Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manti Te'o: High Character Young Man « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #15 : January 16, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »

How does this guy respond to the question he will be asked before the draft?

He can't lie because of this video and if he tells the truth people are going to think he is a wacko!

Crazy situation!

Turn the page.

ufcguy32

Starter

« #16 : January 16, 2013, 07:02:14 PM »

he is full of crap. he said he had met her. he knew exactly what he was doing. if he had never met her thats one thing and the online hoax was a a possiblity...this is all on him. your a sick person manti...and you have a lot of issues

Ms Elam

Starter

« #17 : January 16, 2013, 07:02:29 PM »

The inspiring story of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o became a lot more uplifting during the 2012 season, when it was revealed that he was playing in the wake of a pair of personal losses — his grandmother and his girlfriend had died.
But his girlfriend didn’t die.  She didn’t die because she never existed.
Yes, Lennay Kekua didn’t exist.  Thus, the many media accounts regarding her relationship with Te’o and her eventual passing in September 2012, were false.  As were the on-the-record references to her by Te’o.
“They were with me
,” Te’o told ESPN after an upset of Michigan State that came days after Te’o's grandmother died and his girlfriend actually didn’t.  “I couldn’t do it without them, I couldn’t do it without the support of my family and my girlfriend’s family.  I’m so grateful for all the love and the support that all the fans both from Michigan State and Notre Dame and fans around the world for just supporting me and my family and my girlfriend’s family.  I miss them.  I miss them.  But I know that I’ll see them again one day.”
Timothy Burke and Jack **CENSORED**ey of Deadspinhave unearthed the hoax
, exposing it via an item so detailed and compelling that the folks at Notre Dame had no choice but to promptly acknowledge that, indeed, there was no, and is no, Lennay Kekua.
Roughly an hour after the story surfaced, Notre Dame issued the following statement acknowledging that there was no, and is no, Lennay Kekua:  “On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax
 in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia.  The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax.  While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.”
The Notre Dame statement creates more questions than it answers, because it paints Te’o as the victim.  But how can Te’o be the victim of a false relationship that apparently involved more than online contact between Te’o and someone who never existed?  Te’o and Kakua supposedly had met, she supposedly had visited him in Hawaii, and he supposedly had spent hours interacting with her and her family via phone.
Meanwhile, it’s convenient to say the least that Notre Dame became aware of the hoax the day after Christmas and said nothing about it until after the story broke.
The Deadspin item seems to imply strongly that Te’o wasn’t the victim but the instigator, possibly working with Ronaiah Tuiasosopo (a member of the well-known Tuiasosopo football family) to manufacture a personal tragedy for the purposes of widespread publicity — publicity that nearly resulted in Te’o becoming the first true defensive player to win the Heisman Trophy.
 Te’o has many questions to answer regarding the situation.  Regardless of whether he does so publicly, he’ll be doing so privately in the interviews and meetings that will precede the draft.  Teams will want to know whether he can be trusted, and likewise what flaw possibly exists in his personality to prompt the fabrication of a girlfriend who would die during the season and draw Gipper-like attention to his football career.
“It could be ugly,” one league source with extensive knowledge of the pre-draft process told PFT.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 16, 2013, 07:09:08 PM »

How much would you pay to sit in on the interviews at the combine?

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #19 : January 16, 2013, 07:28:57 PM »

How much would you pay to sit in on the interviews at the combine?
Comedy Central should stream it for free.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 16, 2013, 07:36:12 PM »

SportsCenter: Te'o B.S "victim" response.

It took him Since December 26th to come up with a 'credible story'. What a joke. 
Manti Te'o is an IDIOT!!!

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
« #21 : January 16, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »

Sounds like a Burfict sized value as an udfa.

And as a side note...I played a very similar prank on a friend...created a fake gf in which he "dated" for about 8 months...we had our gf's call him and everything...it was cruel, but he was such a jerk we just called it karma.
« : January 16, 2013, 07:41:56 PM CaptainStagger »

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 16, 2013, 08:01:04 PM »

And as a side note...I played a very similar prank on a friend...created a fake gf in which he "dated" for about 8 months...we had our gf's call him and everything...it was cruel, but he was such a jerk we just called it karma.

Burfict was acting like a child and playing like a seventh-round draft pick.  Te'o may've pulled the wool over everyone's eyes, but he played like a top-10 pick the entire season.  Short of having killed this nonexistent girlfriend himself, I doubt he falls out of the first round.

geetech84

Starter

« #23 : January 16, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »

Sounds like that happen, but maybe by the girl, or someone else who took that girl picture's..I kind of feel bad, for the dude, that he couldn't get a real girl, instead he dated, fell in love, with someone online "maybe she was ugly, and that's why she took that girl pics" and maybe he wanting to see her and she made a up story, like she did.. "who knows"

I just can't see him, do something like that, knowing any lies, you gonna get caught. being in the public eye," he is in the public eye,a 1st rounder, " I just dont see him doing something like that.. to mess that up..

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 16, 2013, 08:51:14 PM »

Its a hot topic on talk radio today.  Wasn't a big fan after the Bama game, even less now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 16, 2013, 10:02:04 PM »

Problem with the online G/F excuse is that he claimed to have met her in persona, said she flew out to Hawaii to meet him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 16, 2013, 10:07:57 PM »

Anyone opposed to drafting him in the second now?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 16, 2013, 10:09:54 PM »

Anyone opposed to drafting him in the second now?

Yes. I think his upside is to be Mason Foster. We already have Mason Foster so Manti adds nada to the team.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #28 : January 16, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »

http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2012-10-12/sports/34419536_1_brian-and-ottilia-manti-te-o-irish-head-coach to see how far down the rabbit hole this goes

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #29 : January 16, 2013, 10:20:40 PM »

Maybe Manti is a homosexual, and wants to cover it up by making up some story about a girl...?

Just want to throw that out there.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manti Te'o: High Character Young Man « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools