08 PM

" No intelligent observer.. "

You have provided abundant evidence that when it comes to Gruden (or Carnell, for that matter) you allow your emotions to overrule your intelligence.

And nothing i've ever posted in relation to either of them was without credence.

Now instead of a weak attempt at deflection, how bout answering the question. Who exactly would force Gruden to take a RB over a QB?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 20, 2013, 05:35:01 PM

" And nothing i've ever posted in relation to either of them was without credence."

...provided you always assume the most negative thing possible was what actually happened.

"Now instead of a weak attempt at deflection, how bout answering the question."

What part of "I don't know what happened" is it that you're having trouble comprehending?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 20, 2013, 07:13:53 PM

the Glazers forced Gruden to select a RB over a QB.

Interesting theory.   You could be right.   They did like Simms and had links to his father.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman has special interest in league's title games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools