Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rashard Mendenhall? « previous next »
Page: 1

bucshot420

Starter

: January 16, 2013, 06:33:14 PM

Per Rotoworld

Speaking about the Steelers' 2012 running game, GM Kevin Colbert said "that group of players didn't produce the way we anticipated they would."
"Where we were in running game last year was indicative in the talent at the position," Colbert said. Where the Steelers were was 26th in the league with 96.1 yards rushing per game. A running back corps "led" by Rashard Mendenhall, Jonathan Dwyer and Ike Redman wheezed to 3.7 yards per carry (tied for 29th). Impending free agent Mendenhall is fully expected to walk.

So how would you all feel about him in a rotational role with Doug?  He was a good back at Illinois and before this year was pretty decent in Pitt.
I'd love to hear people's thoughts, and other ideas on upcoming FA's that could fill that role.

Juani2

Second String

#1 : January 16, 2013, 06:37:36 PM

i liked him coming out of college big strong has some speed seems to be a disappointment so far in his career but wouldnt mind bringing in for competition

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 16, 2013, 07:12:16 PM

i thought he was pretty good in Pit.  I dont know what the heck happened up there.

rpp224

Starter

#3 : January 16, 2013, 07:40:56 PM

Considering that Blount might not be around next year, he could be a decent replacement for him

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 16, 2013, 07:46:15 PM

Considering that he blew off a game this year because he wis pissed with his playing time I'm gonna say .....NO

Are you nuts, keep this guy as far away from one buc as possible. He pulled a no call no show for a game!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/12/mendenhall-didnt-show-up-for-sundays-game/

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 16, 2013, 08:08:28 PM

Per Rotoworld

Speaking about the Steelers' 2012 running game, GM Kevin Colbert said "that group of players didn't produce the way we anticipated they would."
"Where we were in running game last year was indicative in the talent at the position," Colbert said. Where the Steelers were was 26th in the league with 96.1 yards rushing per game. A running back corps "led" by Rashard Mendenhall, Jonathan Dwyer and Ike Redman wheezed to 3.7 yards per carry (tied for 29th). Impending free agent Mendenhall is fully expected to walk.

So how would you all feel about him in a rotational role with Doug?  He was a good back at Illinois and before this year was pretty decent in Pitt.
I'd love to hear people's thoughts, and other ideas on upcoming FA's that could fill that role.

If he was any good, the Steelers wouldn't be letting him walk. Pass!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 16, 2013, 10:16:52 PM

Dom might be able to get a late draft pick for Blount, and send him to Chip Kelly land.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

smithcar

Starter

#7 : January 16, 2013, 10:19:43 PM

No thanks spend the money elsewhere

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 16, 2013, 10:31:31 PM

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha!

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 16, 2013, 10:49:46 PM

Too many injuries at this point. Might as well resign caddy.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rashard Mendenhall? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools