Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manti Te'o: High Character Young Man « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #75 : January 17, 2013, 03:30:50 PM »

If he drops in the draft, whoever get's him will have a heck of a player..."with a lot of heart and soul and passion for the game, a leader on the field" (Something I wish the Buc's defense had) "not saying I want Te'o, I just a player on Defense that is a leader, that will fire up everyone on D"

But on another note, I don't think Te'o  is the type of person, to make up things like that..knowing it will ruin everything he work hard for..I just can't see it

Whoever the person was, they are one, who is sick, who knows he probably gave the person money to help and all..

This is a case of a nice person taking advantage of.. He probably didn't think a person would lie about something like that, or do something like that to someone.. heck he is from Hawaii.

Like I said before I feel bad for him, all the Jokes, and people doubting the man "who he is as a person"

No one is going to respect him as a defensive leader after all of this.

Even after being exposed a bit, he was still going to go in the first round, and still have a good chance at being a good player from his leadership.

How is the guy with the fake girlfriend going to fire up a veteran?

He's going to promise to hook him up with her hot sister after the game

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #76 : January 17, 2013, 03:37:43 PM »

Can you imagine how opposing fans are gonna harass this Manti F.I. Te'o ??

Man, what a f. i. !!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #77 : January 17, 2013, 03:41:59 PM »

Can you imagine how opposing fans are gonna harass this Manti F.I. Te'o ??

Opposing fans, opposing players, his own fans and teammates and the constant scrutiny of the omnipresent press.  He's got a lot of explaining to do. Another Oprah Winfrey interview.  Or maybe Bob Costas this time.   Notre Dame better put this dude on suicide watch.

jcaulfield8

Second String

« #78 : January 17, 2013, 04:00:14 PM »

How can anyone honestly thinks that this guy knowingly went through a relationship with someone he has never met and seen in person then through her death without trying to go to the funeral meet her family..etc.
you are on drugs if you dont think he was in on the scam. With some of his comments to papers and his dads comments to papers, to think that he had no knowledge of it is ridiculous.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #79 : January 17, 2013, 04:04:13 PM »

...I feel bad for finding that hilarious...

It doesn't look good for Manti, but this was an interesting take:

http://collegespun.com/big-east/notre-dame/a-notre-dame-students-take-on-manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-hoax#.UPhm0ie7Pcz

I think he's supposed to have a press conference today to tell his side of the story.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #80 : January 17, 2013, 04:06:55 PM »

How could the "love of your life" be in an accident and you don't visit her? How could she be in the hospital dying...and you don't visit. How could she die...and you don't go to the funeral?  He told reporters that her family didn't want to give pictures....where the heck did he get that info?  He described meeting her at a ball game and looking into her eyes. There is way too much here that says hoax that he's in on.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #81 : January 17, 2013, 04:10:23 PM »

Comment of the day, on a Yahoo article:

"T'eo's got 99 problems, but a girlfriend aint one."

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #82 : January 17, 2013, 04:12:46 PM »

Playing devils advacate. For the past few years we all have heard of people having online relationships and not meeting them in person. By the time many of us hear it one person has been scammed for money from their online love. Lets not forget about "family members" from Africa claiming people have an inheritance and can receive it for a small fee. Yes this story sounds and smells fishy but this facebook generation has no problem calling people real friends when they have little to no human interaction with them. Just like saying who really took cyber bullying seriously 10 years ago?
« : January 17, 2013, 04:14:59 PM BucfanNC12 »

TheAman

Hall of Famer

« #83 : January 17, 2013, 04:50:57 PM »

Playing devils advacate. For the past few years we all have heard of people having online relationships and not meeting them in person. By the time many of us hear it one person has been scammed for money from their online love. Lets not forget about "family members" from Africa claiming people have an inheritance and can receive it for a small fee. Yes this story sounds and smells fishy but this facebook generation has no problem calling people real friends when they have little to no human interaction with them. Just like saying who really took cyber bullying seriously 10 years ago?

Here's the problem.  It's perfectly reasonable to have a relationship at this time entirely online.  What's not reasonable are the following things: not doing ANYTHING with her after she died.  It's one thing not to go to the funeral because you have a game, but to not contact her family, to not visit the grave, to do absolutely nothing, is completely irrational.  Also, if what the AD said yesterday is correct, on multiple times, he set up meetings with her, went to where they were supposed to meet, and she no-showed.  If that's true, how is it possible that he never caught on? 

Either we're dealing with an incredible idiot, which can't be possible because everyone at Notre Dame tells us how their school is different, and they only accept the best and brightest, even if they're playing football, or he was in on it to some degree.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #84 : January 17, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »

Manti Seau

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #85 : January 17, 2013, 04:53:29 PM »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8854472/teammate-manti-teo-says-player-played-girlfriend-angle

TheAman

Hall of Famer

« #86 : January 17, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130117/manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax-quotes/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp

Yeah....there's no way this **CENSORED** is true.  She was in the hospital for months, and he never once thought to visit her?  He's definitely in on the whole thing.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #87 : January 17, 2013, 05:05:18 PM »

Manti Te'o is a Piece of #@$% !!!!!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #88 : January 17, 2013, 05:22:22 PM »

I wonder if he set any of his teammates up with one of these fake girls....stay tuned.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

« #89 : January 17, 2013, 05:37:25 PM »

Scum. Plain & simple. Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Unfortunately will probably still be a first rounder. Not top 15 tho.

Go Bucs
  Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manti Te'o: High Character Young Man « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools